Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

SaihateDYNAMO

DOA6's graphics can only be described as "one step forward, one step back", as it doesn't feel like the next-gen graphical leap the series deserved. It didn't really go anywhere, and it shows considering there's an equal amount of people who think that the game looks either better or worse than 5. There are some improvements over 5 like the real-time shadows, as shown with the trees in Hidden Garden, the character shadows having hair now, plus improved stage and costume textures across the board (note I didn't say skin or hair), and ever-so-slightly better dress physics.

Meanwhile, 5 to me has a much cleaner and unique UI, better hair physics, more attractive faces (in my opinion at least, because I think Hitomi and Kokoro look BUSTED now), actual sweat and water effects that don't look cheap and/or tacked on, more convincing dirty clothes, somewhat proper lighting, and the overall feeling that the developers cared to make a visually-appealing product - something I don't get from 6 whatsoever.

6 looks gorgeous in some screenshots and anything ranging from plain to atrocious in others... it's not a very consistent look at all. I think they should have taken more risks with DOA6's overall look and style because it's such a sterile-looking game, if that makes any sense. It lacks any of the edge that DOA is known for and it shows from the menus to even some of the font choices. It looks downright lame at times!

Meanwhile on Gamefaqs, on why DOA isn't dead thanks to XVV: "And DOAXVV's if anything massively popular (and probably a LOT closer to Itagaki's spirit for the franchise than the others)."
There you have it, Itagaki's vision for a self-insert gacha game has already been fulfilled. We ALREADY have the ideal DOA game, so there was never any need for 6.
At times I feel like the reason why the GameFAGS and Reddit folks want Itagaki to come back is just so all the girls can have their DD cup sizes and dental floss bikinis back, not becuase the series was literally more cooler and unique when he was the director. I don't think they're aware that the fanservice in the older games was much more tasteful?? Ugh the past couple of years (aka the sexy DLC overload) really did a number on certain parts of the DOA playerbase.

delta

31-dead-or-alive-6-ceasing-development-and-new-dlc-releases-followi.jpg

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2020...releases-following-aprils-version-122-update/

RetroMe91

The only really good things that came from DOA6 were the new characters. I actually really enjoyed NiCo, Tamaki, and Kula. I would have enjoyed Diego more if they had given him more costumes. They were all fun. NiCO was a lot more enjoyable than Mila IMO...

lopedo

KT is responsible for attempting to charge for all of the cosmetic garbage. So yeah, poo on them.

Team Ninja... they made the game. The game was shit. People stopped stopped playing it because it was not satisfying, had no content, held your hand so fucking much it became an auto clicker of mashing RB and a direction. NONE of that has anything to do with KT. Shimbori told me in a diner years ago that some characters are "for show" and aren't meant to be good. Shimbori is from Team Ninja. Shimbori has no sense of balance. That's not KT, that's Team Ninja. Team Ninja has (sometimes) tried and (almost every single time) failed to listen to players, but in the end they have their vision of what we should be playing, and 6 was... a vision from the bottom of a toilet come to life.

Sooo.. sure, be pissed off that your hair color is 3 bucks or whatever (I never gave a shit about playing Barbie with DOA costumes), but if you dislike the game, blame that on Team Ninja, not KT.

Also, just go and play 5. I did last night and earlier today. It was fun. Do I wanna travel and compete in it again? Eh, not really. But when I wanna play DOA, I'll play 5. And besides, the 4 lobbies I found earlier on PS4 were 4 more lobbies than 6 has on it.

E24K Lawson

So support for Dead or Alive 6 is coming to an end? Good riddance, then. Koei Tecmo/Team Ninja might as well give the series back to Itagaki and his fellow coworkers that left with him back in 2008. It says a whole lot when Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate, a game released in 2004, still holds up to this day while paying hella extreme attention to detail and delivering more than enough content to keep you busy. What's sad is how technology wasn't as advanced as it is now, yet DOA6 never contained even a sliver of the detail that DOA3, DOA2U and DOA4 possessed.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Gameplay is what matters most. 6 unfortunately felt like the same fight over and over again on loop.

There is no going back or getting out of the loop. I am starting to think the ultimate revision is highly unlikely because they would have to change soooo much to make anyone happy.

Not to mention the transition from 5 vanilla to 5 ultimate was nothing like this.

Chaos

The only things that live up to my expectations is the bond attacks and the stun system.

Overall, the direction they was aiming was a disappointment. Not to mention this damn game performance is ass.

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
For those who aren't aware, the arcade version (Japan only it seems) is coming out in July.

That's actually pretty big. If that's the case Ultimate is definitely likely to happen. What's with the 2019 bit though?

Seems like the arcade version has been updated before???

Anura

Apparently the arcade version was mentioned in this tweet

3 ア ー ケ ー ド 版 に つ い て 、「 た ま き 」 や 上 記 復 刻 コ ス チ ュ ー ム の 追 加 な ど v1.22 相 当 の ア ッ プ デ ー ト を 2020 年 春 に 予 定 し て お り ま す 。

Yandex's ocr translator in block mode outputs:

3 about the arcade version, such as the addition of "Tamaki" and the above-mentioned recovery costume v1. 22 we are planning to update in the spring of 2020.

So they are adding the latest DLC (Tamaki+revival sets) to arcades in the near future.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
That's actually pretty big. If that's the case Ultimate is definitely likely to happen. What's with the 2019 bit though?

Seems like the arcade version has been updated before???

That is weird...last time I checked, the year was 2020 instead of 2019 :/

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
That is weird...last time I checked, the year was 2020 instead of 2019 :/

It seems like DOA6 has more than 50 locations. I think I heard Cory talk about it a time or two in the draft board, but I didn't write any stories for arcade.

This update has more to do with Tamaki? Can someone shed some light on the arcade version of the game?

All my money pissed down the drain...I'm not even an online player so I didn't even get to use that functionality. $90 Season passes. Feel bad for the folks who bought that. I'm so pissed at this. We got more value way back in 01, 03 and 05 DOAs. This is so messed up. I put too much money in for DOA 5 too.

GIVE IT BACK TO ITAGAKI. He may of been a prick but it seemed the customer was first in his philosophy. I can say the same thing about old-school Japanese devs like Hideki Kamiya. I read an interview when Bayonetta came out saying he didn't plan on having DLC since he wanted the purchaser to have everything they need on the disc when they bought it. Those days are over. So messed up! I didn't even get secret agent catsuits or tag mode.

Then next Ninja Gaiden will suck.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
All my money pissed down the drain...I'm not even an online player so I didn't even get to use that functionality. $90 Season passes. Feel bad for the folks who bought that.
I don't. Because in the end, it was their choice to waste all that money without using their brains. Maybe people will get smart and think wisely next time before buying the crappy DLC that gets put out. Well...if there IS a next time, given this situation (and knowing KT).

Last edited:

E24K Lawson

All my money pissed down the drain...I'm not even an online player so I didn't even get to use that functionality. $90 Season passes. Feel bad for the folks who bought that. I'm so pissed at this. We got more value way back in 01, 03 and 05 DOAs. This is so messed up. I put too much money in for DOA 5 too.

GIVE IT BACK TO ITAGAKI. He may of been a prick but it seemed the customer was first in his philosophy. I can say the same thing about old-school Japanese devs like Hideki Kamiya. I read an interview when Bayonetta came out saying he didn't plan on having DLC since he wanted the purchaser to have everything they need on the disc when they bought it. Those days are over. So messed up! I didn't even get secret agent catsuits or tag mode.

Then next Ninja Gaiden will suck.
Preach, my friend, preach.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I don't. Because in the end, it was their choice to waste all that money without using their brains. Maybe people will get smart and think wisely next time before buying the crappy DLC that gets put out. Well...if there IS a next time, given this situation (and knowing KT).

I think it's a weird transitional period between people that donated practically to Team NINJA. Now with this hair BS and their recent business reports we know for sure they don't need the money. I bought all of the season passes. The money isn't too big of a deal to me, but I primarily bought everything to support Team NINJA.

I don't think this mentality will be as prominent in the future because of what has been done now.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD