Characters The Blue Flash - DOA5LR Jacky Guide

Lulu

Thanks for your compliment! :)

About 4KKK, I mentioned that 4KKK can't be followed-up by a juggle consistently in open space. I'm aware that it is possible, but most of the time it just doesn't work.

After 4KKK launches in Critical Stun Level 3, you can follow-up with 6_P (Straight Lead Jab) and do a juggle depending on the opponent's weight. Also you can follow-up with P+KP in the same situation but that only seems to work in open stance. So all in all it is possible to follow up after 4KKK in open space, it just doesn't work all the time. It is more reliable near a wall.

Since its a Bounding Move does that mean it will bounce everybody at the Same Height (assuming its done on CL3) ?

If thats the case then Perhaps its a Hurt Box Size Issue thats making it inconsisent. Man wouldn't it be nice if you we could pop the hood in see exactly whats going on underneath the surface......

KING JAIMY

Since its a Bounding Move does that mean it will bounce everybody at the Same Height (assuming its done on CL3) ?

If thats the case then Perhaps its a Hurt Box Size Issue thats making it inconsisent. Man wouldn't it be nice if you we could pop the hood in see exactly whats going on underneath the surface......
I think it will indeed bounce every character at the same height, but the falling speed differs for each character weight so juggles wouldn't all be the same.

It could indeed be a hurtbox issue, which is actually realistically possible. I always thought it was a range issue because 4KKK kinda puts Jacky out of range and also the recovery is quite long if I remember correctly.

Lulu

I think it will indeed bounce every character at the same height, but the falling speed differs for each character weight so juggles wouldn't all be the same.

It could indeed be a hurtbox issue, which is actually realistically possible. I always thought it was a range issue because 4KKK kinda puts Jacky out of range and also the recovery is quite long if I remember correctly.

Its difficult to tell in the Heat Battle because when you get a stun going you're like: "Finally !! Now let me do move combo and hope its the right range." LoL.... atleast thats how I play.... I'm just grateful when I hit my opponent I don't have time to confirm the proper conditions required for delicate juggles.

KING JAIMY

Its difficult to tell in the Heat Battle because when you get a stun going you're like: "Finally !! Now let me do move combo and hope its the right range." LoL.... atleast thats how I play.... I'm just grateful when I hit my opponent I don't have time to confirm the proper conditions required for delicate juggles.
Yeah it actually isn't that relevant if it's a hurtbox issue or not. Jacky already has a ton of different launchers and a lot of them are viable as well (e.g. 6K, 2_3P, FSK). In the heat of battle you indeed don't have time to think, you just do it! ;)

Lulu

Yeah it actually isn't that relevant if it's a hurtbox issue or not. Jacky already has a ton of different launchers and a lot of them are viable as well (e.g. 6K, 2_3P, FSK). In the heat of battle you indeed don't have time to think, you just do it! ;)

Have you notice the numerous methods Jacky has to Bound and Rebound an opponent off the Floor ?

Its actually quite alot if you think about it. :eek:

KING JAIMY

Have you notice the numerous methods Jacky has to Bound and Rebound an opponent off the Floor ?

Its actually quite alot if you think about it. :eek:
Hmm....4H+K can both be used as a launch (bound) and juggle (rebound). 2P+K causes a rebound in Cr Stun Lvl 3. 46H+K causes a bound. Is there anything I'm missing?

Lulu

Hmm....4H+K can both be used as a launch (bound) and juggle (rebound). 2P+K causes a rebound in Cr Stun Lvl 3. 46H+K causes a bound. Is there anything I'm missing?

And his Switch Step.... something Something lol I fotgot its name :8::P+K::P:. I was surprised to see this being used in a Power Launcher.

Do any of those moves react to Floor Danger Zones like in the Lab or Home Stage ?

MaxiKilla

Just in case.
All weights
:4::K::h::6::P::h::4::K::K::K::h::6_::P::4::H+K::4::H+K::1::P+K::P::K:
For heavy weight or smaller you can fit one flash kick after after the first h+k but after the 2nd h+k only 1p+kpp work

:rachel:Super heavy weight don't get FSK. Instead you can
:4::H+K::K::P::P::P::K:
Or just do the first one above
But yes the first part is unreliable and difficult.
I'm not sure about alpha

KING JAIMY

And his Switch Step.... something Something lol I fotgot its name :8::P+K::P:. I was surprised to see this being used in a Power Launcher.

Do any of those moves react to Floor Danger Zones like in the Lab or Home Stage ?
8P+KP and 46H+K do interact with floor danger zones. 4H+K and 2P+K do not however, which is strange.

Lulu

8P+KP and 46H+K do interact with floor danger zones. 4H+K and 2P+K do not however, which is strange.

LoL.... I believe Pai Chan and Sarah Bryant's bounding moves always trigger those floors.

Imagine how much more powerful Jacky could be if his :4::H+K: reacted to those floors. :)

Gurimmjaw

I tried to learn Jacky before as he the only VF character that I like and that interests me but frustrating when I get the other p string he has and can't do pp6ppp due to this and messes me up.

KING JAIMY

I tried to learn Jacky before as he the only VF character that I like and that interests me but frustrating when I get the other p string he has and can't do pp6ppp due to this and messes me up.
Which other P string? Also another way to perform :P::P::6::P::P::P: is :6_::P::P::P::P::P:.

KING JAIMY

Sorry, I meant his 6p string and the other string that similar looking to his p string which I think is 236p. Soemtimes when Intended for 6p I'll get that 236p string of his instead
Jacky has no 236P. In fact, he has no quarter-circle (and half-circle) motion moves at all! I'm still not sure what you mean though... could be 3PPP you're getting instead of the 6P string?

Gurimmjaw

Jacky has no 236P. In fact, he has no quarter-circle (and half-circle) motion moves at all! I'm still not sure what you mean though... could be 3PPP you're getting instead of the 6P string?

Sorry for the confusion, but you know his 10 frame high? It the the that has about 1.52 reach. I get that move when I dash and attempt a 6p. So instead of the 6p coming out I get that move instead.

:6_::P: is what sometimes comes out instead of ::6::P:

KING JAIMY

Sorry for the confusion, but you know his 10 frame high? It the the that has about 1.52 reach. I get that move when I dash and attempt a 6p. So instead of the 6p coming out I get that move instead.

:6_::P: is what sometimes comes out instead of ::6::P:
Hmm I see what you're talking about now but I can tell you the strings are exactly the same. :6_::P: just has a bit more reach than :6::P:. For the availability of his strings it doesn't really matter which version of 6P you use.

Darkslay

Hey Jaimy, i recently found a cool Force Tech setup for Jacky.

It involves doing :6::H+K: twice in a stun, it leads into any of his FTs, you can also do :2::H+K: twice but it works better at the wall. :)

KING JAIMY

Hey Jaimy, i recently found a cool Force Tech setup for Jacky.

It involves doing :6h+k: twice in a stun, it leads into any of his FTs, you can also do :2h+k: twice but it works better at the wall. :)
That's a nice find Darkslay. I'll have a quick check tomorrow and see if it can be slow escaped. If it can be SE'd, well then it's still a good find since most people usually don't SE anyway.

Oh you remind me of a few force tech setups I posted earlier in Jacky's general discussion thread. I still need to add them to the guide. ;)

EDIT: Here's the post I've made two months ago. Will edit it in the guide tomorrow as well as your suggestions!
No-timing force tech setups:

3H+K / 1P+KPK knockdown gives Jacky a no-timing 4P2K force tech which grants him +16 frame advantage if the opponent misses the tech roll. Also after 4KKK you can do 1H+K for +14 frame advantage or 6H+K for +19 frame advantage to force tech them back up if they miss the tech. CH 3K > 3K > P (whiff) > 6H+K works too for +20 frame advantage or CH 3K > 3K > P (whiff) > 1H+K for +14 frame advantage. Whiffing the P makes these two setups no-timing.

Darkslay

That's a nice find Darkslay. I'll have a quick check tomorrow and see if it can be slow escaped. If it can be SE'd, well then it's still a good find since most people usually don't SE anyway.

Oh you remind me of a few force tech setups I posted earlier in Jacky's general discussion thread. I still need to add them to the guide. ;)

EDIT: Here's the post I've made two months ago. Will edit it in the guide tomorrow as well as your suggestions!

:6::H+K: is SEable but only on fastest, :2::H+K: is pretty easily SEable though.

Ahh. Well if we're talking no timing, i also have a few setups for you. ;)

You can do :3::P+K: and :6::6::H+K: twice in a stun for a :4::P::2::K: FT.

And you can do :6::P:, :3::K: , :4::K: and :1::P+K: twice in a stun for a :3::K::P::2::K: FT. :)

Last edited:

KING JAIMY

:6::H+K: is SEable but only on fastest, :2::H+K: is pretty easily SEable though.

Ahh. Well if we're talking no timing, i also have a few setups for you. ;)

You can do :3::P+K: and :6::6::H+K: twice in a stun for a :4::P::2::K: FT.

And you can do :6::P:, :3::K: , :4::K: and :1::P+K: twice in a stun for a :3::K::P::2::K: FT. :)
Good stuff I hadn't thought about that yet!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD