The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

dramic91

I would like to preface this post by saying that I'm slightly drunk (got the day off work tomorrow haaay)

You guys, I am currently in a lobby that is the epitome of what is wrong with the online DOA community. Or at least the PSN community. But seriously you guys. Seriously. It's like a National Geographic documentary. I feel like I've found a watering hole where all the different types of assholes meet. You got hate speech, absolute rage, kicking out opponents they can't beat, entirely unearned egos, etc. It's like the mother ship, y'all.

I was also called a "free Xbox player"?

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I would like to preface this post by saying that I'm slightly drunk (got the day off work tomorrow haaay)

You guys, I am currently in a lobby that is the epitome of what is wrong with the online DOA community. Or at least the PSN community. But seriously you guys. Seriously. It's like a National Geographic documentary. I feel like I've found a watering hole where all the different types of assholes meet. You got hate speech, absolute rage, kicking out opponents they can't beat, entirely unearned egos, etc. It's like the mother ship, y'all.

Sounds hot.

Xhominid The Demon Within

Why would Kasumi be wearing bathing suits, a Santa suit, gym clothes, and overalls?! (kappa)

Kasumi DOES have some level of life outside of being a Ninja unlike Ryu Hayabusa. Dimensions kinda proved that, so it's not absolutely out of character for her to not act like a Ninja unlike Ayane every hour of the day.

The real question is: did anyone ever care about P4?

I kinda do...somewhat. Like the new gameplay she tosses out, but I do agree Kasumi should have just gained that instead since it really feels like her Dead Fantasy counterpart.

And that's why you play the X360 version. More courteous players and while you still get that negativity(I didn't have a headset and I typed out that I was gonna do one more game and go, so when I lost to a tag team bout that was pretty close and I left the match, they started acting like I was salty and left), it's far more downplayed and people earn their wins.

Vigoorian King

Why people still think that Phase 4 plays like Kasumi? Arcade players were thinking like this 2 months ago and everyone was destroying them. In real fight P4 uses less than 10 Kasumi's moves, she must be relying on her own style to be played correctly. You guys should take a look at some new arcade videos, really.

TOBMAST3R

Any word on the updated "Home" Stage yet? I would really like to see it. Is it coming also with the patch like the "normal" Lorelei??

Well, hopefully it is something good.

Brute

Standard Donor
Any word on the updated "Home" Stage yet? I would really like to see it. Is it coming also with the patch like the "normal" Lorelei??

Well, hopefully it is something good.
That whole thing seems to have been a translation error of "home consoles."

I don't believe we will be getting a new stage.

Xhominid The Demon Within

Um, Hayabusa actually has a job. Like, a real job outside of being a ninja. And he's married.
And he goes rock climbing and fly fishing. And he dresses up like a log for Halloween.

Hayabusa has more of a non-ninja life than Kasumi does, imo.

1. We never seen Ryu even remotely doing the working schtick of his life since the end of DOA2.

2. Rock climbing and fly fishing? We've seen him do any of those at all? And Kasumi dresses like the Ninja Princess she is while Ryu...is a log.

3. You can't prove that.

Chapstick

The only life Kasumi had was trying to blend in with modern society so her family wouldn't kill her. Then she didn't have a non-ninja life in the 2 year gap between 4 and 5 because she was hiding out in Hayabusa Village (where the training garb of choice probably isn't a PE uniform).

TOBMAST3R

That whole thing seems to have been a translation error of "home consoles."

I don't believe we will be getting a new stage.

Ah, thanks Brute.

I think we would have heard something then. Well, I´m kinda sad that there´s no new stage on the horizon right now.

Jadeinchains

*Wakes up from slumber and goes on FSD*
"I wonder what amazing sight i might behold"
*Sees like 5 recolours for phase 4*
.......... * repeatedly slams head against desk*

Brute

Standard Donor
1. We never seen Ryu even remotely doing the working schtick of his life since the end of DOA2.
Ninja Gaiden OVA

2. Rock climbing and fly fishing? We've seen him do any of those at all?
Hayabusa's DOA3 Story Ending cutscene

And Kasumi dresses like the Ninja Princess she is while Ryu...is a log.
Yeah, ninja princess.
Normal log.

Hayabusa's diversifying while Kasumi is still being ninja-like.

3. You can't prove that.
Can't prove what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD