The Art Style and Graphics Discussion

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Inside Nioh 2 @Tyaren Pretty good video. Even the producer of Bloodborne (Masaaki Yamigawa) also helped with Nioh.

Even talks about the positions being director and producer, the work behind it with Masaaki Yamigawa etc.

- Yasuda hinted of a Nioh 3 and definitely discussing it, Yasuda laughed and said it sounds scary and that he's out of ideas at the moment but still interested.

- He wants to get other Team NINJA titles off the ground (Nani? Ninja Gaiden?).

- They want to launch a new global IP and is in the works with Team NINJA and KT behind it.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Mihoyo are crazy...the detail to animation they put into Genshin Impact is on another level. Not even most AAA Western developers would take as much care to animate random street cats and dogs:

2019111411194459845.gif

20200319101809_13800.gif

Kiraragirl200

Mihoyo are crazy...the detail to animation they put into Genshin Impact is on another level. Not even most AAA Western developers would take as much care to animate random street cats and dogs:

2019111411194459845.gif

20200319101809_13800.gif
This game is so damn pretty, I am LIVING for these colors. *_*
If this game lets me pet the cats and dogs, it automatically beats botw

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
This game is so damn pretty, I am LIVING for these colors. *_*
If this game lets me pet the cats and dogs, it automatically beats botw

The game is indeed toothachingly pretty and cute, did you see these newest trailers?

Right now you can actually not pet the dogs and cats. Crazy, right? That's the very first thing everyone wants to do in the at the moment ongoing beta. I'm sure they are fixing that in the final game though. They simply have to, lol.

In other news, and the contrast to Genshin Impact couldn't be any bigger, lol: Digital Foundry released their in-depth tech review of Doom Eternal and they are mighty impressed by it:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
♫ Oh Tyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaareeeeeeeeeeeen (@Tyaren ) ♫

PS4 Pro running this game like:

source.gif

Xbox One X though...

Does anybody else think the lighting and colors in this RE3 look kinda garish? Too bright and too saturated imo for that series. Makes it look kinda cheap in contrast to RE2 which had a beautifully dark, gritty and muted look.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
PS4 Pro running this game like:

source.gif

Xbox One X though...

Does anybody else think the lighting and colors in this RE3 look kinda garish? Too bright and too saturated imo for that series. Makes it look kinda cheap in contrast to RE2 which had a beautifully dark, gritty and muted look.
Gotta wait for them to review the PC version ;)

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Mihoyo's animators:
How much time and money shall we invest in the character animations?

Mihoyo:
Yes!

1a82747ae407d32f2f875f77fde0b3c1_3338356846919967300.gif

2492a54c770b323a7c9e93ebb13f7629_5338181445214553843.gif

e8f92618d68a7d8fb379fe2869b99685_7242592323108196961.gif

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Lemme gush a little more about Genshin Impact's beautiful environment art. :)
There's a lantern festival going on right now in Liyue Harbour in honor of the deer deity the city worships. For the next several nights the city is adorned with more and lanterns:

c1ef626263a9d9cb1ab57c81cd535728_3249240415079726631.png

ezgif.com-gif-maker-1684f83d95a6249749.gif

ezgif.com-gif-maker-2084c8d138b429cc3f.gif

You can also watch them build a huge deer lantern depicting the deity. At the end of the festival they will let it fly into the night sky just as the deity did thousands of years ago.

1ed3e0309151d6395fed978031fa3f9b_5997117190067491819.jpg

Mihoyo is doing an amazing job to fill the world of GI with so much beauty and magic.

Jadeinchains

Omg thats gorgeous! :eek: I'd actually not even thought about how with a new generation would come a new generation of the unreal engine. It looks amazing though. That game that they were showing it off with looked cool too, Wonder what it is? I thought it was like Horizon Zero Dawn 2 for a sec.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Omg thats gorgeous! :eek: I'd actually not even thought about how with a new generation would come a new generation of the unreal engine. It looks amazing though. That game that they were showing it off with looked cool too, Wonder what it is? I thought it was like Horizon Zero Dawn 2 for a sec.

I honestly did not expect next gen would bring us a basically unlimited amount of polygons. If what they claim and showed us is true they can now reach Pixar CGI level modelling. I really didn't think we were at that point yet. No more low polygon Kasumi butts or Lisa's ugly mug! :D
This was in fact real-time gameplay captured on a PS5 (they confirmed that again), but it was not technically a game. Everything you see was just created/developed for this gameplay presentation, so this very likely won't become a game.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
It's either that, or come plagued with bugs, or with some catch having that output. Increased load times, fps drops etc. on finalized products.

I wouldn't even be surprised if the PS5 starts sounding like a rocket ship with the fan being loud as heck, even on an SSD.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD