Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Xhominid The Demon Within

-They plan adding costumes and characters meanwhile the listen the feedback

Alright, that's seems like a good plan, really listen for the feedback when it comes to the male characters for goodness sake...

-"Sexy imagery" is indispensable for the game

DaringWarpedAmericanredsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

As long as they don't go DOA5LR levels of overboard, I'll be fine with it(please for the love of fuck don't go back there, have some damn variety)

-They plan improving physics even more post launch. Physics aren't enough "soft" for him.

Pleasedon'tbringbackOMGPleasedon'tbringbackOMGPleasedon'tbringbackOMGPleasedon'tbringbackOMGPleasedon'tbringbackOMGPleasedon'tbringbackOMG-

-It's hard to work with the new engine (DW9) but they tried their best to bring a high quality product.

I agree with @Brute in that they should have created a better engine then... but all I can really think of is that they had no choice since they was truly on a short deadline and had to pump out DOA in a year and a half...

-They "heard" (who?) that the team wasn't able to include Gen Fu. The possibility of him coming in the future exists.

They heard Gen Fu of all people and not Leon! Boy, that sounds really, really stupid.

-For adding Momiji and Rachel they have to talk with the company (Koei Tecmo) and there are internal talks about it.

Oh Joy, 2 of the most overrated characters in DOA5 may come back, what a fucking surprise... this is my surprised face:
cbd.gif

But seriously, it amazes me that people complain that Rachel and Momiji won't be back despite them being guest characters of Ninja Gaiden like they are fucking DOA characters first and foremost? Most people didn't even use Momiji after she got nerfed and Rachel was used more for pro play. Where the fuck was most of these people casually? *Sigh*

-They had to cut around 30 scenarios from the story mode due to various circumstances. Shimbori would like to add those if the game is a hit but he can't promise it.

As long as we don't have to pay for them, I have no problem with it.

Ode to SFV story mode.

... Oh crap, you did sorta have to pay for SFV's Story Mode, didn't you? But to be frank SFV was made in such a massive rush it was one of the many reasons why the game was so horribly bare bones.

I still would hope that they don't make you pay for any extra scenarios if they do add them since we actually have a Story Mode ingame.

I mean DOA6 is kinda only vanilla, so now my percentage bet for a DOA6U would be higher now with the recent information.

I mean yeah and I actually DO expect a DOA6U no matter what due to Sony wanting to push PS5 so goddamned quickly. I just hope they do the same route they did with DOA5 and allow people to keep one copy and do updates just like that and SFIV and SFV. Don't really feel like buying any extra copies anymore.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

As long as they don't go DOA5LR levels of overboard, I'll be fine with it(please for the love of fuck don't go back there, have some damn variety)

I personally don't like costumes like:

https://www.checkpoint-games.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Hitomi_01.jpg

Because there's zero artistical effort into it.

But for example I think this one is sexy as hell:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/oYE-4ilT32w/maxresdefault.jpg

For me the "red line" is if the costumes fit characters personalities.

Meanwhile characters like Hitomi, Kokoro or Mila tend to be really "shy", characters like Christie, Tina or Nyotengu tend to be way bolder with their body language and wardrobe.

But seriously, it amazes me that people complain that Rachel and Momiji won't be back despite them being guest characters of Ninja Gaiden like they are fucking DOA characters first and foremost? Most people didn't even use Momiji after she got nerfed and Rachel was used more for pro play. Where the fuck was most of these people casually? *Sigh*

Well, this is about popularity based in desires mainly.

Back in Guilty Gear XX Accent Core there weren't many Order Sol players, because he was way harder to play than regular Sol (due his charge meter and the lack of projectiles) but despite that he was one of the more requested characters for Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator:

http://shoryuken.com/2015/10/02/hol...ops-guilty-gear-xrd-revelator-character-vote/

We all know the end because Dizzy ended winning the poll but he was really requested for a lot people despite not being that popular in GG XX AC tournaments.

btw, I was Order Sol main and I'm still waiting for him ...

Raansu

There's a 100% chance we'll get an ultimate edition. Whether its a re-balance release to tie in with the eventual arcade drop or its a re-release on the inevitable next gen consoles coming out most likely next year, its happening regardless. I'm not sure why there's even a conversation on it.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
There's a 100% chance we'll get an ultimate edition. Whether its a re-balance release to tie in with the eventual arcade drop or its a re-release on the inevitable next gen consoles coming out most likely next year, its happening regardless. I'm not sure why there's even a conversation on it.

I mean hey, you'd be surprised. But yeah, I also believe a complete game upgrade with a whole rework and balance + additions will be a thing.

I definitely could see a DOA6U or DOA6+++ happen as a separate disc that's pretty different from vanilla again.

Yuffie

More about the Famitsu interview:

-They plan adding costumes and characters meanwhile the listen the feedback

-For adding Momiji and Rachel they have to talk with the company (Koei Tecmo) and there are internal talks about it.

https://twinfinite.net/2019/02/dead-or-alive-6-sexy/
I'm surprised they have to ask. Then why was Momiji included in the DOAX series?
I know it's a different game but c'mon, the licensing can't be that difficult can it?
I mean they got Mai back in again.

More costumes is inevitable, but hopefully we don't consistently get fetish dlc.

For me the "red line" is if the costumes fit characters personalities.

Meanwhile characters like Hitomi, Kokoro or Mila tend to be really "shy", characters like Christie, Tina or Nyotengu tend to be way bolder with their body language and wardrobe.

My main point is that I don't want them to go overboard with the sexiness, not remove it entirely. The whole point Shimbori has stated since Day 1 was that they was toning it down from DOA5LR... which needed to get toned down because it was nothing but fetish outfit after fetish outfit.

I have no clue with having sexy outfits, just don't bother with the cheap shit and actually do some decent costumes that can be sexy yet not be trashy.

Well, this is about popularity based in desires mainly.

Back in Guilty Gear XX Accent Core there weren't many Order Sol players, because he was way harder to play than regular Sol (due his charge meter and the lack of projectiles) but despite that he was one of the more requested characters for Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator:

http://shoryuken.com/2015/10/02/hol...ops-guilty-gear-xrd-revelator-character-vote/

We all know the end because Dizzy ended winning the poll but he was really requested for a lot people despite not being that popular in GG XX AC tournaments.

btw, I was Order Sol main and I'm still waiting for him ...

I could agree with that but it still seems so pointless in that people are asking for Momiji just for the sake of it like she matters that much, THAT'S my problem. People actually used Dizzy and Baiken and I know people would use Order Sol and Bridget because they was not only viable due to the system, but also have unique mechanics that can work well.

The only character I've seen people even say favorable things for DOA is Rachel. Momiji honestly seems like a waste of a slot if they aren't going to balance her for 6 as she was already pretty bad even mechanics wise when she came out being a full discount Hayabusa with a useless double jump.

I'm surprised they have to ask. Then why was Momiji included in the DOAX series?
I know it's a different game but c'mon, the licensing can't be that difficult can it?
I mean they got Mai back in again.

More costumes is inevitable, but hopefully we don't consistently get fetish dlc.

Because putting her into the DOAX series is a different can of worms than integrating her into a new DOA title, especially when they was already talking about they only added in characters that was STORY RELATED. There is nothing about Rachel or Momiji that would be story related in DOA6 atm and that should be obvious.

SoftCabbage

Japanese is a category 4 or 5 language. I forget which, but its one of the most difficult languages to learn and translating it to English is even more difficult. Mistranslations are extremely common and most don't realize that, which is why I take a lot of the comments the media make with a grain of salt because I imagine Shimbori is trying to convey something one way, and a translator conveys it in the most basic way possible half the time.

Everything's hard. And if it's complicated, one can always translate it in 'barebone' version with additional note on it, in regards of game article translation. Harshly speaking, if one does not carry the ability to stand for accuracy, then don't do any sort of journalism work like this. He is translating news everyone is looking forward to and if he mixes his own guesses and opinions into the translation, the news then would be diluted and bringing the wrong message. The wrong message then spread worldwide. What was 'A' becomes 'Z'. It becomes fake news the moment it steps outside its original language.

Example of what he did last time (take note that I change the subject to DOA6 for easier understanding)
1. Article: talks about Break Blow, stating example of Hayabusa would do X moves while Kasumi would do Y moves.
BK's translation: During Break Blow, Hayabusa and Hayate would do X moves, while Kasumi and Ayane would do Y moves.
** When this happened on another game article he was translating, I talked to him on Twitter. He said the game has some cloned moveset across the characters, so he put additional character names to the translated article because he guessed these characters would do the same moves as the originally mentioned one.
** The fact: Wrong

2. Article: talks about the current theme, stating DOA would be toned-down and carried on with more natural feel.
BK's translation: DOA6 will not be sexualized and aim for realism.
** The Fact: Wrong
** When this happened on another game article he was translating, I had not decided to confront him on his Twitter just yet. But surely the mistranslation about the theme was more 'negative' ended and eye-pleasing to those who wanted to rant on the game. The false news eventually was spread and believed until today it turns into a meme.

Like I said previously, I know BK for a long time, tracing back to 2007 when we were still sitting in the same forums. I respect his dedication to translate and contribution to the community. I consumed his work until I felt something cheesy on it and began translating for myself and found mistranslation case with guesses like above and some other translations weren't even as detailed as the original.

Therefore now I won't wash his hands. No sh*t we have to take everything with a grain of salt , but I will not say it in regard of defending him. He has compromised his own credibility and I implore everyone to be aware and not just swallow translations and news. Not just from him, but from all of these gaming 'journalism' bullcrap.

Macca Beam

er did you mix them up? flower ring superglued to tits is dumb but the latter just looks like an oblivion mod with 4 downloads

also hitomi isn't shy. she's the punchy kicky schoolgirl type with the added trait of assaulting virgin males using claws

i'll refrain from using the word fetish, because it is ALWAYS short for "fetishes i don't like as opposed to the ones i do". 5's problem was more like having too many of the same shit (especially the bikinis). themed outfits would be swell if they were unique for each character instead of a basic bitch design cloned infinitely

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD