The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawbietussin

Not all R3 games are compatible with R1 (North America) DLCs. You have to check the savefile or the product ID to identify the region.

My copy of DOA5U is R3 (and in English), but the savefile for it is for the JP region (say what).

Very odd. Does that mean you are able to play all Japanese games?

Decided to test it since I had some spare change on my US account and no, the DLC isn't region free.

On a related note, do we have any contacts with TN/Tecmo who can give us a timeframe on when the DLC will come out for the Asian region?

Back in Vanilla 5, we usually get DLCs ahead the moment Japan releases it (and sometimes a day after Japan).

Did another test, Japanese PSN DLC works fine on the Asian version.

It only works on your Japanese PSN account though?

d3v

Very odd. Does that mean you are able to play all Japanese games?
Only one game in the history of the PS3 is region locked which is Persona 4 Arena. People can play games regardless of region.

However, DLC is sometimes region locked. What we've discovered so far indicates that the region for the DLC in DOA5U in Japan and Asia is the same.

Rawbietussin

Only one game in the history of the PS3 is region locked which is Persona 4 Arena. People can play games regardless of region.

However, DLC is sometimes region locked. What we've discovered so far indicates that the region for the DLC in DOA5U in Japan and Asia is the same.

If that were the case, we should have had the 5UCE costumes on the PSN stores without the need to use a Japanese PSN account.

I tried accessing again. Somehow, I couldn't find the "new add-ons" thing on the PSN Store menu. Then I tried it again but this time, accessing it through 5U's menus (which directs us straight to all of 5U's DLCs). Nothing was there other than the Avatar Set 1 and the complete Vanilla 5 costume sets. The rest are an empty core fighters folder and an empty pop idols folder that doesn't have an image. :/

Crext

Standard Donor
Well, been playing DoA5U for 3 days now, and this is my findings so far:

The good:
Music choice!
Ranked Tag!
Plenty of hair customizing!
Possibility to see costumes you don't got at present.
Boob control! (DoA settings is best in my view, but great to have the option so some people stop whining) ;).

The bad:
Single Player Ranked is offline atm.
Time in tag mode is way to short, you time out all the time, even in games not particular slow.
33 command is broken, and you miss it a lot of the time
66tag hold also is somewhat broken and does occasional tag outs
236tag doesn't work in certain ranges or next to a wall (you will simply tag out).
Holds are VERY hard to pull off with lagg.
Overpowered tag combos, 1 hit as lvl 1 crit can cost you 80% of your life.

SaihateDYNAMO

Big merchandising on the homepage and Team Ninja Twitters but no outfits in the german, austria or UK store . I am very very disappointed with this service, every bullshit is in that store but we european DOA Fans always screwed by this bad company. Actually i am so angry to drop this game for a while.
wth
why are you going to drop this game over fucking OUTFITS.
this is part of the reason why DOA gets so much flak.

DR2K

Well, been playing DoA5U for 3 days now, and this is my findings so far:

The good:
Music choice!
Ranked Tag!
Plenty of hair customizing!
Possibility to see costumes you don't got at present.
Boob control! (DoA settings is best in my view, but great to have the option so some people stop whining) ;).

The bad:
Single Player Ranked is offline atm.
Time in tag mode is way to short, you time out all the time, even in games not particular slow.
33 command is broken, and you miss it a lot of the time
66tag hold also is somewhat broken and does occasional tag outs
236tag doesn't work in certain ranges or next to a wall (you will simply tag out).
Overpowered tag combos, 1 hit as lvl 1 crit can cost you 80% of your life.

I hit 33 all the time.

Very conflicting here.

LoK N Ki

I have no problem doing the 33 command either.
Tag mode is tagged on as an afterthought, it's not TTT2 where the design of the game literally depends on it. It's a fun extra. Though i can understand things like 80% damage combos can take the fun out of the game.

d3v

If that were the case, we should have had the 5UCE costumes on the PSN stores without the need to use a Japanese PSN account.

I tried accessing again. Somehow, I couldn't find the "new add-ons" thing on the PSN Store menu. Then I tried it again but this time, accessing it through 5U's menus (which directs us straight to all of 5U's DLCs). Nothing was there other than the Avatar Set 1 and the complete Vanilla 5 costume sets. The rest are an empty core fighters folder and an empty pop idols folder that doesn't have an image. :/
5UCE costumes aren't available on the Japanese PSN Store as well. The only way to get them is via the codes in the CE.
That sir, is a good thing.

Rawbietussin

5UCE costumes aren't available on the Japanese PSN Store as well. The only way to get them is via the codes in the CE.

I suppose it really isn't up yet. Even the full version of DOA5U isn't there yet. The Core Fighters characters may have been listed but it is unavailable for purchase on my PSN Store.

Brute

Standard Donor
I suppose it really isn't up yet. Even the full version of DOA5U isn't there yet. The Core Fighters characters may have been listed but it is unavailable for purchase on my PSN Store.
Have you tried searching with an American account?
DLC should carry over to another account on the same machine, so you should be able to buy it that way and still get the costumes with your primary account.

Rawbietussin

DLC should carry over to another account on the same machine, so you should be able to buy it that way and still get the costumes with your primary account.

Not yet. I'll probably tinker with the PS3 later and create an American account. All I got to do is set my region up to US right?

Brute

Standard Donor
I remember d3v said about the DLC not being region free when he tested out on his US account. Does that mean it's not illegible for transfer?
Not sure. I haven't really experimented with DL options outside the US.
This is only what I've heard. I have however tested out DLC costumes on a different US account on the same system and I can confirm those go cross-account, at least in 5 Vanilla.

d3v

US DLC does not work with Japan/Asian copies of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD