Tekken

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Not sure if anyone saw but they seemed to take some notes from DOA and SF6 since now they're showing character models on the character select screen now:

20230514_142218.jpg

Really like that since I missed when T6 had that for their character select(although the loading was slow) and I think them showing the character model with their CG in the back really gives the game a good presentation, I hope it'll also apply to customized costumes too

They can afford however to have Jun face the screen instead of looking from the side since she kinda looks a bit awkward. She basically has Kasumi's DOA6 character select idle pose so they can also just change her expression

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
No joke that is literally the same style as DOA6's character select screen. Even has the character cards and stuff what the actual fuck?
Tbh I think they mainly got the idea from SC6 since they also use that presentation, but the character art goes away when the model loads up.

Either way tho I'm all for it, Tekken 7 imo relied too much on the CG artworks to mask their lack of good graphics presentation since the character models don't look nearly as good as their CGs do at all xD DOA6 uses the same model in their "CG" cards/renders as they do in game so they are way more honest with their presentation

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I heard similar comparisons to MK9, where the character select screen was said to be in a vertical, but the picture is showing that it's horizontal.
Tbh I think the current display will be good since I like when the roster is in the center and the characters are fully visible at the sides. I hope there will be some interactions or something when they choose a certain match up xD

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
It's not much, but someone took a picture of the title screen. The last time a mainline Tekken entry did something like this was T4/T5.

Hopefully it's not final since I feel they can have something more impacting, I also can't wait for the game opening if they make one. I think instead of the story mode clips tho, they should do what they did in previous games and make a CG opening again, I loved those xD

UpSideDownGRUNT

Let's all remind ourselves that this game is still most likely 10-12 months away from now. So everything in these screens could change from now until release
iirc Tekken 7 had multiple character select and menu styles before the console version came out chances are this will change a some point too.

BTW I realise my previous post makes it seem like I'm mad/saying Tekken 8 is copying DOA and that isn't my intention I was just pointing out that it looks very similar and is in the same style and while true SC6 has also a similar style character select it also looks very different from this.

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
Hey if they want to steal the menus and UI from DOA6, I'm all for it. One of the best things about DOA6 is how clean the lobbies look. Straight to the point, none of this battle hub SF6 junk.

I'm crossing my fingers on instant rematching though. That would be the best QoL upgrade for me.

TheHunterKiller692

One of the best things about DOA6 is how clean the lobbies look. Straight to the point, none of this "Battle Hub" junk.
True. I don't remember anyone telling me they missed the DOA 4 lobby system in later DOA games. Certainly NO ONE brought up the HQ lobbies for COD since WWII came out.

I also can't wait for a CG opening again.
Like this?

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Happy to hear that, that means they can focus on the roster core characters instead of guests since T7 had damn near 4 characters from different games/shows, and funny enough none of them gave them that same energy back besides KOF but that was their mobile game xD

If they're going to add guests, I just say they wait to add them till like maybe a few months or so after release as DLC. It's one thing to add a guest and it's another to add a guest who basically overshadows the roster like Akuma and Geese did(Noctis and Negan I can give a pass since they weren't too much). They have to remember, this is Tekken 8, not Tekken 8 Mugen xD

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD