The lack-of-stagger-escape glitch poll

Do you think the glitch is good for the competitive game?

• Yes

Votes: 91 75.8%
  • No

Votes: 29 24.2%

• Total voters

phoenix1985gr

The glitch broke the sitdowns... Now you may not SE but you can hold the CB. Online at least i ve holded jahn lees cb after the sitdown jumping kick

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Clearly nobody's attacks are being slow escaped in 1.03. This whole discussion is about keeping it broken or not. I ask why it matters to Jan Lee players because his strings can't be slow escaped unless Jan Lee's inputs are too slow.

RyuJin

Clearly nobody's attacks are being slow escaped in 1.03. This whole discussion is about keeping it broken or not. I ask why it matters to Jan Lee players because his strings can't be slow escaped unless Jan Lee's inputs are too slow.

...have you been reading the same thread as me? You cannot SE most heavily stuns. You can still SE some stuns.

Lastly...no one's "strings" can be SE. Can you clearly explain what you are talking about. When you say "string" it sounds like a built in string. As in Jann Lee's p,p,p,6p. Again if that is the case no one's "string" can be SEed. They could not be SEed before the patch.

Omegan Eckhart

...have you been reading the same thread as me? You cannot SE most heavily stuns. You can still SE some stuns.

Lastly...no one's "strings" can be SE. Can you clearly explain what you are talking about. When you say "string" it sounds like a built in string. As in Jann Lee's p,p,p,6p. Again if that is the case no one's "string" can be SEed. They could not be SEed before the patch.
Perhaps he means Jann Lee's CB combo's can't be SE'd.

Raansu

All his CB setups are able to be escaped now. His sit down was nerfed so that fastest SE makes it a 20 frame stun. Since his CB is 19 frames and hits on the 20th frame, it is no longer guaranteed.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Except for when its glitched.... which it is.

Though I think more of Mr. Wah's problems with Jann Lee would disappear if they simply prevented dragon gunner from being a gateway into the stun game. He basically gets it for free right now and there's no real way to shut it down. It should align to a wall and give 66K, that's it. You wouldn't have half of these issues if that simple change was made.

DR2K

All this really does is allow lower tier character to do what top ones already can.

Eliot and Helena now have ways of landing guaranteed big damage combos that characters like Jann and Genfu already do.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
You know what, I rather have Doa4 style SE, than holds in stun. Atleast you can use proper counter setups with that. If anything, only allow critical holds in heavy stuns....that is the only time you are put in a true critical state.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
You know what, I rather have Doa4 style SE, than holds in stun. Atleast you can use proper counter setups with that. If anything, only allow critical holds in heavy stuns....that is the only time you are put in a true critical state.

You know damn well thats never going to happen with this game.

What we have in front of us is very real and quite tangible however.

Tokkosho

I say just make the max SE on sitdown to +20, that way everyone should atleast get a launcher. Ex. Elliot's 3KP leaves him at around +23, someone slow escaping could only shave off 3 frames at most so Eliot still gets his launch.

MasterHavik

DoA had its chance. Team Ninja decided to listen to the wrong people. All this will do is make it more or less enjoyable for the niche that will continue playing it either way.
Who are the wrong people?

All this really does is allow lower tier character to do what top ones already can.

Eliot and Helena now have ways of landing guaranteed big damage combos that characters like Jann and Genfu already do.
Zack can do it too. but it will be taken away by the gods of TN.

Batcommander

I'm really curious how this is affecting the other characters. I was incorrect about Lisa getting 115-130 damage on that turnaround stun move.

It is more like 170 damage, since the game doesn't count any damage you may have done beforehand(F+K is about 40 damage on its own). So her i18 F+K just became a glorified one guess god launcher that does more damage than any CB or PB combo total.

Any other grossly affected moves out there?

Scornwell

I sent a message to TN with the rest of you (quite a bit of people, happy to see.) This error is the closest thing we have to the game we actually want, sadly enough. If it stays, then a lot of things are dramatically changed tier wise, but I'm sure you guys will sort it out eventually. Who knows? Might even give the game the credibility it deserves in the FSG (I'm looking at you, EVO.)

However, I'm not exactly famous for being an optimist, and since TN has delayed the Xbox patch by a whole month just to remove that one glitch, I think you can see where this is heading. Quite frankly, this one error will be the say all be all of if I wish to continue playing this game at all.
Either way, I wish the best for all of us in our efforts. Does anyone know any other methods of contacting TN besides Twitter?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD