The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Kokoro has always possessed the least charisma of any character in the roster, imo. I've never understood her popularity in that regard (or in other regards, but that's a different issue).

this. shes always seemed rather lifeless to me pretty much every other character i can see as having a life of their own, but to me shes always seemed rather like a living porcelain doll in personality and appearance.

David Gregg

I still don't understand up until now how the hell she has more costume entries than Hitomi and Momiji who were more popular and well-advertised compared to her.

That's a good question. Maybe b/c she fits/looks the traditional Japanese beauty/stereotype? She's a very popular character in Japan. When I watch 5UA gameplay vids I see her being used a lot.

Juihau

I'd think her popularity is largely due to the same reason that characters like Colette (summons forth celestial lasers of death by screwing up a prayer) and Osaka ("I thought it was a frying pan...") are. Some people simply find overly subdued reactions, along with exaggerated spaciness to be appealing (or funny).

Last edited:

Rawbietussin

That's a good question. Maybe b/c she fits/looks the traditional Japanese beauty/stereotype? She's a very popular character in Japan. When I watch 5UA gameplay vids I see her being used a lot.

Isn't a shrine maiden more traditional than a geisha? It can be the stereotype alone but beyond that, I think she has the generic sugary personality and appearance that a lot of the younger girls possess.

David Gregg

has the generic sugary personality and appearance that a lot of the younger girls possess.

Which is exactly what the Japanese love. lol. Youth and being "kawaii" is what they're obsessed with. Ever wonder why Baby Metal is so popular in Japan?? I'll give you a hint: kids and tweens aren't going to these concerts like with Hannah Montana. lol

Rawbietussin

Lol I really beg to differ (and this is coming from an Asian himself). :v

Youth and kawaii is fine and all but it's a little too overplayed. It's somewhat a reason why I can't play as anyone younger than Lisa/Helena's age all because they act so... Jailbaity.

Last edited:

Rachel the fiend Slayer

Kawaii girls are really fun characters, It might be over done yeah, but isn't it on the same level (or even below for that matter) then a tough male, classy 20+ female, increasingly attractive male lead, wise old male,ect in (fighting) games?

I say as long as they aren't fully dull or without personality, all character concepts are great :)

AsheMann21

So how about a lackadaisical character? A Mary Sue/Gary Stu who doesn't really care about anything and is forced to enter DOA, much to his dismay. I don't think we have anybody here who fits the bill yet.

Brute

Standard Donor
So how about a lackadaisical character? A Mary Sue/Gary Stu who doesn't really care about anything
220px-DOA5_Kokoro_Render.png

Rawbietussin

Kawaii girls are really fun characters, It might be over done yeah, but isn't it on the same level (or even below for that matter) then a tough male, classy 20+ female, increasingly attractive male lead, wise old male,ect in (fighting) games?

As stereotypical as they are featured in most games, I'll take tough/wise/old/attractive male and classy 20+ female over a kawaii girl any time of the day. Kawaii girls are just sickeningly sweet that it's so repulsive... Like a sugar-puking kitten who ate a poisoned cupcake kind of sweet. Ugh. :/

Argentus

Lol I really beg to differ (and this is coming from an Asian himself). :v

Youth and kawaii is fine and all but it's a little too overplayed. It's somewhat a reason why I can't play as anyone younger than Lisa/Helena's age all because they act so... Jailbaity.
I know its me just overthinking a general statement, but I'm trying to think of Mila as jailbait, but I can't. unlike say, leifang or Hitomi, she seems to act more her age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD