Tekken

synce

Tekken 7 will most likely be missing these characters from the T6 roster:

-Wang
-Baek
-Ganryu
-Eddy

These characters were rather unpopular back in T6, though Wang was most popular in TTT2, but still not that widely used. They may just end up being side characters.

The roos may still be in the roster, but need a bit of a buff. We may only see Roger this time around.
Panda and Kuma may still be in the roster occupying the same spot.

In terms of overall gameplay, the roster moveset needs addressing because we found it difficult introducing new players to Tekken while not making them feeling overwhelmed by info. Team Tekken need to avoid repeating the same mistakes they made back T4, T5 vanilla and especially T6 vanilla when balancing the game.

Some of the changes made to the movement system like the 8-way (more like a 4-way actually) walking system are welcome. They could streamline some of the other things in the game too, but not too much.

No way they should drop Eddy for Christie, he was here first... also it's mandatory that every fighting game has an old kung fu master that almost no one uses or cares about.

BTW anyone still playing Revolution? I deleted it earlier this year, wondering if Eliza is still a bitch to unlock or can at least be bought now.

Radiance

You could unlock Eliza in about 2-3 days in Tekken Rush. Revolution was fun without the invincibility crap.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
1959334_570056146432261_1084828224660333079_n.jpg

Kazumi's design is so similar to Eliza's (hair and face), I feel as though this is her replacement. :(

Argentus

1959334_570056146432261_1084828224660333079_n.jpg

Kazumi's design is so similar to Eliza's (hair and face), I feel as though this is her replacement. :(

I hope not.

I hope Eliza doesn't wind up like Kamikirimusi....as in, the only character in the series I want to use is only available in ONE game..

Tekken-Revolution-3.jpg

Kamikirimusi.jpg

synce

Wasn't she just a Nightmare clone? Although yeah I feel your pain. Shura's... um... assets made me learn Cervantes haha

Also @Adon Jun >>>>>>>> Asuka. I'll be damned if she doesn't return for T7

Argentus

Wasn't she just a Nightmare clone? Although yeah I feel your pain. Shura's... um... assets made me learn Cervantes haha

Also @Adon Jun >>>>>>>> Asuka. I'll be damned if she doesn't return for T7
She was, but I loved her so much more than Nightmare.

Plus it was nice to see a weapon actually appropriate to the style. Nightmare swings his sword like a club. kamikirimusi swings....her CLUB like a club!

She was so much more suited to Nightmares style than Nightmare himself, its not even funny.

Although I would a creamed if she could use Astaroths style instead.

synce

Check out Harada's latest PS4 project if you haven't already. It uses the same graphics engine as T7 (UE4)

i8PqPEDpkM7aI.gif

Can't wait to see some T7 footage if it looks as good as this

Also, time to preorder Morpheus.

synce

Here's the special announcement:

http://gematsu.com/2014/09/tekken-7-location-test-announced

Location test just a couple weeks away - Oct 3! The original famitsu article even teases an appearance by Kazumi

There's also rumors of Jun's return, PC version basically confirmed, and Harada said customize mode is much improved... So fucking hyped. If they remove bounds this should be the best Tekken ever. Oh yeah get rid of invincibles too

Last edited:

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
The Main Man's thoughts on Tekken 7. Apparently, Harada announced that there will be twenty characters in the location test coming soon.

RoboJoe

Man, I really want to get into Tekken because I love the colourful cast, but then I remember the oki game and number of matchups I gotta learn and I get discouraged. I guess I'll have to just grind it out once Tekken 7 comes out.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Man, I really want to get into Tekken because I love the colourful cast, but then I remember the oki game and number of matchups I gotta learn and I get discouraged. I guess I'll have to just grind it out once Tekken 7 comes out.
Don't worry. The roster will be much smaller than TTT2s so learning will be much easier :)

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I don't think invincible would be back. They didn't fit well into the game and it wasn't popular.

There is no point in learning mathcups 'till you've actually managed to comfortably move around, do decent combos and not drop inputs.

Depending how T7 is gonna be, you might still have to learn all the basic and advanced subjects relevant to T6 and TTT2.

If the amount of information is discouraging and you want to be good at this game fast, then forget it. Start small and keep going gradually. If you're really determined, then start practicing. Once you're comfortable, find good players to play and keep losing and learning because that's the quickest way of improving your game in general.

If you're lucky, T7 should have less info for your to keep track of, but you should still be prepared to invest time into this.

synce

Man I can't believe I stayed up for a slide haha

iUJCs4Sf7WAb.png

• Named 'Catalina'
  • Playable at the upcoming October location tests.
  • From Latin America.
  • 'Beginner friendly' character.
  • Sassy mouthed talker, will be vocal in-game.
  • Fighting style is Savate.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=898439

Looks like a female Miguel, and I guess TN wasn't the only team inspired by Juri's tongue action... Hyped to see savate in action though

Oh and in case anyone missed the stream there will be another new character playable at the upcoming location test. IIRC Harada said it's someone who will use a totally new mechanic to Tekken

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD