Tekken

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I read the Tekken 8 site and it seems like they've already toned down heat and the heat dashes so the overly long combos and stuff from the CNT will now be obsolete, I'm kinda glad I didn't really play around with heat much since the combo videos are basically just archives now xD

Attack reversals and parries are also getting toned down too with what they can stop and what they can't so im guessing they'll make them more specific like how attacks with GI properties in SCVI are aimed at specific attack types. Back dashes and dashes are also easier to do now so im guessing that means they restored the regular back dashes

Kasumi-Phase-X

At 4:50 in Super Ghost Battle Law vs Paul: The tank top Law is wearing will be an easy recreation of Kazuya's Tekken 1 Costume 2 (plus Tekken OVA/The Motion Pictures when he was punching the sandbag before Jun decided to visit him), and recreate Forest Law's Costume from Tekken 3.

Lorenzo Buti

I've made a comparison video on Tekken Ball in Tekken 8 and Beach Volleyball in Dead or Alive Xtreme 3! Let me know what you guys prefer!

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I've made a comparison video on Tekken Ball in Tekken 8 and Beach Volleyball in Dead or Alive Xtreme 3! Let me know what you guys prefer!

I can't really compare since both play different but I would say I prefer Tekken ball better since in DOAX3 you have to also rely on a partner who's AI likely isn't gonna be of much health, plus the stats varying in speed, jump, technique, and power really make some girls struggle far worse than others

Awesmic

Standard Donor

Tekken Ball has aged far worse than I thought. My nostalgia glasses have broken.

Replace that with Beach Spikers: Virtua Beach Volleyball, and you got something interesting.

Lorenzo Buti

I can't really compare since both play different but I would say I prefer Tekken ball better since in DOAX3 you have to also rely on a partner who's AI likely isn't gonna be of much health, plus the stats varying in speed, jump, technique, and power really make some girls struggle far worse than others
I'm not gonna lie, but I personally stick with Beach Volleyball in Dead or Alive Xtreme 3. At least in that game it improves over the previous titles in the entry. The controls are much easier to follow and I'm mostly the best at Spiking the Volleyball. Tekken Ball doesn't even synce in for me.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor

Some of the highlights regarding T8 Dev talk. Like the ghost stuff & some of the practice mode features.

Some of the highlights regarding T8 Dev talk. Like the ghost stuff & some of the practice mode features.
So glad frame data will be free, they definitely took that shade TN gave them with humility xD also like that they actually made Lili's unused Tekken 7 outfit for Tekken 8, my only gripe is the feathered shoulder pieces since that's gonna clip into her hair alot, unless there's gonna be a pinned up hair option. That was definitely probably why it didn't make the Tekken 7 cut. And I like the updated T5 Hakama Asuka has

And it seems like they're bringing back bikinis, so that's definitely gonna make costume modding easier since we now have a good base that has most of their body rendered. XD

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
Ghost AI and +R replay feature, awesome. All I want now are hitbox/hurtbox viewers.

Looking forward to seeing Heihachi's daughter, she's probably going to be the last character reveal.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Kinda disappointed somewhat since I can't tell whether Namco actually remade the costumes from the ground up in Tekken 8 or if they just ported the costumes from Tekken 7, its kinda hard to tell.

I hated Lili's tekken 7 default so I'm hoping they'll reveal her signature white dress soon

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
So glad frame data will be free, they definitely took that shade TN gave them with humility xD

Yeah I remember making a post a while back that they always wanted to make frame data free and that the price was Namco's idea (according to Murray), so social media blamed Harada for it. I'd imagine part of it to making it free was also the backlash like you mentioned with putting a price tag on it.

While Harada dislikes the inclusion of frame data and him being a troll around it, I hear he genuinely did try to include it to well.... his quote, "making people stop asking me for it". I still think it's suspiciously weird that Namco has a say on something as simple as frame data for putting a price on it, but guess that's true (still weird though).

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor

looks like Tekken force from Tekken 8 got leaked. It looks more like a suppression type mode like the Warriors series from Team Ninja more than the traditional tekken force since it seems like they'll send multiple enemies your way and you have to defeat all of them to advance rather than follow a specific path but I could be wrong

Lorenzo Buti

looks like Tekken force from Tekken 8 got leaked. It looks more like a suppression type mode like the Warriors series from Team Ninja more than the traditional tekken force since it seems like they'll send multiple enemies your way and you have to defeat all of them to advance rather than follow a specific path but I could be wrong
Those bastards manage to rip off the Musou/Warriors franchise and yet they could get away with it. I'm not so loyal to Harada how he still doesn't care about DOA but yet takes the idea from it anyways, he's so insistent to the Fighting Game franchise and is a terrible human being.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I'm not so loyal to Harada how he still doesn't care about DOA but yet takes the idea from it anyways

I mean hey, one could say that SENGOKU BASARA (which is also a Musou) from CAPCOM also took from KT's Musou games (this is a cold take but Capcom also did it better). As for Harada, I'm starting to notice that many are taking his Twitter posts too seriously with that whole DOA thing xD. He does like DOA and he genuinely owns a copy of DOA6. @Gill Hustle has a picture playing with Harada DOA6 a while back at an event.

The image does look like a Musou mode which if it is, I did not expect. If the mode is extremely positive, there could be a chance that it can be it's own thing separate thing rather than a mode. Namco hasn't tried any spin-offs in a long while besides the ehhhh Death by Degrees game, which could be a start for a new thing if it ends up well.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Those bastards manage to rip off the Musou/Warriors franchise and yet they could get away with it. I'm not so loyal to Harada how he still doesn't care about DOA but yet takes the idea from it anyways, he's so insistent to the Fighting Game franchise and is a terrible human being.
How is he taking away the idea? Imo, while this mode/story part is similar to the musou series, games take from each other all the time, borrowing concepts and ideas is always happening. I don't think even this is directly copying since Tekken has been doing Tekken force for a long time with the big maps and hordes of enemies fighting you, it's just evolved since Tekken 3 to T8 now since it seems more expansive

I also heard that this could be a story segment rather than a mode since it is Alisa and Lars together and someone said some text in a section shows it could be part of the story

T..J. Bernard

Azucena's movelist. I guess once the beta comes out, I'll have a better understanding on how it comes together.

Plus the presets so far just in case...

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD