Characters The Blue Flash - DOA5LR Jacky Guide

Lulu

YAY !!! I finally completed Jacky's Combo Challenge...... and my consistency with the Consecutive Flash Sword Kicks just went up by 5%.

Unfortunately there's no change on my ability to perform the Critical Burst..... if anything I'm getting worse at it.

KING JAIMY

YAY !!! I finally completed Jacky's Combo Challenge...... and my consistency with the Consecutive Flash Sword Kicks just went up by 5%.

Unfortunately there's no change on my ability to perform the Critical Burst..... if anything I'm getting worse at it.
Congrats on the Combo Challenge! That is indeed what you call a challenge. :)

I wish I could help you with executing his 66H+K CB. Try inputting 66 as quickly as you can, and I find it to be easier on D-pad compared to analog stick. If all else fails, then there's always his Slide Shuffle K CB! ;)

Lulu

Congrats on the Combo Challenge! That is indeed what you call a challenge. :)

I wish I could help you with executing his 66H+K CB. Try inputting 66 as quickly as you can, and I find it to be easier on D-pad compared to analog stick. If all else fails, then there's always his Slide Shuffle K CB! ;)

I'm actually trying to learn how to play on the D-Pad..... Microsoft and their crappy craftsmanship haven't made it easy but I am trying.

I seem to be alot better at it in Virtua Firtua..... where I also train with Jacky. ;)

Lulu

My Consecutive Flash Sword Kicks have improved yet again..... I used this oppertunity to test out something I've been curious about.

How many FSK's can you land on Super Heavyweights and still get the heavy bound..... well... it turns out...

Edit:

As I was saying before I was rudely interupted by my ISP.

After a Power Launcher Jacky can nail 4 Flash Sword Kicks on Super Heavy Weights and still Rebound them afterwards.

Unfortunately it requires strict timing and a perfectly flat surface.

Last edited:

Lulu

I've also been looking squeezing out as much damage out of all the weight classes.... it turns out the best way to do this is by Using a Critical Burst and Free Stepping behind the opponent to hit them with Jacky's:4::H+K:.

And thats where things get interesting. Now unlike Jacky, Sarah's :4::H+K: is very very very very Delicate.... the attack is so "Meaty" that hitting your opponent with it too early can cause a juggle to fail. Since Jacky's :4::H+K: is unique only to him.... he can use it with no troubles......except after Critical Burst. If :4::H+K: bounds the opponent with the first active frame then Jacky takes longer to recover meaning he can't land alot of FSKs (3 is the most) after the Bound. However if :4::H+K: bounds the opponent using the later active frames then he recovers faster and can proceed landing FSKs much sooner.

The Trick is too Free Step around your opponent for alil longer than usual. Which I found weird because all the VF Character's have a slightly slower Free Step speed than most of the DoA characters (Mila's is also slow).

I managed to get 4 FSKs on:alpha152:, 3 on Every on body else up to :genfu: and 2 on the Super Heavy Weights.

KING JAIMY

I've also been looking squeezing out as much damage out of all the weight classes.... it turns out the best way to do this is by Using a Critical Burst and Free Stepping behind the opponent to hit them with Jacky's:4::H+K:.

And thats where things get interesting. Now unlike Jacky, Sarah's :4::H+K: is very very very very Delicate.... the attack is so "Meaty" that hitting your opponent with it too early can cause a juggle to fail. Since Jacky's :4::H+K: is unique only to him.... he can use it with no troubles......except after Critical Burst. If :4::H+K: bounds the opponent with the first active frame then Jacky takes longer to recover meaning he can't land alot of FSKs (3 is the most) after the Bound. However if :4::H+K: bounds the opponent using the later active frames then he recovers faster and can proceed landing FSKs much sooner.

The Trick is too Free Step around your opponent for alil longer than usual. Which I found weird because all the VF Character's have a slightly slower Free Step speed than most of the DoA characters (Mila's is also slow).

I managed to get 4 FSKs on:alpha152:, 3 on Every on body else up to :genfu: and 2 on the Super Heavy Weights.
Good that you found it yourself but this is old news buddy.

Lulu

LoL.... maybe I just wanted to Brag. ;)

Atleast now I'm up to speed with all the other Flash Sword Kickers out there.

Speaking of which.... have you had any success using FSK as a poking tool ?

With a recovery of 13 Frames you'd think you'd be able to bait with it but damn the AI knows how to whiff punish it (atleast Gen Fu and Hitomi does.... it works like a charm on Rachel)

Edit:

And Speaking of Pokes..... has anyone tried any Pai Chan style combos ?

I'm talking about using :6_::P: multiple times. Jacky's jab is i10 which is one frame slower than Pai's but I found that Free Cancelling it does allow you to pull off Pai Chan style Juggles.... which I have yet to find a use for.

Last edited:

KING JAIMY

LoL.... maybe I just wanted to Brag. ;)

Atleast now I'm up to speed with all the other Flash Sword Kickers out there.

Speaking of which.... have you had any success using FSK as a poking tool ?

With a recovery of 13 Frames you'd think you'd be able to bait with it but damn the AI knows how to whiff punish it (atleast Gen Fu and Hitomi does.... it works like a charm on Rachel)

Edit:

And Speaking of Pokes..... has anyone tried any Pai Chan style combos ?

I'm talking about using :6_::P: multiple times. Jacky's jab is i10 which is one frame slower than Pai's but I found that Free Cancelling it does allow you to pull off Pai Chan style Juggles.... which I have yet to find a use for.
After launchers you can use 6_P and you can follow up with 4H+K. Without that jab you wouldn't be able to land the 4H+K. In fact, it's a better move to juggle with than FSK but the FSK is just more damaging (10 points of damage for each FSK landed on airborne opponent if I remember correctly).

Lulu

After launchers you can use 6_P and you can follow up with 4H+K. Without that jab you wouldn't be able to land the 4H+K. In fact, it's a better move to juggle with than FSK but the FSK is just more damaging (10 points of damage for each FSK landed on airborne opponent if I remember correctly).

Yeah I found that out recently with Jacky's :6::K:. It seems to react better with :6_::P: than with his FSK.... depending on the Weight Class and Critical Level ofcourse.

Except if you use :8::P+K::P: (my favourite move after a CB) then its the exact opposite. :6_::P: won't work but :6_::K::5::h: will.

Its funny because for some inexplicable reason I suck at FSK-ing after :2::3_::P: so I always :8::P+K::P: or I'l just launch with the FSK and take it from there.

Seriously though.... :8::P+K::P: is fantastic. Even on tiny stages I use this move all day.

Too bad its highly unsafe.

KING JAIMY

Its funny because for some inexplicable reason I suck at FSK-ing after :2::3_::P:
So true for me too. The timing is really weird after that launcher. I'm guessing it has something to do with the recovery frames of 2_3P. I can do FSK after 6K just fine (also helps that the thumbstick/d-pad is already tilted in the correct direction).

Lulu

So true for me too. The timing is really weird after that launcher. I'm guessing it has something to do with the recovery frames of 2_3P. I can do FSK after 6K just fine (also helps that the thumbstick/d-pad is already tilted in the correct direction).

EXACTLY !!! Thats how it is for me too..... especially on the Thumb Stick because working my way back to :6: is tricky because it feels unnatural if I don't return it to neutral first....... rolling it from :3_: to :6_: like this :236: sometimes makes me get Jacky's :9::K: or :3::K:.

This is why I prefer :8::P+K::P:. I spent many nights practicing the dash for that bound. Not because its better or anything like..... I just really love both mine and the opponents animation. Its Part Dance and Part Beatdown. XD

Lulu

Wooooooh.... I was able to Land 5 FSK's on Kasumi using a Power Launcher..... however after the 5th FSK she fell way to quickly for the Heavy Bound to reach her in Time.....

Perhaps its possible on the Jelly Baby: :alpha152:

Lulu

So I was in the Lab with Jacky..... just keeping my FSK Timing Sharp..... and so I figured I would test this new Sorcery known as Free Cancelling to the test. As it turns out.... on Light Weights you can pull off three :6_::P:s after Launching with :2_::3::P: on CL3. and that adds up to 12 Points of Damage...... which I believe is 8 points less than if you had used Jacky's FSK.... and honestly thats not bad at all. Assuming if you want to go for that sort of thing.

I should probably add these to Jacky's Heavy Bound guide..... but I'm so lazy :(

Edit: I wonder if I can do this with Sarah aswel. Hmmmm.....

Last edited:

KING JAIMY

Why do I not get alerts for my own created thread? Damn...
Anyway:
Quick question..... how many of you guys keep going back to redo Combo Challenges ?
I do it if I haven't played DOA for a while to refresh my setups and combos. Never hurts to do it and it still feels satisfying to complete it.
Wooooooh.... I was able to Land 5 FSK's on Kasumi using a Power Launcher..... however after the 5th FSK she fell way to quickly for the Heavy Bound to reach her in Time.....

Perhaps its possible on the Jelly Baby: :alpha152:
Yeah, that sucks. I knew you could do 5 of them after a PL but only after a maximum of 4 you can still land 4H+K.
So I was in the Lab with Jacky..... just keeping my FSK Timing Sharp..... and so I figured I would test this new Sorcery known as Free Cancelling to the test. As it turns out.... on Light Weights you can pull off three :6_::P:s after Launching with :2_::3::P: on CL3. and that adds up to 12 Points of Damage...... which I believe is 8 points less than if you had used Jacky's FSK.... and honestly thats not bad at all. Assuming if you want to go for that sort of thing.

I should probably add these to Jacky's Heavy Bound guide..... but I'm so lazy :(

Edit: I wonder if I can do this with Sarah aswel. Hmmmm.....
If you don't wanna risk dropping your combo, go for it. I usually go for 6_P's if I can end the round with it, and almost everytime in a high-pressure setting (e.g. tournaments).

Lulu

Why do I not get alerts for my own created thread? Damn...
Anyway:
LoL.... I thought you didn't love me anymore..... turns out The Website was just pulling pranks out jealousy. :p

I do it if I haven't played DOA for a while to refresh my setups and combos. Never hurts to do it and it still feels satisfying to complete it.

I do Jacky's Specifically like Once a week. But I don't do the whole thing..... only the ones involving FSK.

I do a bunch of other challenges like once every two months.

Yeah, that sucks. I knew you could do 5 of them after a PL but only after a maximum of 4 you can still land 4H+K.
So you know the Bouncy Wall in The Show ? I was wondering if its possible to do 5 FSKs into some move that wall splats like :6::6::K:

If you don't wanna risk dropping your combo, go for it. I usually go for 6_P's if I can end the round with it, and almost everytime in a high-pressure setting (e.g. tournaments).

So how does one train to cope with Pressure ? Breathing exercises ? I would imagine that have a cool head is highly beneficial in tournaments.

Lulu

Do I was thinking about Jacky's Pak Sao and I was wondering if it could be used to Counter the The Tigers in The Tiger Show....... obviously that won't work because getting hit by a tiger causes a launch. And Pak Sao can't stop Knock Downs and Launchers.

However the Buddha Statue in Sky City Tokyo causes a stun...... think Pak Sao can auto side step that ?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
@KING JAIMY @Darkslay @samuraihachi @Nereus

Found an unholdable FSK.

W! > :6::6::K: > :2::P+K: > :6_::K::5::H*:. Praise the heavens because even if they don't get up, the recovery of FSK is quick and you have enough time to react to WUKs or :2::P: to pseudo. if they get up and block, you are at advantage (+3). If they get up and smack a button, you get a free launch. (Corners will commence a camera change so be careful on that one.) Overall, this is solid with the only weakness that you are using a lower version for wall splat damage as a start up.

Also to note that if you are near a breakable (Depending on which move you used to toss them into a breakable due to recovery.) You can also use :8::P+K::P: setups. Such as if you finish with :1::P+K::P::K:, :8::P+K::P: is all guaranteed even on fastest stagger (If you are close to a breakable mind you, running up to a breakable will not work because the opponent is already in the phase of recovering or staggering.)

For Dangerzone (Didn't see it up there for this one regarding no-timing) You can do:

[Light-Mid weights] - 2x :P:[held 6] (use :h: if you must to avoid getting the :P::P: string) > FSK 4x > :4::H+K: 2x > :6::6::H+K: (For cliff damage) or :7::K: to stay in blue explosive panel areas.

[For Super heavies] - :P::K::h: > 33 > FSK 4x (3x recommended because the first 4H+K may whiff if not timed right) > :4::H+K: 2x > :6::6::H+K:. (May not reach to cliff but you can run to opponent to extend distance to force them to fall off.)

Last edited:

Darkslay

@KING JAIMY @Darkslay @samuraihachi @Nereus

Found an unholdable FSK.

W! > :6::6::K: > :2::P+K: > :6_::K::5::H*:. Praise the heavens because even if they don't get up, the recovery of FSK is quick and you have enough time to react to WUKs or :2::P: to pseudo. if they get up and block, you are at advantage (+3). If they get up and smack a button, you get a free launch. (Corners will commence a camera change so be careful on that one.) Overall, this is solid with the only weakness that you are using a lower version for wall splat damage as a start up.

Also to note that if you are near a breakable (Depending on which move you used to toss them into a breakable due to recovery.) You can also use :8::P+K::P: setups. Such as if you finish with :1::P+K::P::K:, :8::P+K::P: is all guaranteed even on fastest stagger (If you are close to a breakable mind you, running up to a breakable will not work because the opponent is already in the phase of recovering or staggering.)

For Dangerzone (Didn't see it up there for this one regarding no-timing) You can do:

[Light-Mid weights] - 2x :P:[held 6] (use :h: if you must to avoid getting the :P::P: string) > FSK 4x > :4::H+K: 2x > :6::6::H+K: (For cliff damage) or :7::K: to stay in blue explosive panel areas.

[For Super heavies] - :P::K::h: > 33 > FSK 4x (3x recommended because the first 4H+K may whiff if not timed right) > :4::H+K: 2x > :6::6::H+K:. (May not reach to cliff but you can run to opponent to extend distance to force them to fall off.)

Real good stuff here, DB.

Alternatively, you can do; W! > :P+K::P: > :P::P::6::P::K:/:6::P::K: > :2::P+K: > :6_::K::5::H*: to get some good damage before the setup. It also doesn't make it as obvious. ;)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD