The lack-of-stagger-escape glitch poll

Do you think the glitch is good for the competitive game?

• Yes

Votes: 91 75.8%
  • No

Votes: 29 24.2%

• Total voters

Awesmic

Standard Donor
am i the only one here that doesnt know what "stagger escape" means? if ur asking if they should make slow escaping actually useable then i vote yes
No. I've been in the dark about that term for years.

Hell, I'm even considered insane by some people.

But I still approve of the glitch, 'cause I want some kind of viable reward for landing Christie's 3k (provided they actually put the sitdown stun effect in there with the corrected patch) vs. a panicked low hold or anything that's unsafe and leaves the opponent in crouching state on recovery. It's faster than her 214p, it tracks, and it can be JAK-ed off.

My apologies if my post sounds stupid to anyone, but it is my honest opinion.

MasterHavik

It helps out my man Zack. I got nothing to cry about...but this shouldn't be remove if this is what a sitdown stun was suppose to be in the first place.

Skilletor

Because this mean a guaranteed 70-80 damage after a sit down stun , thats why , otherwise it is guaranteed only 30-40.
Example Before patch: with mila , CH , 3PP (sitdown stun) , 3p ( launch) , p6pp, 6pp. ( total damage 80-90) . And damage is guaranteed after 3pp.
Example Now: CH , 3PP (sitdown stun) , 6P+K (guaranteed crit burst) , Launch, p6pp , p6p6p ( total damage 120-140). Guaranteed after 3pp too. it is 50 damage difference.
For mila the bug do not work but for many others it does , Ayane and tina at least from what i saw

This sounds good to me.

I really don't get the defense. You fucked up. You should be punished for fucking up. It will make you fuck up less if you get punished for fucking up. If the penalty for fucking up is you lose 140 points of life, you will play smarter to avoid that consequence.
To me it sounds pretty broken *because* some semi fast stuns are fast enough to go into sitdown stuns and then guaranteed critical bursts. Like with Ryu I see CH 6P or 3P into sitdown stun, into another sitdown stun into a critcal burst that ends in an untechable. We also have the new health and ground game to think about here.... So we are talking like over 50 percent health off of a poke that gives you a full juggle and leaves you at plus 20? Uh, yeah.

Doesn't it kinda make things too good again? The way you guys all hate Doa 4? So now when you get stunned and have to take at least a three way guess all for semi equal reward?(At least this would be in the attackers favor though) While I understand a meta will always be for the best option, it still seems like it will end up random as hell. Now it doesn't even matter what you can and can't SE because if you have a decent stun you pretty much can do anything you want. Hell I bet there are even stuns that are large enough to get a Power blow after since you can't SE.

There was guaranteed damage in DoA4. Oh wait, no, there wasn't. This is not at comparable to DoA4. This is THE EXACT OPPOSITE of DoA4.

Yes yes, but not this way, TN would have to really put thought into what stuns should be how deep and for which characters. All sitdown's shouldn't be inescepable. Just listen to what synce said. Inescepabla NH setup for 105 damage? 0 guesses? That's just TOO MUCH.
EDIT: Replying to Rikuto's and d3v's posts, mostly.

Zero guesses? You had a guess. You guessed wrong. It's why you're in the sitdown stun. Play better.

DontForkWitMe

exactly. this isn't a one way street guys, EVERY character is now capable of utilizing guaranteed setups from sitdown instead of just the cherry picked characters that already had access pre-glitch. THIS is what i expected from the game to begin with. i couldn't give a shit if lisa can take off 100+ points of damage from me off of one wrong mistake because i can do just as much with eliot now too when he didn't get shit meaningful guaranteed off of anything pre-glitch

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I voted no on the simple fact that it isn't the sit-downs i really care all that much about. It's the other deep stuns that I know I should be able to stagger out of that I'm not able to now.

For example, the match against Jann Lee or Gen Fu is 10x harder now that I am forced to guess a hold while in stun during their fast quick safe pokes.

MasterHavik

Before I head to class...I say this...thie glitch has given me a reason to rushdown more with Zack. And I feel this will give people like me others more working room to take an aggressive approach to our gameplay.

Omegan Eckhart

Sounds like the people who don't like the concept want a bunch of a ways to fuck up and want a back door out of it. That's just not how it works in on other fighting games =/
Wow so people don't agree with you so they are automatically scrubs? Maybe they just don't like how this change has been implemented?

Fuck, guess I'm a scrub then.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
The lack of slow escaping just makes the fast characters miles better than the slower characters. Taking away from another defensive option does not help this game. God, the amount of posts of people complaining about "random" counters would only get worse if slow escaping didn't exist.

shunwong

I voted no on the simple fact that it isn't the sit-downs i really care all that much about. It's the other deep stuns that I know I should be able to stagger out of that I'm not able to now.

For example, the match against Jann Lee or Gen Fu is 10x harder now that I am forced to guess a hold while in stun during their fast quick safe pokes.

I don't have a PS3, I thought this glitch only affected Sit down stuns and Back turned stuns. So there is no slow escaping at all?!?!?!?!

Ghosty-J

No. I've been in the dark about that term for years.

Hell, I'm even considered insane by some people.

But I still approve of the glitch, 'cause I want some kind of viable reward for landing Christie's 3k (provided they actually put the sitdown stun effect in there with the corrected patch) vs. a panicked low hold or anything that's unsafe and leaves the opponent in crouching state on recovery. It's faster than her 214p, it tracks, and it can be JAK-ed off.

My apologies if my post sounds stupid to anyone, but it is my honest opinion.

Same here. I've been playing DoA for YEARS and I had absolutely no idea what the heck a stagger escape was until I joined this forum 4 months ago. I'm all for the glitch since hardcore players have more freedom to experiment without the fear of guessing what to do next and the casuals can feel more at ease when on the offensive against an above average opponent. Not only that, Akira's very few sit-down setups are actually useful now!

But after taking into account some of the arguments disapproving of the glitch, I'd find it best if everything can be escape-able except for the sit-down stuns. Because let's just admit it. As overkill as it sounds, this makes the game tons better than it ever was. If the game were to be patched again, I'd much rather see a fix to the replay glitch than having such a beneficial feature like this removed for not being a part of the game's intentional design.

RyuJin

The lack of slow escaping just makes the fast characters miles better than the slower characters. Taking away from another defensive option does not help this game. God, the amount of posts of people complaining about "random" counters would only get worse if slow escaping didn't exist.

How does that make the faster characters miles better? They are faster so without proper spacing they get to start attacking first. Block. I'll say it again block. If they are mashing out strings sidestep.

Depending on the character you are fighting taking a throw is not a big deal. With that being said again block. When they are done with there string you can either punish or start your offense.

I am for SE from sitdown stuns not being added back in. What I would like to see is throw breaks. I'd like for any throw that is not punishment based or into a wall breakable. This would make punch throw less effective and buff defensive play.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I don't have a PS3, I thought this glitch only affected Sit down stuns and Back turned stuns. So there is no slow escaping at all?!?!?!?!

You can stagger escape some stuns but not all. Most of the stuns in my test that I found I could stagger escape were the light stuns such as a hi-counter blow jab. However, some of the deeper stuns you can't slow escape at all like Bass' 6P+K.

I'm saying that with it at its current state then the disadvantaged matchups for Bass and other slower characters are even more disadvantage because of the fact they are basically forced to guess even more now. Take for example Jann Lee, Kasumi, Christie, or Gen Fu. Most of their starting pokes are faster than the slow character's fastest jab, and specifically Gen Fu and Jann Lee have many lift stuns that combo into sit-down stuns. Gen Fu's 3P is a high crush that gives him enough time to react to a hold but you don't have enough time to react to the followup Punch which would guarantee 33P > 3P+K. Or Jann Lee doing 6P, P, or 2P, plus the fear of dragon gunner which can get him a P6P stun mix-up again. Not to forget his 6H+P 4P+K reset as well between pure guessing of a high jab, mid punch, mid kick re-stun into the same throw again.

In short, I guess my complaint is that there are too many options in stun now to logically determine when the sit-down stun attack is coming. For characters that can actually press advantage like Jann Lee and Sarah, this isn't a concern for them because they're trying to purposely attack to set advantage. For defensive characters it's another story as they already can't out speed attack their opponents but now must deal with an over abundance of defensive guessing to weather the storm and get a chance at setting a pace in their style.

Omegan Eckhart

I didn't see scrub anywhere in that post. Projecting much? :p
He said players who aren't in favour of it just want more opportunities to screw up and get away with it. What kind of player would you call that? Cause I would call them a scrub.

I simply object to being labelled as such as player just because I don't like how these changes have been implemented. Is that clear enough for you, because I don't think I can dumb it down any further.

Reactions: d3v

ScattereDreams

He said players who aren't in favour of it just want more opportunities to screw up and get away with it. What kind of player would you call that? Cause I would call them a scrub.

I simply object to being labelled as such as player just because I don't like how these changes have been implemented. Is that clear enough for you, because I don't think I can dumb it down any further.

Okay, pump your breaks dude. I was making a impression when I said "it seems to me". Majority of the ones complaining simply don't like it because we're able to get large scale damage off chainable unholdable stuns into CB. I'm use to other fighting games where if a player screws up they pay for it. Reading some of the opposing comments, some people didn't seem to like that concept. I didn't call anyone a scrub, you simply jumped the gun when all that wasn't even necessary. But w.e. It's a debate until someone feels like they've been offended -.-

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
How does that make the faster characters miles better? They are faster so without proper spacing they get to start attacking first. Block. I'll say it again block. If they are mashing out strings sidestep.

Depending on the character you are fighting taking a throw is not a big deal. With that being said again block. When they are done with there string you can either punish or start your offense.

I am for SE from sitdown stuns not being added back in. What I would like to see is throw breaks. I'd like for any throw that is not punishment based or into a wall breakable. This would make punch throw less effective and buff defensive play.
Their jab beats out your jab, stun cycle begins.

What are you worried about anyway? You already play a character that can't be slow escaped.

RyuJin

Their jab beats out your jab, stun cycle begins.

What are you worried about anyway? You already play a character that can't be slow escaped.

A jab does not do much of anything. How can Jann Lee's attacks get SEed any less then other characters? Keep in mind I talking about after the patch not 1.02.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD