News Team NINJA Costume Contest

Kohlrak

at least buy the top10 choices a PS4 ; TN being cheap letting ppl do their work

Shame capcom doesn't learn from this. Megaman Legends 4, or just anything megaman. Those masters have been getting pretty unoriginal lately. I'd really love to see Kung Fu man, Karate man, Clock man, Fan man, etc. I'm happy TN and TK listens to people and even has the 'nads to respond to them.

David Gregg

at least buy the top10 choices a PS4 ; TN being cheap letting ppl do their work

That's the great thing about the FSD community though. Members post art and concepts not because they ever expect anything in return but b/c they genuinely enjoy DOA and would really like to see the characters wearing these designs! :)

Kohlrak

I hope i don't get crucified for saying this, but this sort of elitism is also what is killing alot of the older game communities. People are proud of their community, but have trouble understanding new people. Therefore, when there is pull for the new people to try, the new people get pushed away. This is not exclusive to gaming, however. It would seem that this elitism is more subconscious here, where it is very overt in other communities. I'm hoping to work with some people to help open the doors to DoA so the people beating at the doors can come in, but the scheduling is problematic. As a result, I may publicly post what i mean so the pride of the community can address exactly what i'm talking about. However, these 2 people came up with the idea first so i don't want to steal their project from them.

I just want to say that DoA is dying, but isn't beyond saving. All communities are failing in this regard, but it would seem that FSD is better off than just about everyone else, so there's alot more hope for DoA than, say, Tekken or Street Fighter. The most hope exists in smash bros, however, but that's because Nintendo sees the problem quite clearly. If TN will listen, maybe we can get DoA to gain the popularity it truly deserves. If anyone wants me to elaborate, i'll explain certain details if you PM me, though i doubt this'll be taken seriously, nor do i think my arrogant words will be well received.

Argentus

quick wip sketch of Mila costume. I'm gonna refine the hell outta this and then submit it, then win it, then main it.
10006018_1422388131344911_1014491110_o.jpg

UpSideDownGRUNT

I'm hoping they pick more than just one character that would just be stupid because we all know either kasumi or Marie Rose would win.

To make it fair for everyone they should select a bunch of characters or preferably the whole cast if there's enough submissions and make a DLC pack out of it. Not only will everyone not designing Kasumi or MR get a fair chance to get a costume in but we will finally get an interesting DLC pack which isn't something gimmicky or something the last good non gimmick pack was the casual set and that was last year.

As for the prizes they could give them out to the first 3 or 4 picks and runners up get the pleasure of their costume as DLC.

Kronin

lol oh Tulkas. :rolleyes: I think the problem is that the character has to already be in the game at this point. :/

"cough" "unless-TN-likes-the-design-so-much-they-decide-to-add-Tengu-and-the-outfit" "cough" "cough"

I thought the same thing, but like fan of Eliot you should know better than anyone that there is no confirmation that the outfit created will be used for your character... blame Ein for it! XD (by the way it's also true that would be strange to use Tengu's outfit for other characters :p)

TRI Mike

Tengu's nose is fine Sergio.

I'd like a formal short dress for Helena. Kinda like Christie's black/red one with the high heels. But I'm too lazy (and suck at drawing) so I won't submit anything.

A black variant of Leifang's default dress would be welcome too, I still don't know why it's gone.

Tina is fine, so are Busa and Gen Fu.

indieanimator

Thanks for posting this. I've never heard of a game company doing this sort of thing. Makes sense considering how many great outfits they've done. Participation with the public is pretty cool. I draw almost every day for work, but haven't done something for fun like this in quite a while.

Most people might do fun female outfits, but I could always try a guy; Leon doesn't have much yet. M.Rose- maybe she has a lot more on the way. What do you think?
A few of the backgrounds and ninja bodysuits hint at a futuristic theme that hasn't been explored w/some of the cast. I'm leaning towards that.

I'll use my animation table to draw, scan & use Flash to cleanup & color. Maybe I can even take a request or two since there's time...:)

(1) no "dresses" or "swimsuits" for helena. she has three thousand of them. please don't waste your time. you have the creative freedom to do anything. show TN the many possibilities outside the realms of "sexy" and "casual." make it shine, folks.
(2) something for brad wong please!
(3) please leave tengu's nose intact.

kxthxbai

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD