The Hair Thread

And who knows? Ayane could've dyed her hair at a young age, or is it her official true hair color?

I'd of said it was naturally purple, Her eyebrows make it evident, see
DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round_ (2).jpg
DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round__1 (2).jpg

Kronin

And who knows? Ayane could've dyed her hair at a young age, or is it her official true hair color?

Of course, but lacking of different infos it's just logical to suppose that the most likely explanation it's also the right one, otherwise it should be legit to doubt about everything.

Ayane was showned us purple since like a child so it's very unlikely that a similar person could dye her hair, more living in an old ninja village with old traditions and far from the modern society surely avoid that such behaviors are only taken in consideration from the ones that lives there. For these reasons seems to me just clear that all the ninja that we see (Ayane and Raidou included) never did something similar. Honoka also being hinted to be the sister of Ayane and keeping a very strange natural hair color further confirms that Ayane is a "true purple" xD

Anyway what you said it's not completely unrelated to the matter: in Asian cultures (but to be fair even in Western ones with different extents) where usually the natural hair color is always dark, to have dyed hair color more lighter is usually synonim of rebellion of young age (something overall related to the few individualism inside certain kinds of society) and often can also be associated to delinquent people. Using as examples anime/manga works, it's not a case that characters as Eikichi Onizuka or Naruto Uzumaki, the first one a thug the second ostracized and brat, are represented with blonde hair. In Bleach this matter is explicitely expressed in the beginning of the work related to the peculiar natural hair color of Ichigo.

I'm pretty sure that the reason behind Ayane getting a purple hair color was just dicated from this reason, only that the designers based their decisions in a fantasy context: with a ninja village involved and with a child considered cursed, a blonde dyed hair become a natural purple one, and even the color of the eyes changes to a overnatural one.

PS: However in favor of your thesis has to be said that Ayane's hobby is the make-up xD

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

Well then Ayane is ninja-metamorphmagus.

Maybe Genra made her dye her hair with this flower we see plenty of time through the serie, in order for her to ignore the fact Kasumi was her sister. Otherwise she would just look too similar to Kasumi...

1435178063-ring-buoy.png

^this is true poetry

here's my theory on Genra having Ayane's hair turn purple.

He had a thing for purple haired chicks and his wife had purple hair (somehow) and wanted to project his love for purple hair into his more or less daughter.

also

Genra=Gendou
Ayane=Ayanami

If you get me you get a cookie.

Kronin

I'm sorry to destroy your absolutely stunning theories guys, but the prologue of DoA2U show pretty clearly how Ayane's hair were purple before Genra's decision to take care of her :p

here's my theory on Genra having Ayane's hair turn purple.
Genra=Gendou
Ayane=Ayanami

If you get me you get a cookie.

No! I like Alpha and Phase but not another clone in the roster! xD

I knew that, it's just so much fun coming up with theories as to why she has purple hair!

On an unrelated side note...

If Ryu told Kasumi to get in the fucking robot, would she just do it?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Can Team Ninja for the love of the universe please give this man Raidou hair. Anything. It could be a fucking Afro, a Mohawk or some shit because the scalp is looking bright in Zack Island and it's blinding me to visually hold these damn moves.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD