DOA6 Team NINJA Establishes First DOA6 Tournament

Never forget what makes DOA incredible; gameplay and intensity as the series moves forward

Excitement for the offline scene continues as Team NINJA has added two brand new events to their official Dead or Alive 6 website. The first being a DOA6 "Mini Tournament" which will run on the latest build according to the Japanese site. The second event is an exhibition match, and DOATEC... I mean Team NINJA, will invite the top fighters in the world to compete, a detail not elaborated in the American version of the site.

It's easy to speculate that the DOA6 mini tournament will be at EVO after the Last Round event, but more details will be released soon. The main focus leading to EVO is to fill registration spots and attract people to the event. Currently there are more than 120 spots filled, and if you want some intimate time with DOA6, you should claim yours now.

Now this Super Exhibition match looks to be a global event where players from all over the world will have a chance to compete and enjoy community engagement. This is reported to be an event in Japan as covered on Team NINJA's Twitter. International players are already struggling to make it to EVO in the allotted time schedule, so this will ease the pain for some I imagine; especially as details emerge.
That being said, there are some absolute rockstars attending EVO 2018; traveling overseas: We have Teru Rock, our NEC champion Siologica and now Tanii, who received enough donations to make the trip, and will pay back his supporters double if he wins the event!

5b437c1a-910c-4d55-9d17-0c2f0aa70b57.png

This is how community should look and act!

Last edited:
What's a little worrisome is that he has enough donations now that I think he wouldn't be able to pay back double to all the donators even if he does win first place.

Oh send them to me, we can use it for the whiners petition that we've seen lol. (totally petitions), nah I don't want it.

She won the first tournament in DOA lore by killing Raidou. She just didn't want the money and only cared about avenging her brother. it went to the second place winner.
Oh I mean competitive in real life tourney wise like at Winter Brawl etc. xD I know story wise Kasumi won DOA1 and only entered DOA3 so she could find Hayate, and none of the ninjas even entered the DOA5 tournament xD

Destroying the building doesn't mean she won the tournament. There's generally two story lines going on in DOA: Tournament Characters | DOATEC/Ninja

For example, Gen Fu won the DOA3 tournament but Ayane's ending in DOA3 is considered canon as well. Similarly, Jann Lee won DOA5 but he wasn't the one who defeated the super being in the lower depths of the oil rig.

Destroying the building doesn't mean she won the tournament. There's generally two story lines going on in DOA: Tournament Characters | DOATEC/Ninja

For example, Gen Fu won the DOA3 tournament but Ayane's ending in DOA3 is considered canon as well. Similarly, Jann Lee won DOA5 but he wasn't the one who defeated the super being in the lower depths of the oil rig.

Well Helena also has the bigger character slot in story mode. So who won DOA4 then? For DOA3 it says in one of the manuals that Zack won, maybe XBV which I've heard is not part of the story, then I heard he just won a LOT of money and Ayane won... but I get that a lot of different characters get something they really need from the tournament and I've always liked that.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD