The Art of Tenjimon: Kasumi's Combos/Juggles

phoenix1985gr

Yes you can get away with that launcher if they don't slow escape. You can get a CB as well but for whatever reason it was able to be held pre patch. I haven't bothered to see if it can be held post patch after 4H+K connects.

Yeah i knew about the cb being holdable thats why i never used it... Thanks for the answers!

hounddog75

That stands for "Free". Basically what it means is you tap the guard button in the middle of a string to cut it short. Example PPPPP is a full string. PPP:F: 6PK means you do PPP then stop that string, and do 6PK instead of PP.
thank you for the tips new to the game and trying to understand

Einzelkind

I was wondering about Kasumi's launching throws and holds. What are her best follow-up options (I only tested them on light weights) ?

For her qcf throw :6::6:, :K: :K: :7::K: :6::P+K: , :P::P::K::K: seems to be the best.

Then we have her low hold, her advanced mid kick hold and her :1::H+P: left.

For her advanced mid kick hold I found :6::6:, :7::K: :6::P+K: :K:, :P::P::K::K: for 67/84/100 points of damage, but due to the insane launch height, I think there might me something even better possible.

For her down throw the best follow-up I could find is :K::K::7::K: :6::P+K::K:, :P::P::6::P::K: for 64 points of damage.

For her low kick hold :P::K::K::7::K: :6::P+K::K::K: or :6::6: :K::K:, :7::K: :6::P+K::K::K: (both 62).

Oh, and I was also having some problems with the follow-ups to her trip stuns (h+k and 4h+k). Sometimes 6k just whiffs (maybe it has something to do with the stun threshold? Not sure). Any other decent follow-ups?

Murakame

I was wondering about Kasumi's launching throws and holds. What are her best follow-up options (I only tested them on light weights) ?

For her qcf throw :6::6:, :K: :K: :7::K: :6::P+K: , :P::P::K::K: seems to be the best.

Then we have her low hold, her advanced mid kick hold and her :1::H+P: left.

For her advanced mid kick hold I found :6::6:, :7::K: :6::P+K: :K:, :P::P::K::K: for 67/84/100 points of damage, but due to the insane launch height, I think there might me something even better possible.

For her down throw the best follow-up I could find is :K::K::7::K: :6::P+K::K:, :P::P::6::P::K: for 64 points of damage.

For her low kick hold :P::K::K::7::K: :6::P+K::K::K: or :6::6: :K::K:, :7::K: :6::P+K::K::K: (both 62).

Oh, and I was also having some problems with the follow-ups to her trip stuns (h+k and 4h+k). Sometimes 6k just whiffs (maybe it has something to do with the stun threshold? Not sure). Any other decent follow-ups?

Check her wiki for throw and mid kick hold combos. I posted up everything I found there and the weights they work on. You should do the same for your combos. For the low kick hold that's the best I currently have as well. To answer your question about H+K and 4H+K, 6K will always launch after H+K if H+K is used during stun and you are not at max threshold (H+K will knockdown at max threshold). The only time 6K whiffs is if you are trying to space with H+K by throwing H+K out raw. In cases like that 66P should be used for the followup, then 9K for a ground bounce into the standard PKK7K teleport ender. As for 4H+K there are a number of moves you can follow it with but I reccomend sticking to 3H+K. The opponent cannot hold 3H+K so it is a free launcher. This setup was guaranteed pre patch but right now it only works if the opponent doesn't stagger escape (which they can't due to the SE glitch). If TN decides to fix the glitch then I recommend 3P or 4PK. 4PK will launch and you can get PKK7K P+K but there seems to be some sort of timing to it. 3P will get you to the threshold for a CB/ launch or throw mixup.

hounddog75

i'm going to ask any extremly noob questions how do I get to the wiki

I struggle going from :6::P+K:, into :P::P::K:.

I also don't understand the difference between :6_: and :6:

Murakame

I struggle going from :6::P+K:, into :P::P::K:.

I also don't understand the difference between :6_: and :6:

If you havent found the wiki already its on the same tab where you see "Home" and "Forum". What issue are you having with :6::P+K:? Is it that you are getting a elbow when you hit P or that you are whiffing PPKK? It would also help me If I knew what character you are practicing that on and under what circumstances. The difference between :6_: and :6: is that :6_: means you are holding forward down. :6: is a tap.

EDIT: Matt sniped me lol.

hounddog75

for being 37 I'm an idoit I never looked up top for the wiki.

Murakame -

When I do KK7K and the 6P+K I end up doing the elbow

Murakame

for being 37 I'm an idoit I never looked up top for the wiki.

Murakame -

When I do KK7K and the 6P+K I end up doing the elbow

Ok. KK7K on its own into 6P+K PPKK will not work on anybody. If you are doing it off of 236T it will connect on lightweight characters when you do a dash forward before the KK7K. The problem you are having is that you are hitting P as soon as you do the 6P+K. You have to do a short pause after 6P+K then hit PPKK. You should get an idea of the timing if you do 3P+K then hit P. If jabs are coming out instead of elbows then you got it.

hounddog75

I think I need to keep on working on that in training mode to get the move set down. Plus in reading the other forum I use the CB to much. I try to get into that and then do 236p and then ppkk. So I need to relearn what I have been doing.

Murakame

I think I need to keep on working on that in training mode to get the move set down. Plus in reading the other forum I use the CB to much. I try to get into that and then do 236p and then ppkk. So I need to relearn what I have been doing.

It's not a bad idea to go for CB with Kasumi. It's just that she has ways to guarantee damage without using it because she has H+K and 4H+K. Going for CB is a nice way to mix up people watching for H+K or 4H+K, and a CB into power-blow is still the most damaging option she has. Also do not neglect punishing holds with her throws. 33T, 1T and 236T damage on hi counter...the red life is so beautiful. :'D

hounddog75

So when I try and do a throw I always get punch in the face. I try and do ppph and then a throw and I just get punched in the face.

I don't use H+K at all and I only use 4h+k rarely when I try and set up a cb

Murakame

So when I try and do a throw I always get punch in the face. I try and do ppph and then a throw and I just get punched in the face.

I don't use H+K at all and I only use 4h+k rarely when I try and set up a cb

We are talking about two separate occasions. You are talking about throwing from neutral I am talking about throwing on a opponent that is stunned and trying to hold. Before you can start throwing people from neutral you need to teach them to stop mashing buttons. Kasumi has long strings like PPPP, PP6PK, 6PK2K, and 3PPP that will catch people who are mashing buttons especially if you delay the strings. For the most part you should be trying to stun your opponent. And if you aren't using H+K or 4H+K on a stunned opponent then you need to start doing so now and mix those in with your CB / launch / throw mixup at max threshold.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD