Texture Editing (PC)

Pupi18

gXps6.png

I got the hair working without the weird thingy. I just use PNG files instead of DDS

Edit: Somehow I'm enjoying pink haired Tina and Kokoro's red outfit.

i5VH5yLiuK7oz.png

Last edited:

ChrisArmoun

gXps6.png

I got the hair working without the weird thingy. I just use PNG files instead of DDS

Edit: Somehow I'm enjoying pink haired Tina and Kokoro's red outfit.

i5VH5yLiuK7oz.png
This! If only I could get uMod to actually detect my game. It's being a pita atm. I've tried 2 different versions of it with no luck

Pupi18

This! If only I could get uMod to actually detect my game. It's being a pita atm. I've tried 2 different versions of it with no luck
Keep in mind I'm using uMod V.2 alpha (r.53)
1-Start game with uMod (Make sure Global Hook is selected too and make sure the game is set for windowed mode since its easier to go back and forth with the program and the game)

(When the game starts the upper left of the program should have the tab that says game which is the one you are going to edit so make sure its selected even it it should automatically be on it.)
gXz26.png

2-Now that the game is open go back to the program and map the keys to go forward, backward and capture the textures you want. Follow the settings here and it should be easy.
gXxLn.png

(I personally use / for back * for save and - for Next)

OPTIONAL: Set your save directory to something else other than texture.

3- Right Click on the white box under what says title and click Update (Reload)
gXyhT.png

4-Go to the character select screen and load the character you want to rip the textures from and pick the pieces you want as the game will highlight what you're getting using the keys you selected to go back and forth and saving. (You will see the textures on the upper left corner and message of what you are getting.

5- Open the PNG on Photoshop or Gimp and edit the colors to your liking and save the PNG. Save the PNG without changing the name so it overwrites the texture. (Make a backup of the original texture if you want in another folder)

6- Drag and drop on the white box. Make sure A is selected if you want every texture you edit to load.
gXyK6.png

7- Right click on the white box again and press Update (Reload)

8- Back to the game and and check your results.

Last edited:

The Enforcer

If all her textures are listed identically to Kasumi's, theoretically you could just take all Kasumi's texture files and replace Alpha's with them.

Just to save people some time... Alpha will not be an easy mod. She only has one texture to govern everything...

Her colors are controlled by additional properties and not the texture. Until container & engine properties are discovered it will be a futile effort. That is also why she has received little or no DLC. All costumes of a specific type are in one container, unlike all other characters having a unique container per costume.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Same version. Looks like I got it working. Either it was the fact that I hadn't copied over the provided dx9 dll or maybe I was doing the order wrong of opening uMod then the game... what ev at this point. Thanks. :)

Did a test, naturally I took care of one of the most important issues, XD For this to be a proper mod though, the hair really needs to be overwritten for an individual hair style like the hat one and not the default.

View attachment 9518

Progress is being made... I just wish I could get some help placing things better and have to take care of the normal map.

Edit: Nevermind, this wiki article tutorial helped me out with easily using Gimp to auto-generate a normal map. Now I just need to find the low-poly version to correct it and it'd be done. Plus edit the texture to have Bass' name on it. @UncleKitchener

View attachment 9520 View attachment 9521 View attachment 9522

Well, this is my favorite thread in this entire site now. Ever.

I'd like to suggest @Gultigargar for this thread since he's the solitary modding champ for DOA3 right now.

Once I actually get the game on steam I'll see what I can contribute in terms of tools if I even manage to get it.

Chapstick

Just to save people some time... Alpha will not be an easy mod. She only has one texture to govern everything...

Her colors are controlled by additional properties and not the texture. Until container & engine properties are discovered it will be a futile effort. That is also why she has received little or no DLC. All costumes of a specific type are in one container, unlike all other characters having a unique container per costume.
Well nvm

Are her particle effect textures accessible at least?

The Enforcer

Nope, not at all. Never really was active on DOA Central. Its just great to see a good deal of people interested in DOA modding again, something I have not seen since back in the Ninjahacker days.
You missed part of the boat since there was still been plenty of console mod activity, no one really wanted to take on the difficult part. NH days were strictly console back then too.

Well, this is my favorite thread in this entire site now. Ever.

Once I actually get the game on steam I'll see what I can contribute in terms of tools if I even manage to get it.

Nice, do you have some app/util experience?

Well nvm

Are her particle effect textures accessible at least?

Presently, not that I'm aware of. Not saying she'll be impossible, but it'll probably require a lot more community efforts than what went into console mods.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD