The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurlungur

because a, Eliot is the furthest thing from a rocker, and b, then the straightest. shota line doesnt work. vSide note, I can see Mila listening to pearl jam.

What about sheena? She's a punk rocker right?
Ok, there was my awful joke for the day.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
yall keep asking for a young boy and A) Chris Hansen is gonna start stalking this site and B) Team Ninja will give us Sanji,cause if they can reuse assets they will.

also no one knows jack shit about Eliot, in fact i think we know more about Bayman than we do Eliot

Rachel the fiend Slayer

Like bao from kof?
Bao-2001.jpg

He actually was my first though, others were Chris from KOF and the original Naruto

Chris-2002.jpg
3367-nfkykzwbei.jpg

Argentus

yall keep asking for a young boy and A) Chris Hansen is gonna start stalking this site and B) Team Ninja will give us Sanji,cause if they can reuse assets they will.

also no one knows jack shit about Eliot, in fact i think we know more about Bayman than we do Eliot
Nother side note. Whiz and Boomstick should do a Chris Hanson vs Pedobear Death Battle. Carry on.

David Gregg

Has been training as Gen Fu's apprentice since he was young and is like an older brother to Mei Lin (considering she calls him onii chan). Pre-4 (I think around the time of the third tournament) he meets Ayane and Hayate and at this point is very insecure and lacks any confidence in his skill. He then gets bitch-slapped by Ayane who tells him to grow a pair (love at first sight imo). He then enters 4 and again questions his skill and why Gen Fu chose him as his apprentice, confiding in Brad Wong who basically just tells him to go with it and not question things. Finally, in 5 Gen Fu tells Eliot to go on a journey in order to master the art of Xing Yi Quan. Brad joins him to help him with his journey (although I'm pretty sure he was in it for the free meals). Finally, at the end when Gen Fu witnesses Eliot defeating Brad he decides to teach him Xinyi Liuhe Quan because he finally mastered the art (in addition to having more confidence in himself).

Side notes he likes to play the harmonica and drink tea. His lucky number is 11 (seen on his hoodie in 4 and then on his soccer uniform in 5). He also has a crush on Christie's breasts and has a thing for the tsundere Ayane.

The only thing I'd like to know is how he ended up in China and why did Gen Fu pick him (or how did he find him at least?).

Edmund

Sorry very noob question as I'm still trying to learn doa and it's mechanics.

I know what a hold is (ie 4h to hold mid punches etc), but what is an offensive hold? is offensive hold just another name for a throw (p+h)? If not then what's this offensive hold about and what does it do.

Brute

Standard Donor
Sorry very noob question as I'm still trying to learn doa and it's mechanics.

I know what a hold is (ie 4h to hold mid punches etc), but what is an offensive hold? is offensive hold just another name for a throw (p+h)? If not then what's this offensive hold about and what does it do.
An Offensive Hold (OH) actually functions more like a throw, but it has "hold" properties in the triangle system. For example, Leon's 6T is a throw. Leon's 66T, however, is an OH. It will snag a blocking opponent just like a throw would, but it will actually beat out an opponent's strike, unlike a throw which is always beaten by a strike. However, this means that if the opponent goes for a throw when you go for an OH, the throw will beat out the OH and get HiC throw damage (150%) because throws beat holds, and thus beat offensive holds as well. If you do an OH agaisnt an opponent who attempts a defensive hold, you will get CH damage.

It should be noted, though, that OHs only beat a strike if their active frames activate faster than the opponent's strike (much like strike v strike). Also, OHs only work on either a standing or crouching opponent, depending on the OH (like throws). You may notice if Bayman does tankroll T, he will grab you even if you're punching. This is because it's an OH. However, if you're ducking, it won't connect. Additionally, you can use 2T and get a HiC low throw to counter his OH attempt.

Rachel the fiend Slayer

Well that depends... how old is Bao? He looks like a fully grown parrot and probably doesn't fit the "loli bird" type. :rolleyes:

He is 12, which means he would fit the loli catagory (although are little boys considered lolis?)

I think if we got someone who resembled a boy, it would be very interesting. He doesn't even have to look like a little boy/be a little boy, he could just have a boyish face and personality, dress like a younger person, and be limber with no muscle tone.

Another comparrison he could be like is CoolB from Xuan Dou Zhi Wang. He is 13

479px-Coolb_xdz-877.jpg

Juihau

Just a bit of a fun fact I'd like to point out. If you're in the startup or active frames of a throw, an OH cannot connect, regardless of whether or not the throw does. This is most noticeable against Bayman's tank roll OH; if you attempt a standing throw against it, both the OH and the throw will whiff.
He is 12, which means he would fit the loli catagory (although are little boys considered lolis?)
I believe the male equivalent of a loli is a shotaro, or simply shota.

Brute

Standard Donor
Just a bit of a fun fact I'd like to point out. If you're in the startup or active frames of a throw, an OH cannot connect, regardless of whether or not the throw does. This is most noticeable against Bayman's tank roll OH; if you attempt a standing throw against it, both the OH and the throw will whiff.
The AI actually uses this as a counter to Ryu's ongyoin 8T as well. Not that real players do that (because it's stupid), but something in the AI scripting tells them that if the player attempts an OH at any point in the battle, the AI should drop everything they're doing and immediately react on the first initial frame with a standing throw.

'Cause the AI is a bag of dicks.

Rachel the fiend Slayer

What about sheena? She's a punk rocker right?
Ok, there was my awful joke for the day.

Do you mean Shina from Bloody Roar? If so I don't think she'd classify as a punk, but I could see it kinda
ShinaHuman2BRX.jpg

I believe the male equivalent of a loli is a shotaro, or simply shota.

Oh thanks alot :)

Momiji-Baybee

I think if we got someone who resembled a boy, it would be very interesting. He doesn't even have to look like a little boy/be a little boy, he could just have a boyish face and personality, dress like a younger person, and be limber with no muscle tone.

Another comparrison he could be like is CoolB from Xuan Dou Zhi Wang. He is 13

479px-Coolb_xdz-877.jpg

Forget CoolB, DOA needs someone like Sheeva. Add someone like this to DOA and bye bye to whoever was in first place of prettiest DOA character.
Sheva.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD