Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Ninoasker

we have no choice but to nod and smile
FaceApp_1579447661951__01.jpg

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Since their approach to costumes won't change anytime soon they'll focus on accessories? That tweet with the 2020 glasses was pretty generic but perhaps those glasses really are the first step towards a simple customization system like Tekken 5?
I wouldn't go that far yet xD if anything that's just an indicator that we'll still be getting glasses to clog up the eyewear section xD

I think that we're gonna be able to use the headwear for the pack with all costumes tho since so far after the energy up pack all the packs had headwear we can use with almost all the costumes but maybe that's because they were santa hats

zoo

Jeez, I didn't realise I got into a doll dress up game. I swear I thought I saw a fighting game franchise somewhere on my way here. My bad.
lol guess I'll put it this way since it's easy to see how this thread could make new players not want to approach it

As a game DOA6 isn't unplayable or anything, in fact it actually has more content than a lot of fighting games out as DOA usually does. The game has flash and you can tell Team Ninja still cares for the details of the game with the tutorial being a good example. 6 itself has just been such a disappointment to me and a lot of people here compared to the older games. I'm sure most here would want as many people playing DOA as possible but it's just so hard to realistically recommend something as lazy and embarrassing as 6. So if you're enjoying the game as a fighter hell I'm fucking glad, keep playing lol but I'm personally not in love with a lot of the mechanic changes and sure as hell not the DLC TN/KT wants us to get excited over. I'd rather the game be active to somewhat keep DOA alive as a fighter so again if it's fun to you the DLC, albeit very disappointing, is purely optional.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Jeez, I didn't realise I got into a doll dress up game. I swear I thought I saw a fighting game franchise somewhere on my way here. My bad.

I don't think that's a fair assessment.

1. If you are referring to the women only getting costumes that's not cool because men can still be considered dolls too.

2. If you are referring to gameplay not being the focal point, that's not fair either, because nobody has seen the balance adjustments yet for the update, and Team NINJA has already declared in Tweets that there will be changes for 1.18 - so if you are mad about outfits; maybe you should hold off for that.

I don't see what the big deal is. I think that most people not into the costumes use the male characters primarily and say things like you just did. Since the beginning of DOA, female characters have always had more outfits and this is not a new topic.

I'm buying the outfits Team NINJA is tweeting. I like both male and female characters, but these looks really cool to me. God forbid though if I like something the males aren't getting.

It's pretty lame that Team NINJA can't at least give credit to some of these artists, but they did relinquish their art, and in some ways they still ended up winning in a way because their creation is in the game.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
You're not wrong. Even if you were being sarcastic. :)

DOA6 can actually be considered a doll dress up game but it's also 100% a fighting game. The two features aren't mutually exclusive. :) I think that's what gets fans of other fg's mad. You can pick out a cute outfit for your favorite character and proceed to kick ass. lol.
I never understood why other FG fans get so mad about DOA's DLC and costumes tbh. Tekken and SC let you basically dress up your characters however you want and SF5 panders to casuals and fetishes in their dlc but they never get the flack TN gets for it. I think it's just a bandwagon sentiment at this point

werewolfgold

I never understood why other FG fans get so mad about DOA's DLC and costumes tbh. Tekken and SC let you basically dress up your characters however you want and SF5 panders to casuals and fetishes in their dlc but they never get the flack TN gets for it. I think it's just a bandwagon sentiment at this point
Other fighting games tend to balance out their marketing with other stuff. Scrolling down the DOA Twitter feed is pretty much fetish outfits and retweeting of thirsty fanart and snapshots.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Other fighting games tend to balance out their marketing with other stuff. Scrolling down the DOA Twitter feed is pretty much fetish outfits and retweeting thirsty fanart and snapshots.
I wouldn't say that tbh, they choose the more tastefully done screenshots that don't really emphasize the sex appeal but it's a given due to what game it is, I've been RTed a couple times but I try to take more aesthetically done pics. And the fan art is sexualized at times but again that's how the characters are designed, I think it's a good way to help smaller artists get their work out there

Soul Calibur often does the same thing and so does SF5 in terms of art and such, Tekken does occasionally but they're trying to do that wack ass caption this screenshot thing with lackluster shots they take themselves when they know the game doesn't really have a photo mode or a way to look back at stuff like DOA and SF and SC do xD

euphoria

crazy how the dlc era turned this series into a fetish dress up game

like doa actually used to have a sense of style for the characters. Leifang wouldn’t wear a maid costume because it wouldn’t make fucking sense, Ayane wouldn’t be caught dead in a wedding dress. You could say it’s part of doa’s silliness and kinda the point but it screams lazy and “we don’t really care about the characters here’s some costumes.”

I only lurk here, but don’t lie, dude. Leifang’s costumes in THE FIRST GAME included a maid outfit.

latest

zoo

I only lurk here, but don’t lie, dude. Leifang’s costumes in THE FIRST GAME included a maid outfit.

latest
oof well it's stupid there too lmao think it's considered a waitress outfit on the wiki so I didn't think much of it

doa 1 was pretty weird though like a lot of characters didn't have their signature style yet (brunette Tina for example). If you wanna see the maid dlc as them calling back to this then sure I guess

werewolfgold

Soul Calibur often does the same thing and so does SF5 in terms of art and such, Tekken does occasionally but they're trying to do that wack ass caption this screenshot thing with lackluster shots they take themselves when they know the game doesn't really have a photo mode or a way to look back at stuff like DOA and SF and SC do xD
I mean, you can take a look at their Twitter pages yourself. The last visual anything that SC posted was Hilde's trailer. SF's Twitter had the 3 recent Christmas outfits in December but that also came with a stage variation.

DOA's twitter is a lot more active, but when the activity is skewed like it is, they're the ones creating a certain impression. And they certainly couldn't be arsed to make a Christmas stage variant.

Danharhar

lol guess I'll put it this way since it's easy to see how this thread could make new players not want to approach it

As a game DOA6 isn't unplayable or anything, in fact it actually has more content than a lot of fighting games out as DOA usually does. The game has flash and you can tell Team Ninja still cares for the details of the game with the tutorial being a good example. 6 itself has just been such a disappointment to me and a lot of people here compared to the older games. I'm sure most here would want as many people playing DOA as possible but it's just so hard to realistically recommend something as lazy and embarrassing as 6. So if you're enjoying the game as a fighter hell I'm fucking glad, keep playing lol but I'm personally not in love with a lot of the mechanic changes and sure as hell not the DLC TN/KT wants us to get excited over. I'd rather the game be active to somewhat keep DOA alive as a fighter so again if it's fun to you the DLC, albeit very disappointing, is purely optional.

As someone out looking in, I don't see how continuously adding fetish costumes is gonna lure any new players at all. I seriously enjoyed playing DoA 5 due to it's mechanics and gameplay but at the rate the franchise is going just purely on dlc and marketing, it's not gonna grow at all.

I don't think that's a fair assessment.

1. If you are referring to the women only getting costumes that's not cool because men can still be considered dolls too.

2. If you are referring to gameplay not being the focal point, that's not fair either, because nobody has seen the balance adjustments yet for the update, and Team NINJA has already declared in Tweets that there will be changes for 1.18 - so if you are mad about outfits; maybe you should hold off for that.

I don't see what the big deal is. I think that most people not into the costumes use the male characters primarily and say things like you just did. Since the beginning of DOA, female characters have always had more outfits and this is not a new topic.

I'm buying the outfits Team NINJA is tweeting. I like both male and female characters, but these looks really cool to me. God forbid though if I like something the males aren't getting.

It's pretty lame that Team NINJA can't at least give credit to some of these artists, but they did relinquish their art, and in some ways they still ended up winning in a way because their creation is in the game.

I'm pretty much referring to both points and I pretty much always use female characters in my fighting games. Mila and her fighting style is what got me interested in DoA anyway. I get that DoA always was a fanservice fighter but it's honestly not special in that aspect anymore. Other fighting games have equal or even better fanservice now. Only difference is the franchise and it's community parades around and markets it as it's the only thing the game is good for. I'm sorry but to most other fighting gamers, that in itself is quite a turn off. It's probably why the player base is as small as it is or always has been.

You're not wrong. Even if you were being sarcastic. :)

DOA6 can actually be considered a doll dress up game but it's also 100% a fighting game. The two features aren't mutually exclusive. :) I think that's what gets fans of other fg's mad. You can pick out a cute outfit for your favorite character and proceed to kick ass. lol.

I can pick cute outfits for my characters in Tekken and Soul Calibur too so I don't get what you're implying? It seems like a doll dress up game to me cause that seems to be the only thing I always see talked about or shown to me. Every announcement seems to be just hype around costumes after costumes. As a player coming from other fighting games, I'm looking around wondering what are we actually getting hyped about? At least with Soul Calibur I get hype just from the devs introducing a new character or changes to the fighting mechanics. Other than Tekken, there's really no other 3d hand to hand fg to get into and here's DoA and the community getting excited about fetish costumes and their dating sims.

Dionysus

The fun thing is nobody is excited about the costumes except for some casual players who don’t post online. People here are exasperated and angry, all the other forums are still busy complaining about Rachel ‘censorship’. Just check the responses to those twitter posts. Half people asking for Tifa or male stuff and half incoherent google translated “Japanese” asking for the same.

zoo

The fun thing is nobody is excited about the costumes except for some casual players who don’t post online. People here are exasperated and angry, all the other forums are still busy complaining about Rachel ‘censorship’. Just check the responses to those twitter posts. Half people asking for Tifa or male stuff and half incoherent google translated “Japanese” asking for the same.
Koei Tecmo:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Alleged hardcore gamers get more involved with costume news than the casuals! Alarming... let's ignore that we are getting balance adjustments the same day we are getting the pass.

Please people. This thread isn't your platform to submit your feedback. It's to discuss Team NINJA's social media updates. There are X amount of threads where you can do that. Some people just want to stick directly to the 24hr news, and that's what this thread is for. There will be no general thread. This is not discord. Not that hard to understand.

I will be issuing reports to anyone that keeps things off-topic or tries turning this thread into their wish list. NB4 "MY opinion this.... MY opinion that!"

RetroMe91

I think the person who made the Phase-4 design can claim their design made the cut, but that Ayane design ain’t it. Also why bitch about “getting” your design in the game? Wasn’t that ultimately the goal when entering? They said this time in fine print that all design become TN’s property essentially to be used as they please, that includes other characters. Also the Lisa costume looked nothing like the Ayane design, it looked more like the Christie design from DOA5...

All I know is I wouldn’t even be remotely upset if they used any of my designs in DOA6.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD