Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

KwonJigglypuff

Also, from what I understand, if you buy a color, it is "stuck" to the hairstyle.

So for instance, if I buy Helena long hair's recolors, I won't be able to... let's say... customize my 10 slots with 10 different colors ? Right ? -_-

What a terrible system...

P2p1mbs

I did not understand the hair color function is still rented or do I buy it permanently and alternate the time I want?

You can spend one ticket per hairstyle and can the change that style's colour all you want for free but any costume that uses that style will keep the current colour until you change it.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
no point on making patches if the game is not making money

True, but there are some stuff they have to patch to leave a good note at the least, and that schoolpack one is the time to do it.

For starters, Tamaki has an unholdable 4H+K and like 15 other bugs that has to be addressed. Otherwise the character would be completely banned at community events. You can't just up and leave from that, most competent devs wouldn't skip on cases like that usually because it would get laughed at and not a game to be used properly on general format. You gotta have some integrity and own to your balance mistakes as well before you pull the plug.

Course inb4 someone says "they should use Tamaki either way or just ban the move". But obviously, that's not how things work.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
@Tyaren - https://www.freestepdodge.com/threa...ia-updates-for-doa6.8170/page-313#post-411867

To be clear, it only says they well be ending DLC updates... I guess that doesn't include patches and fixes? But somehow I doubt those will continue on much longer past the last DLC either.

What a disgraceful end. I guess I was right all along, they were becoming so incredibly shameless with the monetization, because the game was a flop and the DLC was too. They were milking the last idiots that still bought their crap game and crap DLC for all they were worth. And in the end not even that was enough money for them, so they ended support altogether.

I wonder if they internally take any responsibility for DOA6 failing like this or if they really think they did everything right.

@ everybody expecting a DA6 Ultimate at this point:
DOA6 was already a flop and in the last year the already not so great reputation of DOA tanked even more. The series is now infamous for being shameless and anticonsumer. A DOA6U would flop even harder than DOA6, they'd be loosing more money than they would gain from making it.
If there is anything resembling a DOA6U it will be a F2P gacha like DOAXVV. That seemed to be KT's plan all along.

But like if I put a blue hair color for Kasumi's default costume and then I want to put black and then I decide to go back to the original color, can I change it or do I have to pay again?

UpSideDownGRUNT

True, but there are some stuff they have to patch to leave a good note at the least, and that schoolpack one is the time to do it.

For starters, Tamaki has an unholdable 4H+K and like 15 other bugs that has to be addressed. Otherwise the character would be completely banned at community events. You can't just up and leave from that, most competent devs wouldn't skip on cases like that usually because it would get laughed at and not a game to be used properly on general format. You gotta have some integrity and own to your balance mistakes as well before you pull the plug.

Course inb4 someone says "they should use Tamaki either way or just ban the move". But obviously, that's not how things work.
Thing is, apparently the Japanese version says development is suspended indefinitely. That kinda implies there won't be updates or anything either, so if none of that is addressed in 1.22 and lbh it probably won't then Tamakis broke for the foreseeable future.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Thing is, apparently the Japanese version says development is suspended indefinitely. That kinda implies there won't be updates or anything either, so if none of that is addressed in 1.22 and lbh it probably won't then Tamakis broke for the foreseeable future.

Makes sense yeah. That means any pot bonus tournaments from community support and community money support permanently bans that character. Big yikes, game at this point wouldn't even be official at tournaments.

But mind you, the Tamaki stuff has been out for a good while and TN already knows some of the character issues. I think it'll be fixed up on that last DLC batch (well...if they mess that up too).

Anura

Did USF4's development end on a good note? I remember people complaining about Elena and claiming that SFV addressing netcode at this point was a great move by comparison.

Last edited:

Ninoasker

So this cheap excuse of a DOA game is actually being killed in the next update
IMG_20200126_235511.jpg

Ninoasker

It's actually kinda funny that games older than DOA6 (ffs Tekken 7 is from 2017 and SFV from 2016) are still getting DLC content and UPDATES to the actual game being pumped out and DOA6 miraculously reached a whole year and 90% of those updates had something to complain about lol. Please let 6 stay DEAD forever and just wait some years until a capable team gets their hands on DOA and are able to make a comeback with a mindblowing DOA7, cause I'm not even gonna bother trying ANYTHING from this franchise that has 6 attached to the title.

Lycanthrope -R-

To be clear, it only says they well be ending DLC updates... I guess that doesn't include patches and fixes? But somehow I doubt those will continue on much longer past the last DLC either.
Good lord, those article comments. lol

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Good lord, those article comments. lol

The worst takes are the: "DOA6 flopped, because you listened to SJWs that never even played the game mimimi."

200.gif

Yeah...the game flopped, because you actually got more than enough T&A, bikinis, fetish costumes and female only DLC characters (something we all told the idots was going to happen, TN was just BSing everyone as always), and not because the game was an unfinished, unpolished mess that they monetized so outrageously, lazily and shamelessly that most of the old fanbase just moved on at one point.

TheTHCGamer

You release a terrible game with delayed features and then continue to make poor decision after poor decision after release. Yeah real shock that no one was willing to support this crap and so they decided to end support.

Let's say what DoA6 was from the beginning a cash grab with no love put into it. The game was a stain on the DoA legacy and even the people that initially defended the game just couldn't anymore.

They took CAPCOM's plan of how not to release a fighting game (SFV) and decided to take it up another level by showing how not to update your game after release. Game was a slap in the face to the DoA fanbase glad it's dead for now.

DoA6 has been an absolute terrible representation of the franchise and I honestly wish it never released. When DoA6 was first announced i never thought it would turn out so bad or lose support so soon.

Last edited:

Chaos

Can someone translate???

UPDATE: We're getting school costumes, a Japanese Twitter user was nice enough to answer me:

View attachment 30737

Also it looks doa6 is gonna give their final dlc and it'll end...

So.........there's going to be another shitty DLC? I'm not surprised LMAO!

This is it? They're gonna go out like this? They should just surprise us by giving almost everything we wanted like a few classic stages from older DOA games, improving performance and Legacy costumes (why the fuck is Hitomi's denim outfit?). This would've been a great way to end DOA6 dlc support but naaaah KT will not tolerate it LOL.

The good news is no more cheesy low-quality hot garbage dlc! :D

Ninoasker

Sad thing is It had many good features/ideas too, It just needed a bit of polishing :|
Yes, the combat system and the DOA Quest thing were good. That's about it lol. And even those were kinda ruined with updates (remember the Sidestep update drama?). When the new features of the game become obsolete after just some updates you know you should just STOP and check what you're doing wrong. DOA Quest hasn't been updated since, practically, the game's release (I think it got some new quests some weeks after the release of the game and that's about it?), the Zack Dollars are such an useless feature that idek why they bothered programming into the game if they weren't gonna use it more (legacy costumes SHOULD'VE been a part of the Zack Dollars purchasable things and not part of the Season Pass), the oh so new shiny Wardrobe thing could've been much better (idk, maybe release ACTUAL ACCESORIES as DLC and not as Season Pass exclusives, or let us mix and match hairstyles with costumes independently of whether we're using the costume the hair belongs to or not)... all of these new features became just useless gimmicks as updates were being released, DOA6 had NOTHING of interest as of lately if you've been playing since release.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD