Texture Editing (PC)

Icarus

I think thats the wrong one. My display picture is different. my skype name is noobsaibots and display name is Gary

IDK

What to expect from me -

latest

latest

latest

latest

bradwong-d3.jpg

latest

latest
(Nuclear symbol. The one in game has a heart, and it's animated, so this one I can't promise on.)

latest

latest

latest

latest
(I might make the goatee on this one green, for I don't know if it uses the same face for all his outfits. It doesn't use the same face for some other characters' outfits.)

Last edited:

ChrisArmoun

@chrisarmoun01 @Catechrism What kind of texture operations do you guys use when upscaling textures. I'm not much of a texture artist, so beyond increasing dimensions, how do you go about sharpening some of the bluriness
@Mr. Wah so far I only have been able to remove all of them by deleting the uMod config file. I don't see another option.

I start with a general increase of the dimensions. Afterward I look over the texture for any areas that are washing out. I like to use the sharpening brush in those areas where it makes sense, to give me a good ground work. If I'm still not happy, then I'll do some hand texturing (takes a while so it's not my preference) or blend multiple textures together from my library. I have tons of HQ textures from designing my own characters in other programs (my avatar is one of them).

I LOVE the eyebrows. Makes her face seem so much prettier, fresher and natural. Good job! ^__^b
Eyes and eyebrows always draw my attention so it's an area I pay close attention to. Eyebrows have a lot of character and are often treated as an afterthought. The shape or thickness of an eyebrow can drastically affect a characters visual personality.

31gma

So are these mods being made from uMod or the Xentax modding tool? Not sure if Xentax is even completed yet.

herr_Fuchs

I think thats the wrong one. My display picture is different. my skype name is noobsaibots and display name is Gary
lol i never expected that ur userpic is actually ryu with a sunglasses xD
Since u guys once talk about ryu i thought "waidaaminute...haha"

2.jpg

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/21oilz1b5wd1d,clrb9sk1kiiol/shared
Brad Wong -real drunken Master (this sdkfjhsdfsdf design took to long)
Ein red gi (I just want to see white standard Gis this dude is a ninja)
4.jpg 3.jpg 1.jpg
also this gentleman is W.I.P !
7.jpg

The problem with this new DLC`s : Every Charackter needs an outfit that suits to his story and Background .Im personally not interested in ninja outfits and when im going on .....im fine with my mods......4 now O_O

The Enforcer

I start with a general increase of the dimensions. Afterward I look over the texture for any areas that are washing out. I like to use the sharpening brush in those areas where it makes sense, to give me a good ground work. If I'm still not happy, then I'll do some hand texturing (takes a while so it's not my preference) or blend multiple textures together from my library. I have tons of HQ textures from designing my own characters in other programs (my avatar is one of them).

Thanks, I wasn't sure how much art magic was involved. I didn't think resizing alone would be enough either. I'll have to find a decent costume to practice on.

--

I thought that Crow mod was Sting at first, lol.

synce

AJ wishes she had that body :p I kinda wanna do Tina as Paige now, but ugh no hair extensions yet

Tina2040_

Because I'm too lost with outfits... I've decided that it would be simpler just to focus on recreating the classic ones.

Would do Lei Fang's, but don't have her dress texture. But I'll see which other classics I can come up with.

*This is the DoA2 version; not DoA3 & 4 with the white. Might do that as well, but I prefer the original. Hate Helena's new hairtie.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/cqb10h

classic.jpg

Icarus

Because I'm too lost with outfits... I've decided that it would be simpler just to focus on recreating the classic ones.

Would do Lei Fang's, but don't have her dress texture. But I'll see which other classics I can come up with.

*This is the DoA2 version; not DoA3 & 4 with the white. Might do that as well, but I prefer the original. Hate Helena's new hairtie.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/cqb10h

View attachment 9916

Well I guess I can take her off of my list...

Tina2040_

You're right, I just noticed.

Yeah... didn't really want to steal your thunder so I kept away from the updated version.

DOA3 CHRISTIE: Really simple recolor, but closer to the original. Need to add shine though? Something to do with bitmaps perhaps? The original seems to be made out of latex while the revised one seems to be made out of fabric.. also slight dark teal colour in the original.

DOA3 AYANE: Yellow ribbon instead of orange

Yay DOA3 :)
Screenshot6425.jpg
Screenshot6203.jpg
Screenshot4174.png

Last edited:

synce

Yeah... didn't really want to steal your thunder so I kept away from the updated version.

DOA3 CHRISTIE: Really simple recolor, but closer to the original. Need to add shine though? Something to do with bitmaps perhaps? The original seems to be made out of latex while the revised one seems to be made out of fabric.. also slight dark teal colour in the original.

DOA3 AYANE: Yellow ribbon instead of orange

Yay DOA3 :)View attachment 9917 View attachment 9918 View attachment 9919

Great job but something's off with the last image... Oh I know it's those goofy colors they added to the Chinese cliffs. I think I'll DOA3ify that stage after I'm done with the forest, unless anyone else wants to do it sooner.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD