The Akira Thread

Goro Hazuki

LOL it's a move not meant for pad. I know your pain. Akira was built with an arcade stick in mind. Once you get the timing on stick, you should get the just frame knee right every time.

ChrisArmoun

I knew immediately it wasn't made for us pad users lol. I had some serious "WTF!!" moments trying to pull it off. Unfortunately I don't have much experience on stick so I basically had to cast that move to the wayside. It does not exist to me

Zeo

How much of an advantage does that knee yield? What are the frames on the knee and when is it effective to use it?

Goro Hazuki

The frames are about similar to the regular knee, but it gives you good advantage when blocked, it's an excellent launcher, and it's a good combo finisher.

Goro Hazuki

LOL..it's slightly easier. The inputs in DOA are still strict, but they're accurate, so it seems easier. It's still one frame for :F: though...rest assured ;)

Also, I love your avatar Matsu.

matsu

Hehe thanks ,i find it quite appropriate for a Gen-fu player and for this new "toned down sex appeal DOA":rolleyes:.His martial art is supposed to be too dangerous but we all know why he attempts tourney....

edit: sorry offtopic
ontopic: watch out for akira/kokoro SPOD :cool:

Goro Hazuki

Master Roshi is relevant in all conversations!

And yeah, Akira/Kokoro in tag would be so fun. SPoD all around!

wali

How much of an advantage does that knee yield? What are the frames on the knee and when is it effective to use it?
the knee is come out in 17 frame with crush properties so at good advantage it very good against aggressive players .

Goro Hazuki

Ok, I'm seeing a lot of talk in this forum (in ohter threads as well) about Akira's just frame knee. Some members are comfortable with it, but for those who are struggling to pull it off, here are some tips (arcade stick only...sorry):

- I will refer to the just frame knee as (:F:):+::K: from here on
- Use whatever two finger you are comfortable with to execute the :F+K: (I use my index and ring finger)
- Do not hit the buttons hard. It will not work this way. The gentler you are, the better.

Technique one:
- Put the finger that will hit :F: at the edge of the button and the :K: finger normally over K
- lightly touch both and slide your hand upwards. (if you want to move your whole arm at first to practice, that may help)

Technique two:
-press both but act as if :F: is a really hot surface
-immediately release :F: and maintain pressing :K: normally

For practice:

New to the knee?
Get in training mode and try to pull it off. When you pull it off, it will make sense and the feel will begin coming to you.

Getting the feel?
Try doing a few in a row

Getting a few in a row?
Throw yourself off with this combo exercise:
(:F:):+::K:, :P:, (:F:):+::K:
Keep doing this until it feels like second nature

Getting the combo right everytime?
Do this combo next:
(:F:):+::K:,:P:,(:F:):+::K:,:3::F+K::P::P+K:*
This helps you get over the feeling of...oh it worked, and I wasn't ready to connect after it.

Finally:

Work it into a lot of your strings until it feels natural. And try to mess with it in your matches. It's easy to get it in training mode. Put your new skills to the test on the playing field.

I hope this helps :)

*For VF5FS players, do this combo instead:
(:F:):+::K:,:P:,(:F:):+::K:,:2::F+K::P::P: (it just connects better)

wali

i use pad and this my trick i assign :F+K: to the X button(ps3) and :K: to the O button then i slide my thumb from X to O as lighting fast and it come out .

wali

Master Roshi is relevant in all conversations!

And yeah, Akira/Kokoro in tag would be so fun. SPoD all around!
kokoro can do SPOD too?
Goro can you list all of akira move in doa with their change it well be good to know every move before the game come out.

Goro Hazuki

Hey Wali, I'm gonna edit the 1st post with general Akira info and his entire movelist when the game is released. But for now, I'm more than happy to list the differences in inputs from VF5fs and DOA5; He is essentially the same otherwise.

- Houtei (and Chouda Chouchu) is now done :3::6::P: (and :3::6::P::P:)
- Byakko Soushouda is :3::4::6::P:
- Souto (:P+K: in VF5FS) is now :4::P+K:
- Teirou Kanpo starts the same :6::6::P+K:,:F+P: but now you just need to hit :F: to do the step back
- Maho Shoukou is now :3::3::P+K:
- Gekiho Honko is :2::P+K:
- Geimon Tessen is :214::P+K:
- Houken is :P+K: (the rest of the Soushou is done the same as VF)
- Kaimon Soushu is now :236::P+K: (the rest of Jirou Tanzan is done the same as VF)
- Tsutenhou (deflect) is now :9::F:
- And finally, all his counters (i.e. :4::P+K:) have been shifted to the DOA system (i.e.:7::F:)

Goro Hazuki

Second hit is still :4::3::P+K:..but yeah, that's how it's done.

Also I forgot to put his new stuff:
- :6::6::P+K: is also his critical burtst
- :1::P+K: (hold for power blow)

Chaos

i use pad and this my trick i assign :F+K: to the X button(ps3) and :K: to the O button then i slide my thumb from X to O as lighting fast and it come out .
That remines me of about Tekken, it has those type of inputs too.

Goro Hazuki

where i can found fundamental of this game ? this game gonna be my first doa

I think it's safe to assume you are an avid VF player, so the system is going to be quickly recognizable for you. You can find a lot of info in the general DOA discussion. However, I'll pm you a link to my friend's tutorial. It should have all the info you'e looking for. (I'll also respond to your pm to me :) )

Back to Akira, I know I'm sounding like a broken record with his just frame knee, but I cannot stress how effective it is in DOA. Even more so than VF. You can easily get a threshold launch with it (just on counter!), and your opponent flies so high, you literally have to wait for them to float up and then down before you connect with your juggle.

So let's say you catch the opponent in the middle of his/her attack (counter hit):
(:F:):+::K:, wait, :P:, (:F:):+::K:, :P:, :3::F+K::P::4::6::6::P+K:

Also, I'm delighted to say that after some testing, you can connect :3::F+K::P::4::6::6::P+K: after :6::4::F+P:. Just don't hesitate on doing the move or you won't catch your opponent.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD