Texture Editing (PC)

Leopold

Like someone stated here early, as long as these mods doesn't affect the online or gameplay of the game itself is fine. That means no modification on frames or boxes. After all, I'm sure most of us here are for the technical play.

synce

Hey guys,

New user here but not new to the DoA community. Anyways, just started to work on a Smackdown! mod for the Fighting Entertainment stage. It's very WIP. Future plans are to replace the crowd signs with ones from WWE2k15. I would change all the lights, however it gets laggy as is and when modified some of the textures tend to crash the game. (I'm afraid to remove the fire also - lol)

2lwtc1d.jpg

9hlvuh.jpg

538ew0.jpg

2rf34gl.jpg

PS: Can someone please post a tutorial on how to make textures transparent. Is this possible using .png? Thanks!

PSS: Is there anyway to inject custom textures directly rather than having to UMod all the time? I remember way back TombRipper would allow users to inject .dds into Tomb Raider Legend?

This is awesome, I'd love to see more altered stages

Seppu

Hey guys,

New user here but not new to the DoA community. Anyways, just started to work on a Smackdown! mod for the Fighting Entertainment stage. It's very WIP. Future plans are to replace the crowd signs with ones from WWE2k15. I would change all the lights, however it gets laggy as is and when modified some of the textures tend to crash the game. (I'm afraid to remove the fire also - lol)

2lwtc1d.jpg

9hlvuh.jpg

538ew0.jpg

2rf34gl.jpg

PS: Can someone please post a tutorial on how to make textures transparent. Is this possible using .png? Thanks!

PSS: Is there anyway to inject custom textures directly rather than having to UMod all the time? I remember way back TombRipper would allow users to inject .dds into Tomb Raider Legend?
this looks great so far, especially the much improved floor texture

if you wanted to change the signs, i included their files in the avatar thread here and left the original file names so they would be easy to replace if needed

Tina2040_

this looks great so far, especially the much improved floor texture

if you wanted to change the signs, i included their files in the avatar thread here and left the original file names so they would be easy to replace if needed

Thanks Seppu! All I did for the floor texture was get rid of the DWA logo lmao... I think the rest has to do with the lighting.

I want to continue this further, but it seems if I modify too many textures the stage crashes uMod?

** And don't suppose you guys would know how to make textures transparent via .png?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Wow this is surprisingly quick and easy to do :)

View attachment 9740

Very classy and what I would have expected from you. ;)

In general, how about really improving the game visuals, as everyone claimed, they would do, once they got hands on the PC version? So far 99% of what I saw made the game look worse, much worse. If I were Team Ninja/a designer of Team Ninja, I would be annoyed, probably even angry too.

This...

1fusuf.jpg

...does in no way improve the look of the stage. A painted white brick wall perfectly fit the look of a reused warehouse somewhere in NY. How does this low resolution, heavily blown up darker brick wall look better?

Last edited:

Baal bal

I went into that XeNTaX website and the majority of posts are talking about DLC stuff. What do they mean by that? Did they find a way to unlock all of it or is a way to create content into a new DLC slot?
This thread will note help if you don't have the basics ^^
Yeah, to mod consoles we used DLC so as to inject our outfits in the game. If we can extract models and re-inject them as "DLC", it's a win for us.

Killer Azteca

This thread will note help if you don't have the basics ^^
Yeah, to mod consoles we used DLC so as to inject our outfits in the game. If we can extract models and re-inject them as "DLC", it's a win for us.

Thanks man. Yeah, I don't know much about injecting mods into my game much less creating one. All I want is for modders to crate content to this awesome game. How far are you guys to completely open this game up?

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Some cool stuff in here but take it easy with the mods. Some clearly objectionable content was removed and a small warning handed out. @synce that Alma mod was cool but try not to show it with something that will definitely offend people.

synce

My bad I guess that was kind of offensive, but there's just so much sexploitation in DOA already. Anyway if anyone knows of a way to avoid freezes when reloading textures please let me know. I'm taking a break until that's figured out

Godwin

Thanks for the tutorial, but for some reason when I drag a file to Umod, it gives the following error:

>> Could not find hash, maybe file is not named as *_HASH.dds <<

(of course adding that to the filename didn't help)

I am using GIMP to edit, and exporting the files to .dds directly.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

Kronin

@Godwin
You are doing my same mistake when I attempted to use a mod for the first time: the dds files have to be added (through a simple drag and drop) from the folder to the blank area of the uMod window called "game":

Untitled.jpg

Very likely for getting that message error you are trying to drag and drop them in the first section called "uMod".

Did you get the "game" screen? If not, this means that you haven't associated the exe of DoA5LR to the uMod software.

Last edited:

dud.dull

Standard Donor
Has anyone found the particle effect textures for explosions yet? I know they're not gonna be like the PS4/Xbone explosions, but it'd be nice to make them a little prettier.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD