The Art of Tenjimon: Kasumi's Combos/Juggles

Murakame

so anther newbie question I didn't think you could throw a stunned opponent.

You can't. You can throw a opponent that is holding. And people usually hold when they are stunned because most times they will be taking a combo if they don't try to hold. Are you saying you have never had your CB attempts be held before lol? Regardless anytime you stun somebody you can stop to see if they hold at any point during the stun then punish with a throw. 236T or 33T for High/Mid holds and 1T for low holds. If you don't have any of her 1T juggles down then 2T a low hold. IMO for the most part you should go for a unholdable stun most of the time when playing as Kasumi and attempt to CB occasionally. You should only try to bait and punish holds if you know your opponent will be trying to hold.

If you have any more questions you should probably ask them in the Kasumi gameplay thread. Most of what we're discussing has little to do with combos.

Saber

I wonder if anyone found out this shit, but it's another Kasumi guaranteed combo (tested out with SE at fastest, COM Reaction as Guard All, and found out by trial and error). So basically, it goes like this:

:h::+::K: >>
<< :9::K:
<< :6::6::P:, :6_::P::K:
(not to be used near a wall)

And it gives you an extremely high ground-bounce, so you can then follow up with whatever juggle you feel like. H+K gives you a trip stun, which puts the opponent at a back-turned status, meaning you can't hold the following attack, and it offers a higher damage (and more juggle opportunity) than using 6K after using H+K.

Post-launch, I usually follow up with:
:K::K::7::K:, :6::P::+::K::~::h::~::P::P::6_::P::K: (:K:)
Since it's a (pseudo) force tech, no wake-up kicks (though Kasumi can already avoid it with her 7P option).

Oh, and it only works on Light and Mid weights

Saber

*reads through thread*
Haha, turns out Murakame figured it out first.:bradwong:

Anyway, there was a combo that only worked on mid-weights and not lightweights due to the juggle-spacing. IIRC, it was:
(post CB), :3::3::K:, :3::3::P:, (BT):2::P:, :4::P::K::K:

You can actually replace :3::3::K: with :3::3::P:, (BT) :2::P:, thus having 3 re-launchers before chaining into the combo ender. So basically, it should look like this:
:6::6::K::K:, :4::h::+::K:, :6::P::+::K:, :3::3::P:, (BT):2::P:, :3::3::P:, (BT):2::P:, :4::P::K::K:

Just something to help with mixing up your juggles from time to time, nothing too important. I actually hate repeating the same juggle over and over again. Bleh.

Murakame

:6::6::K::K:, :4::h::+::K:, :6::P::+::K:, :3::3::P:, (BT):2::P:, :3::3::P:, (BT):2::P:, :4::P::K::K:

Just something to help with mixing up your juggles from time to time, nothing too important. I actually hate repeating the same juggle over and over again. Bleh.

That doesn't connect. Neither does the other combo you posted. using PP6P2K as the ender however is a psedo force tech on lightweights. Even if they take it though its +20 but Kasumi is too far away to follow with anything of significance.

Allan Paris

I wonder if anyone found out this shit, but it's another Kasumi guaranteed combo (tested out with SE at fastest, COM Reaction as Guard All, and found out by trial and error). So basically, it goes like this:

:h::+::K: >>
<< :9::K:
<< :6::6::P:, :6_::P::K:
(not to be used near a wall)

And it gives you an extremely high ground-bounce, so you can then follow up with whatever juggle you feel like. H+K gives you a trip stun, which puts the opponent at a back-turned status, meaning you can't hold the following attack, and it offers a higher damage (and more juggle opportunity) than using 6K after using H+K.

Post-launch, I usually follow up with:
:K::K::7::K:, :6::P::+::K::~::h::~::P::P::6_::P::K: (:K:)
Since it's a (pseudo) force tech, no wake-up kicks (though Kasumi can already avoid it with her 7P option).

Oh, and it only works on Light and Mid weights

Yeah, I figured this out a little less than a month after the game was release. People started picking up on it after seeing me doing it. The follow up juggle that you use to follow up with (post launch) after H+K will only work if the opponent does not SE and even if they didn't SE that juggle will whiff depending on your footing after landing H+K. I am sure you have found that out already.

That is also a Stagger Stun and not a Trip Stun.

Good to have you here kicking the knowledge you have. I am usually on the 360 but until it gets patched I am on the PS3. Hopefully I can come across you one of these days before the 360 gets the patch. If you are in Malaysia we are going to lag like hell, lol but it's online so fuck it.

Saber

That doesn't connect. Neither does the other combo you posted. using PP6P2K as the ender however is a psedo force tech on lightweights. Even if they take it though its +20 but Kasumi is too far away to follow with anything of significance.
Really? Works fine for me.

And for the other juggle, it works for me too. Didn't record it since my hands were too tired at the moment, but I'll keep that in mind. And @Allan Paris, well, this is my first DoA game and my first fighting game), so I'm probably scrub level at best. Trying to get improve my game though, haha. And yeah, halfway across the world with almost zero DoA scene sucks. I play with CPU 95% of the time, and my online play is very occasional since I use my phone's Wi-Fi sharing.

Murakame

And for the other juggle, it works for me too. Didn't record it since my hands were too tired at the moment, but I'll keep that in mind.

I must have been doing something wrong earlier but I got the first one to hit so my bad. For the second one Allan explained the issue I was having earlier with the 9K as a followup to H+K. I tried the 66P, 4PK launch just now and it connects but I don't see how it's a pseudo. Maybe you can explain the term to me. I always thought a pseudo force tech left you at advantage whether they teched or not. The juggle you gave gives Kasumi frame advantage on hit but if they tech they can strike before she does. At least the cpu in training mode can.

ErickBello

The CPU is ridiculously mighty it just holds you in the middle of nowhere.
Oh I have a few questions on that combo by the way...

If you get a CH :6::P: (for an example of a safe move that hits on counter hit) and do the :4::H+K::5::4::P::P: could you do the CB and follow up on that combo and get the frame advantage? Because the :4::H+K: is easily holdable by CPU in an actual match.

Could you replace the :4::P::P: on :4::H+K::5::4::P::P: for :3::P::P:?

And you can use :236::P::5::K::K::7::K::6::P+K::5::K::K: after the CB on that and get even more damage?

If the last is too obvious just say: "yes. lol"

Murakame

The CPU is ridiculously mighty it just holds you in the middle of nowhere.
Oh I have a few questions on that combo by the way...

If you get a CH :6::P: (for an example of a safe move that hits on counter hit) and do the :4::H+K::5::4::P::P: could you do the CB and follow up on that combo and get the frame advantage? Because the :4::H+K: is easily holdable by CPU in an actual match.

Could you replace the :4::P::P: on :4::H+K::5::4::P::P: for :3::P::P:?

And you can use :236::P::5::K::K::7::K::6::P+K::5::K::K: after the CB on that and get even more damage?

If the last is too obvious just say: "yes. lol"

To answer your second and third questions yeah. But if they have been slow escaping 3PP is only going to leave you at +18, which isn't enough to connect with CB. The CB will hit if they don't slow escape though. For the third you can use PKK7K for more damage than KK7K but yeah that's one of the most damaging CB combos.

Saber

You could also just use her BnB post-CB juggle which is to launch with 33K, and follow up with 66KK, 4PKK/7K, 6P+K, KK. The latter has ridiculous timing, and I can never buffer it, so I go with the former.

I'd have to ask, what's Kasumi's best option after 4H+K? Since SE is back on, it's like this stun guarantees shit and I've gotten used to using 6P+K as the stun extender/CB and 3H+K for a launch to be safe.

And isn't 4H+K supposed to be an unholdable move? I thought most vertical attacks are, like Sarah's 6H+K, or Hitomi's 236K.

Murakame

You could also just use her BnB post-CB juggle which is to launch with 33K, and follow up with 66KK, 4PKK/7K, 6P+K, KK. The latter has ridiculous timing, and I can never buffer it, so I go with the former.

I'd have to ask, what's Kasumi's best option after 4H+K? Since SE is back on, it's like this stun guarantees shit and I've gotten used to using 6P+K as the stun extender/CB and 3H+K for a launch to be safe.

And isn't 4H+K supposed to be an unholdable move? I thought most vertical attacks are, like Sarah's 6H+K, or Hitomi's 236K.

4H+k is holdable but it causes a unholdable stun. Kasumi's H+K is the unholdable move. If they try to hold it they will just sidestep. After 4H+K I would still use 3H+K because sometimes people do not stagger escape. Other options I have for people that like stagger escaping are 3P which will give a small launch at the max threshold, or bring her to the threshold for a CB/ launch/ throw mixup and 4PK. 4PK is used after 4H+K when the threshold isn't at max for a launch. You can follow 4PK with PKK7K P+K but there's some timing to it. If you delay the P the slightest it will drop.

EDIT: Also for your CB if you cant get the KK to hit just replace it with P+K. So 33K, 66KK, 7K, P+K. using 4PKK does less damage lol but its good when you are close to the wall.

ErickBello

Answering my own question (the complicated one)... it's not possible when you do one of her "safe" moves (Name it CH 3P, 4P, 6P) then the 4H+K combo. CPU will stagger escape the CH and just hold the 4H+K (which is holdable by itself) making the combo not that viable and being throw punishable on block.
And the BnB follow up post-CB gets a total of 132 DMG on the full combo.

Murakame

Answering my own question (the complicated one)... it's not possible when you do one of her "safe" moves (Name it CH 3P, 4P, 6P) then the 4H+K combo. CPU will stagger escape the CH and just hold the 4H+K (which is holdable by itself) making the combo not that viable and being throw punishable on block.
And the BnB follow up post-CB gets a total of 132 DMG on the full combo.

4H+K cannot be SE'd if its done after 3P. 3P is +25 at fastest SE. It has to be held and remember you are facing a human opponent. They are not going to spam mid K hold just because you connected with 3P unless you are being predictable with your stuns. You also have to remember that no human is going to be able to get a perfect stagger escape on the first stun. It takes a moment to realize you have been counter hit and start stagger escaping lol. So if a stun is deep enough you might be able to hit 4H+K still. I would still try it after her 6P and 3P. If it fails after 6P then yeah just stick to using it after 3P.

Saber

There's also :3::3::K::5::6::6::K::K::5::4::P::K::K: or after 66KK, follow up with :7::K::5::6::P::+::K::5::K::K:.

Alternatively, you can launch with :3::h::+::K: as well. Or if you're really daring, go for a CB with :3::P::5::4::h::+::K:, but since SE is back, it's not guaranteed.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
A lot of people don't know about this juggle from heavyweights. But it works:

46H: 7K 6P+K KK7K 6P+KKK works. Its 84 pts off counter. 89 with wall splat.

Edit: No ceiling. Open Stance only

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD