Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor

P2p1mbs

ha ha no way cause i'll scrub myself to B rank using ayane:D

I dont mind Ayane players, its countless the NiCO players that bore me. Let them fight each other in endless mirror matches while the rest of us can enjoy some actual variety :rolleyes:.

Ninoasker

Raansu

nothing on fixing the lobby

like TN tells the player to play rank only

The lobbies function well enough. Not sure why you feel you need to play rank only.

it tanked in less than 1 month and a half wow... that’s some Jump Force type of shit, and we all know what Jump Force went through after the release lol

That's not an indication of a game tanking....

Xhominid The Demon Within

I've gotten plenty of AAA games a month later for half the price. Its not uncommon.
Hell Fallout 76 tanked so bad that in some areas of the world, you can get it free by buying some controller nubs...

And the game was released atleast a good 6 months ago by comparison. There is way more precedent than a quick deal that plenty of AAA games have dipped to once in awhile.

Strangerinmytub

I've gotten plenty of AAA games a month later for half the price. Its not uncommon.

AAA does not equal good game, and the price dropping in half a month later means that it is a massive failure. I have a hard time believing that a company would cut a successful game's price in half just for the hell of it. "Wow we were so successful on release that we can afford to sell our game at half price and still make a profit."

Games like GTA V sold for full price for years because the game was good and people were still willing to buy it at full price. Meanwhile stuff like Battlefield V and Anthem have already dropped to the $30 range because they are devoid of content and have had poor sales. Price cuts don't mean a game is dead, but it is a strong indicator that the game is weak.

Raansu

How many of those were topping the sales charts the first month of release?

The recent AC game I waited to get. It sold well and it was about 5 weeks later I bagged it from GameStop brand new for $40. New games drop in price all the time even when they sell well.

DyByHands

So what are these new “player coins” for? Im kind of confused... theres parts, money and now player coins. Or are the player coins just the money?

U_C_A_F

Its already confirmed DOA6 sold significantly less than DOA5 and even previous DOAs did at its launch no need to sugarcoat it trying to compare it to other AAA games when it failed to live up to its own predecessor. 6 failed to expand its fanbase in every possible way on top of actually losing a chunk of it.

Raansu

Its already confirmed DOA6 sold significantly less than DOA5 and even previous DOAs did at its launch no need to sugarcoat it trying to compare it to other AAA games when it failed to live up to its own predecessor. 6 failed to expand its fanbase in every possible way on top of actually losing a chunk of it.

Doesn't mean it tanked and it didn't sell significantly less. Its just a fact that fighting games don't sell as well as they used to.

Ninoasker

Which games are we talking about? Cause it’s true, it’s not uncommon for games with big names associated to them since they sell well anyway.
But DOA is not what we call a "mainstream" franchise. You can't compare it to, let's say, a Rockstar Games title like the recent Red Dead Redemption 2 for example, who sold 17 million copies in just the first two weeks. You can't expect a DOA game to sell enough in A MONTH to get a drop of a 50% in its price tag like it's a revolutionary game, not even the casuals who buy it for the titties are that numerous to equal the public that lots of AAA titles have lol. So the possible explanations we have for this price drop is either they got enough $$$ already to pay for the game's development (and I wouldn't be surprised, considering the state of it) OR that the game tanked and they wanna get as much money as they can, and dropping the price is a good alternative so even if its less money more people can buy it.

Xhominid The Demon Within

Doesn't mean it tanked and it didn't sell significantly less. Its just a fact that fighting games don't sell as well as they used to.

We even have proof of this... when we compared numbers to other fighting games in the past as well and they equally sold less than their predecessors.
I don't know why we need to keep having this conversation because it's one thing to be disappointed in the game and hope shit gets fixed, it's another thing to continually spin crap like this ultimately over a damn flash sale of all things if @Raansu and @Jerk is correct.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD