The Dead Or Alive Meme & Gif Thread

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Xtreme Beach Leon
Source: https://web.archive.org/web/20021202102627/http://www.tecmo.co.jp/teamninja/ood76-80.htm#
Artist: 伊藤 壮
4ovGmdk.jpg

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
ezgif.com-gif-maker-3b86960130feff02b.gif

DOA5LR Sarah vs VF5US Sarah
Imo, I feel like TN did their take on Sarah better, her body seems more proportional and not as awkward, and her hair imo looked better. Her face was also better imo, in VF they kinda downgraded her looks but the ponytail physics in VF imo are way better. DOA imo did her better justice but she doesn't look bad necessarily either in VF, it's just different takes on her and DOA focused more on presentation

Kasumi-Phase-X

If the second picture is the result of drugs and alcohol, sign me up.

I guess if you wanted to be covered in dirt & scratches from whatever this actress went through, then the liquor should be in the fridge & drugs should be found in the warehouse.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Team Ninja and Square Enix's Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin might have gotten a lukewarm reception but their graphics in the collaboration with JYP Entertainment for DOAX4 look so realistic imo:

:p

Anywaaay, I thought this was poking fun at how people say the girls all look the same until it clicked. XD

View attachment 35367
Not TWICE lmfaoooo

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Team Ninja and Square Enix's Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin might have gotten a lukewarm reception but their graphics in the collaboration with JYP Entertainment for DOAX4 look so realistic imo:

:p

Anywaaay, I thought this was poking fun at how people say the girls all look the same until it clicked. XD

View attachment 35367
Kasumi is the only real relevant character so I don't think that sets the bar low at all imo xD

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Was bored and needed something to do so I made some more DOA5 vs DOA6 comparison gifs, I'm getting better at making frames more even and less lopsided xD

ezgif.com-gif-maker-10f22ff7cdada1c13d.gif

Kasumi looked more sophisticated in LR but she overall is more expressive in 6. Her hair is way better too and has weight to it

ezgif.com-gif-maker-11deee6037aa1e0935.gif

Idc what anyone says, Mai looks best in 6. Her LR model imo was just a sample of what they could do with Mai and they refined her to be one of the prettiest in 6. It's a shame she had to sacrifice her ponytail length tho to achieve it and preferred her lighter hair

ezgif.com-gif-maker-12c5e60a81acc747fd.gif

Hayabusa I can't say changed much besides the beefier muscles so he doesn't look like a barely legal fitness model anymore. I think his eyes look better too

ezgif.com-gif-maker-1353e4351670b5bcf0.gif
Naotora the queen<3 i think her transition into LR was done nicely, although I feel she's somewhat more defined and expressive in WO4 but I expect that since it's her native game. I don't expect it but it'd be great to see her transition into 6 if it ever happens

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Made some more gif comparison, this time of character select confirm poses. I chose the more underrated characters:

ezgif.com-gif-maker-8bd1c25cbe68a9cbe.gif
6 is better imo, the color and details are far superior. LR however made Phase 4's face seem more evil and sinister, 6 just looks like they reused the animation and didn't give Kasumi's face model any real changes in expression so it seems empty

ezgif.com-gif-maker-14ce3dd5e2f42e7c56.gif

Lisa looks best in 6 imo, the addition of real time shaders to the skin really did wonders for her compared to others

ezgif.com-gif-maker-15858cfb4951fc55f7.gif

Momiji was my fave to do. I think the eye expression in 6 is better and she looks better but they should have kept the mouth opening animation, it made the intro seem more complete imo. In 6 it's giving vanilla ice cream instead of vanilla ice cream with sprinkles like LR Momiji had

samuraihachi

Standard Donor
Anyone know if its possible to recreate these in DOA6? Recorded this a while back lol. These were so damn funny. Especially Leon in the home stage.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Anyone know if its possible to recreate these in DOA6? Recorded this a while back lol. These were so damn funny. Especially Leon in the home stage.
Yeah it's possible on the lower level of the fireworks stage but you have to kinda quick to trigger the explosion since you can't overkill anymore and idk if the areas the winpose warps you to is in the right place xD

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD