Texture Editing (PC)

GamingDamned

All I can say is Steam discussion has no evidence of fact yet. The video had a topless mod end of story. Until there's proof that safe mods are pulled or Team Ninja says there's a problem, I wouldn't panic. Steam threads are saturated with juveniles who haven't yet learned how to keep their emotions in check.
No they going after none nude mods aswell my friend uploaded a video and it was non nude.

GamingDamned

I'm still skeptical until hear something official.

Also... Donations for mods? Really? I'm fairly sure that's not going to fly if higher ups catch wind of that.
These textures are made 100% scratch i'm a 3D Level Designer also a Texture Artist. I believe people should donate if they choose. I always donate when i see someone doing something great. it's good to see people in a community helping mod creators. I don't charge for my mods. The company rather release higher priced DLC for such high price. I don't ask for anything in return just for people to support if they choose. You should think about the hard work that was put into this. And all the hours working on it.

The Enforcer

These textures are made 100% scratch i'm a 3D Level Designer also a Texture Artist. I believe people should donate if they choose. i always donate when i see someone doing something great. it's good to see people in a community helping mod creators. I don't charge for my mods. The company rather release higher priced DLC for such high price. I don't ask for anything in return just for people to support if they choose. You should think about the hard work that was put into this. And all the hours working on it.

I'm not debating effort that goes into modding, I'm fully aware of how much time one can spend. You have to consider how the company will perceive it. Even if you made the textures, everything else in the game is still intellectual property that belongs to Team Ninja / Koei Tecmo. Right now if it's just textures it may be over looked if that's all that is included in a file, but once actual 'mods' start popping up, no one can use say the content is wholly belongs to the modder.

If someone wants to work with someone else's IP that's on them to do so as a hobby, once profit comes into play, it becomes problematic, and personally I don't want TN going ape because people are abusing certain freedoms. Also if someone wants to make money for gaming work then it should be under a contract or their own IP.

GamingDamned

I'm not debating effort that goes into modding, I'm fully aware of how much time one can spend. You have to consider how the company will perceive it. Even if you made the textures, everything else in the game is still intellectual property that belongs to Team Ninja / Koei Tecmo. Right now if it's just textures it may be over looked if that's all that is included in a file, but once actual 'mods' start popping up, no one can use say the content is wholly belongs to the modder.

If someone wants to work with someone else's IP that's on them to do so as a hobby, once profit comes into play, it becomes problematic, and personally I don't want TN going ape because people are abusing certain freedoms. Also if someone wants to make money for gaming work then it should be under a contract or their own IP.
Well it wasn't the donation thing that got the video shut down. They wrote what it was on the claim form they sent me. It was doing a mod in general they don't want mods made for the game. But i say fuck them they fucked us over on this port. They didn't even try on it. Straight PS3 port and that's all. They want to force others into high DLC. I have no hate towards DLC but over charging is absurd. Over the years i never seen a selfish company like this before. I will keep uploading video's. I already filed a counter and i should win it. If not i will get a law official to help this matter if happens again.

Also this the proof my friend uploaded a non nude video. It was a GTA 4 Player Mod. And he's a well known youtuber.
11012185_1560479637549820_2541606550518724412_o.jpg

The Enforcer

That's different situation entirely, in that TK still has grounds for pulling. It's using their assets in another game. It's legit for them to pull that. It's just that most developers don't bother... other than Nintendo... TN has plenty of damage control their hoping to do right now, so if a video so much as has a screen cap they don't like, they technically still have the right to ask YouTube to pull something.

If you intend to fight tooth and nail over youtube videos, you'd better have a lot of money in the bank to waste on legal fees for something that really isn't worth the trouble.... Good Luck :)

Brute

Standard Donor
TN has plenty of damage control their hoping to do right now
Too bad most of it is their own fault. Right now the only thing that might save a bit of face on their laughable PC release is user-created content, because it sure as hell isn't their online features, reasonable DLC prices, current-gen features or bug-testing.

But in the mean time I guess horrible balancing and attacking inevitable user mods is a better use of resources than realizing all this and adjusting accordingly.

Killer Azteca

That's different situation entirely, in that TK still has grounds for pulling. It's using their assets in another game. It's legit for them to pull that. It's just that most developers don't bother... other than Nintendo... TN has plenty of damage control their hoping to do right now, so if a video so much as has a screen cap they don't like, they technically still have the right to ask YouTube to pull something.

If you intend to fight tooth and nail over youtube videos, you'd better have a lot of money in the bank to waste on legal fees for something that really isn't worth the trouble.... Good Luck :)

Dude, just chill and let modders do their work. Is up to us (the community) if we want to donate or not. You are bringing something obvious about TN intellectual property but to tell you the truth modders knew about this first hand. This is not breaking news dude. Let modders do what they do best.

And to you GamingDamned, thanks for all those awesome mods. Although I am a noob and haven't figure it out how to install them I still support modders sticking it to lazy developers.

31gma

The bottom line is, mod responsibly. I doubt they'll try to send banhammers across the interwebs (forums and subreddit pages) unless they want to lose more money over frivolous lawsuits. I hope one day that modding this game will go beyond textures and that the sales over their core game will prove to be more profitable than putting development costs on DLC costumes.

GamingDamned

Dude, just chill and let modders do their work. Is up to us (the community) if we want to donate or not. You are bringing something obvious about TN intellectual property but to tell you the truth modders knew about this first hand. This is not breaking news dude. Let modders do what they do best.

And to you GamingDamned, thanks for all those awesome mods. Although I am a noob and haven't figure it out how to install them I still support modders sticking it to lazy developers.
UMod is what you need to install these mods.

Also this game has alot of baked shadows when tools come out we need to make these models use real shadows. It looks so bad. And they low res. This game can look much better once this happens.

Last edited:

Tina2040_

Hey guys,

New user here but not new to the DoA community. Anyways, just started to work on a Smackdown! mod for the Fighting Entertainment stage. It's very WIP. Future plans are to replace the crowd signs with ones from WWE2k15. I would change all the lights, however it gets laggy as is and when modified some of the textures tend to crash the game. (I'm afraid to remove the fire also - lol)

2lwtc1d.jpg

9hlvuh.jpg

538ew0.jpg

2rf34gl.jpg

PS: Can someone please post a tutorial on how to make textures transparent. Is this possible using .png? Thanks!

PSS: Is there anyway to inject custom textures directly rather than having to UMod all the time? I remember way back TombRipper would allow users to inject .dds into Tomb Raider Legend?

These textures are made 100% scratch i'm a 3D Level Designer also a Texture Artist. I believe people should donate if they choose. I always donate when i see someone doing something great. it's good to see people in a community helping mod creators. I don't charge for my mods. The company rather release higher priced DLC for such high price. I don't ask for anything in return just for people to support if they choose. You should think about the hard work that was put into this. And all the hours working on it.
Haha are you serious? If people like playing the game they should go buy DLC and support the devs. No one with a high skill level wants a cent from mods. If you have someone moaning about DLC prices and soliciting donations it's ridiculous.

Brute

Standard Donor
Alright, enough. I think I've seen this circle repeated enough times to get the gist from both sides.

Back on topic.

Chapstick

Curious if someone could do Bayman's chest without the scar. I wonder how similar his and Leon's chest textures are, might be able to line his up over Bayman's and erase around everything but the scar and adjust the skin color if needed.

Storm

Tina2040_

Curious if someone could do Bayman's chest without the scar. I wonder how similar his and Leon's chest textures are, might be able to line his up over Bayman's and erase around everything but the scar and adjust the skin color if needed.

I did a 2 minute job in photoshop.. cannot test fully though as that costume is locked for me. Seems as though the scar is a mesh though? You can try it yourself :)
hvrrjm.jpg

(Costume 6)
https://www.sendspace.com/file/n10tfj

GamingDamned

UMod is what you need to install these mods.
I think your reskin is incredible, I can only hope you tackle that ugly low res mess that is Streets or Home next ^^
Plans are to leave the complex one's like that last and do others that can be finished in couple days. Those levels are usually way more textures than the last. The Forest level for example is about 40 textures to make compared to Zack Island which was 16 textures to make. Others levels will go more than forest. The next after the forest is the mountain 1 when grassy area. After that not sure i have to pick something. I don't have much time to do all levels within a month i got other projects to work on.

Storm

Hey guys,

New user here but not new to the DoA community. Anyways, just started to work on a Smackdown! mod for the Fighting Entertainment stage. It's very WIP. Future plans are to replace the crowd signs with ones from WWE2k15. I would change all the lights, however it gets laggy as is and when modified some of the textures tend to crash the game. (I'm afraid to remove the fire also - lol)

2lwtc1d.jpg

9hlvuh.jpg

538ew0.jpg

2rf34gl.jpg

PS: Can someone please post a tutorial on how to make textures transparent. Is this possible using .png? Thanks!

PSS: Is there anyway to inject custom textures directly rather than having to UMod all the time? I remember way back TombRipper would allow users to inject .dds into Tomb Raider Legend?

This and now Sweat? You are doing great work, can't wait to see how you redo the actual ring canvas. I always hated that bluegreen.. :3

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD