The GTA V Thread

First thing you'll do in GTA V?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chapstick

Thread for your excitement for GTA V, maybe some last minute news, and after the game launches on the 17th, your findings and cool stuff (maybe screenshots of your gameplay or interesting hidden landmarks or easter eggs? Just post anything GTA V-related.)

I mostly wanted to start this thread because I found this on tumblr and had really nowhere to show it to people here but a strong urge to do so:

tumblr_msx2yj5p6a1qlmnf4o1_1280.jpg

The black part at the bottom shows how big IV's map is compared to V. If that's real, it's so mindblowingly enormous I think there are parts of it I will never see even after hundreds of hours of gameplay.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
The first thing I'm gonna do is NOT buy the console version.

The second thing I'm gonna do is wait for the inevitable PC version months later with twice the multiplayer options, and a chance to play Grand Theft Touhou 5. I look forward to seeing the girls of Gensokyo modding it up in San Andreas once again...

AkaShocka

First thing I'm going to do?
Steal a car.
Drive on the sidewalk and hit people.
Run from the cops.
Die.
Redo.

Chapstick

The first thing I'm gonna do is NOT buy the console version.

The second thing I'm gonna do is wait for the inevitable PC version months later with twice the multiplayer options, and a chance to play Grand Theft Touhou 5. I look forward to seeing the girls of Gensokyo modding it up in San Andreas once again...
It probably would take a powerful PC to do this game justice. If this runs perfectly with no frame rate drops at 30+ fps on the consoles despite the massive scale and fine details, I will literally begin sobbing and give myself over to a higher power.

Gurimmjaw

Can't wait to play GTA 5 when I get it. Going for midnight release at gamestop. The first I will be doing is hijack a car, run some people over on a sidewalk and then get wanted by the cops lol.

Looks really fun so far. I was disappointed with GTA 4 since it felt like such a downgrade from GTA San Andreas. GTA 5 is looking to be the best GTA to date. Hopefully it lives up to its hype.

Also cow tipping looks funny lol.

Saber

EXCITEMENT FOR THIS OVER 90000000000000000000000000000000000000!

Sorry, that was weird. But who isn't excited about GTA V? I'm picking up my pre-order tomorrow! :D

Awesmic

Standard Donor
^If the game really is that awesome, then Grand Theft Touhou 5 is definitely worth the wait on PC months down the road. Can't wait for them Flandre mods. XD

UpSideDownGRUNT

if this GTA is anything like a mix between GTAIII and GTA SA I'll love this game. GTAIV is my least favourite of the 3D GTAs thus far game was boring as hell even with the DLC

Pokerking87

^If the game really is that awesome, then Grand Theft Touhou 5 is definitely worth the wait on PC months down the road. Can't wait for them Flandre mods. XD

Remember how scrappy was the PC port of GTA IV. I stick with the PS3 version, tomorrow i start a long journey in Los Santos.

Brute

Standard Donor
Still on the fence about this one. Traditionally I've never been a fan of the GTA games, but the accurate and extensive recreation of LA (a city I'm quite familiar with) and a multiplayer mode, that may or may not be crap, is enticing.

Dave

I'll probably explore for hours. I mean, in those types of games how can you not? So much to do you could get so side tracked. Can't wait.

PureYeti

I will explore and try to remember locations like I do each gta game. IV is the toughest one to remember by heart.

Chapstick

Has anyone that has the game noticed how easy it is to die? My bf was playing and he walked past this girl and bumped her a little bit and she pulled out a gun and shot him a few times and he died. Also it's like the pedestrians are set to constant hate mode. Standing close to someone or slightly nudging them initiates a fist/sometimes gun fight and if it's a gang member expect 10 people to come out of no where shooting at you.

Adamleelight

Has anyone that has the game noticed how easy it is to die? My bf was playing and he walked past this girl and bumped her a little bit and she pulled out a gun and shot him a few times and he died. Also it's like the pedestrians are set to constant hate mode. Standing close to someone or slightly nudging them initiates a fist/sometimes gun fight and if it's a gang member expect 10 people to come out of no where shooting at you.

Chapstick

Update- walked up to two guys and used the positive comment command. One responded positively and the other seriously called the cops on me. I think these pissed off pedestrians are a glitch.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD