The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

d3v

Is there anyway to set Training Room to STAGE music? Hearing the training room theme no matter what stage you're in is getting on my nerves.

DR2K

I just thought about something. What is the reason behind certain characters having expert holds (Ayane, Kasumi, Hitomi, Rig, Tina) and some not having (Brad, Lisa, Eliot, Helena) ?
Is it a new addition they wanted to give everyone in the first concepts of DOA5 ? Did they lack time ?

Because, I could see Eliot having one for example.

In the alpha build everyone was supposed to get advanced mid p and mid k holds. All the alpha build characters still do. They decided not to go that route in the end to save time and individuality.

KwonJigglypuff

In the alpha build everyone was supposed to get advanced mid p and mid k holds. All the alpha build characters still do. They decided not to go that route in the end to save time and individuality.

That's what I thought too. I guess characters not having advanced holds were the last to be designed.

Yoyo

This is a shame. At least TN brought back her intro/outro with Gen Fu, and original ones wih Lisa (that should be her official Tag partner)?

Helena and Lisa have a tag intro and outro? Gen-fu and Helena only have their tag throws but not their intros or outros

Rawbietussin

Did they really brought back Gen-Fu's tag intros/outros with Brad and with Helena? Vanilla 5 felt really incomplete without them honestly.

Kronin

@Yoyo: Sorry my post wasn't clear, I was making two questions; I wanted to know if in DoA5U:
- Lisa and Helena have Tag Throws, Tag intro and outro;
- GenFu has again his old intro and outro with Helena (and Brad too).

Lisa and Helena have never get something like tag pair and this is just my point: given their disposition in the roster of DoA5, they are supposed to be standard tag partners (more they have also a bond in the storyline), so they should have special tag animations and throws.

Rawbietussin

@Yoyo: Sorry my post wasn't clear, I was making two questions; I wanted to know if in DoA5U:
- Lisa and Helena have Tag Throws, Tag intro and outro;
- GenFu has again his old intro and outro with Helena (and Brad too).

Lisa and Helena have never get something like tag pair and this is just my point: given their disposition in the roster of DoA5, they are supposed to be standard tag partners (more they have also a bond in the storyline), so they should have special tag animations and throws.

In DOAD, Helena's tag partner was said to be Kokoro at that time but they didn't have anything until 5 came. 5U should have had updated their tag partnering system.

Tina when paired with Lisa is the only pair out of Lisa's tag partners that has an intro/throw/outro when she could have had one with Helena as she is deemed to be her default partner in 5 but sadly they don't got anything together. Lisa should have also gotten one with Rig and Christie as they are her MIST co-workers and in the same manner, Helena with either Bayman, Hayate and Zack.

Rawbietussin

So basically Helena should be partnered with everyone. XD Since Doa4 she has ties to everyone.

Well she is a participant and also the coordinator of these tournaments to begin with but then again, I don't think outside of the DOAX spinoffs that she was ever shown close with either Tina and Hitomi.

Last edited:

13ways

Yeah Lisa would've been great with Helena, she needs more tag partners. But I guess Tina and Ein are good enough :(

This seem like a decent enough place to post this.

I make relatively cool high resolution screen shots or DOA5 and now DOA5U. Here are a few quick examples.
http://postimg.org/image/g4pv0zw7l/full/
http://postimg.org/image/sxdz0x7td/full/
http://postimg.org/image/9ogwawno1/full/

If you would like to see my full gallery here it is.

http://sdrv.ms/18Im2IM

They are all stored on SkyDrive for easily perusing and downloading. Just remember if you do want to see the full resolution of any picture you do have to download it. I post this here since it seems like most everyone but not all here like DOA so I thought you fine folks might enjoy looking at my work. I will continue to be updating it with pictures from DOA5U so fell free to check it from time to time

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Niiiice!! I am a passionate DOA-photographer as well. :D
One of my pics:
9614226671_387f83e17a_o.jpg

By the way, how do you get the resolution so high and how do you get rid of the aliasing?

Brute

Standard Donor
By the way, how do you get the resolution so high and how do you get rid of the aliasing?
I think at the bottom where it has that "2.1" thing in picture mode and you can change it, you just jack that thing up and the resolution is saved higher. Though I still have no idea why the game doesn't run in 1080p by default...

So, got any screenshots of the guys? *cough* Ryu *cough*

Got any screenshots of the guys?

*cough* Ryu *cough*

If you click on the gallery link http://sdrv.ms/18Im2IM and go in the folder called DOA5 you will find some Ryu pics. In fact you will fine one nice series of pictures with Ryu teaching Hiyate a good lesson. But I will admit since I do most of my shots on request I don't have as many of the guys since I don't get a lot of request for them. It might also help if you change to view type to by name to get the pics alphabetical.

As for how I get such large screen shots, in spectator mode I zoom the camera in and take about 20 to 40 pictures with my capture card and then throw all those pictures into an imaging compiling program and to make one big picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD