Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Why people has this quest in life of making Dimensions non-canon? x'D
Most people don't like the Dimensions story for various strange reasons and they try to pretend like Dimensions never happened even tho that's still the same events they're going by. XD They're still going by Dimensions events tho regardless

The same events still occur in Dimensions but they just added in certain things to make the story make sense(Like Christie rescuing Kasumi so she could join DOA1 even tho that was a trap and Lisa holding Helena at gunpoint via Donovan's orders) since the original story was a mess and you had to do arcade ladders to get snippets of what each character's purposes were and who they interacted with. I think people forget that Dimensions still uses basically all the original events but just slightly alters and adds in events so that the plot doesn't have a bunch of holes on how who meets who and such

Raansu

Most people don't like the Dimensions story for various strange reasons and they try to pretend like Dimensions never happened even tho that's still the same events they're going by. XD They're still going by Dimensions events tho regardless

The same events still occur in Dimensions but they just added in certain things to make the story make sense(Like Christie rescuing Kasumi so she could join DOA1 even tho that was a trap and Lisa holding Helena at gunpoint via Donovan's orders) since the original story was a mess and you had to do arcade ladders to get snippets of what each character's purposes were and who they interacted with. I think people forget that Dimensions still uses basically all the original events but just slightly alters and adds in events so that the plot doesn't have a bunch of holes on how who meets who and such

DoAD retcons a lot of stuff and practically inserted Hayabusa into every event. Certain parts of the story like Ayane's fight against Genma kind of lose their impact on the character when Ryu flies in and helps.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
DoAD retcons a lot of stuff and practically inserted Hayabusa into every event. Certain parts of the story like Ayane's fight against Genma kind of lose their impact on the character when Ryu flies in and helps.
That's true but they had to include Hayabusa somehow, otherwise he would be pointless in DOA1 and DOA3. I don't like really like how he's lumped in either but it can't really be helped. Same with Raidou being resurrected in DOA5LR and DOA6, I'm not really happy about it but there's some things about the story they changed/altered that you just have to accept

Baji Breakdancer

It really shines a light on how unnecessary Hayabusa has always been to DOA, he’s the eternal guest character. It’s like if Link kept showing up in every Soul Calibur and they came up with retcons about how Hyrule is next door to Raphael’s house.

Jadeinchains

I wish they'd start showing the deluxe outfits again since we haven't seen everyone's yet, Especially since there's no other news being revealed right now.

Baji Breakdancer

I mean, you could make that argument for pretty much any character except the core ninjas and maybe Helena if you're feeling generous.
No, I don’t mean just unnecessary to the main DOATEC plot, he’s unnecessary to every other plot and character, just like a guest character. He’s unique in that if you remove him, the dynamics of everyone else wouldn’t change at all.

Every other DOA fighter has their own little arc and reason for being in the tournament, along with their circle of friends and rivals. Hayabusa stands out in that he’s unchanging, doesn’t have any motivation, and just exists to be tough and cool. They’ve always treated him like a guest character and it’s really weird.

To put it another way, Leifang doesn’t affect the “main” story, but they didn’t feel the need to retcon her into more story stuff in Dimensions.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I mean, you could make that argument for pretty much any character except the core ninjas and maybe Helena if you're feeling generous.

You could make the argument for certain, but it wouldn't be an argument won.

No, I don’t mean just unnecessary to the main DOATEC plot, he’s unnecessary to every other plot and character, just like a guest character. He’s unique in that if you remove him, the dynamics of everyone else wouldn’t change at all.

Every other DOA fighter has their own little arc and reason for being in the tournament, along with their circle of friends and rivals. Hayabusa stands out in that he’s unchanging, doesn’t have any motivation, and just exists to be tough and cool. They’ve always treated him like a guest character and it’s really weird.

To put it another way, Leifang doesn’t affect the “main” story, but they didn’t feel the need to retcon her into more story stuff in Dimensions.

I would like examples of how they treated him like a guest character:

Itagaki AD: Hayabusa interferes with some of Kasumi and Ayane's biggest plot points. That's screen time.

And when Jesus waked the Earth and all was good, Hayabusa won DOA2 and killed Bankotsubo. How is that being treated like a guest?

Baji Breakdancer

You could make the argument for certain, but it wouldn't be an argument won.

I would like examples of how they treated him like a guest character:

Itagaki AD: Hayabusa interferes with some of Kasumi and Ayane's biggest plot points. That's screen time.

And when Jesus waked the Earth and all was good, Hayabusa won DOA2 and killed Bankotsubo. How is that being treated like a guest?
Winning a tournament was literally the only thing Hayabusa has done of note before Dimensions, and even then (like I said before) he still had no arc or meaningful relationships with other characters. Heck even the “story” of him winning is nonexistent, he just fights a demon out of nowhere, presumably to emphasize how strong and cool he is. Winning DOA2, not unlike the retcons, are “on paper” achievements to make up for the fact that he’s wierdly irrelevant.

Like, what is his personality? Everyone in DOA has a pretty distinct persona, but Hayabusa is just kinda there. And I say this as someone who really likes Ninja Gaiden. You’re expected to like him because he’s cool and brave or whatever from another video game. That makes him more of a guest character than not.

I would love it if they gave him something to do. Make him roommates with Zack. Reveal that his village disappeared and was shrunk down and being held hostage by Nyotengu. Give the poor guy a story, anything.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD