The lack-of-stagger-escape glitch poll

Do you think the glitch is good for the competitive game?

• Yes

Votes: 91 75.8%
  • No

Votes: 29 24.2%

• Total voters

werewolfgold

I mean, in all seriousness, it's fine if people like the concept of stagger escape being impossible for sit down stuns. But, I'd feel a little more comfortable if it wasn't bad coding that was causing it. Because, who knows what else that bad coding will prove to do once more experiments are done.

So, there should be a new patch to fix the bad code. There shouldn't just be no patch leaving everything as is. If the stagger escape is changed, it should be an intentional move.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Well I would certainly like for it to be an "official" change as well. Recall that back during E3 we were pushing them to remove stagger from sitdowns, and add more sit downs in general. That feedback was not heeded and it led to much drama post-release as a result.

Now the people have finally gotten a taste of what its like due to this patch, and everyone is submitting that same feedback en masse. The only question is, will that feedback be heeded this time? Team Ninja is most certainly aware of the situation here. They've seen the thread.

It's just a question of which solution they choose to pursue now.

akhi216

Standard Donor
They should definitely consider keeping the glitch. It makes the game more competitive and enjoyable.

Raansu

I mean, in all seriousness, it's fine if people like the concept of stagger escape being impossible for sit down stuns. But, I'd feel a little more comfortable if it wasn't bad coding that was causing it. Because, who knows what else that bad coding will prove to do once more experiments are done.

So, there should be a new patch to fix the bad code. There shouldn't just be no patch leaving everything as is. If the stagger escape is changed, it should be an intentional move.

If you look at the history of fighting games, a lot of things that made competitive players enjoy the games more were glitches that added a level a depth to the game that was never intended to be there.

Gill Hustle

If you look at the history of fighting games, a lot of things that made competitive players enjoy the games more were glitches that added a level a depth to the game that was never intended to be there.

If I remember correctly the combo 2in1 cancel system from the Street Fighter 2 series was a glitch, imagine if they removed it. :confused:

Raansu

If they do update the game we should make a community ruleset to play on this build.

Won't happen because of "online play." We tried doing that with DoA4.0. While not great, that version was still way better than 4.1 patch, but no one was willing to play it.

Omegan Eckhart

Won't happen because of "online play." We tried doing that with DoA4.0. While not great, that version was still way better than 4.1 patch, but no one was willing to play it.
You know in BlazBlue Continuum Shift when making a lobby you could choose between version 1.01 and version 1.02. Choosing to play on the original version of the game or the newly rebalanced one, I see no reason DOA5 could not have this feature added in.

FakeSypha

People who was the chance to play it offline can remain with 1.03 'glitch edition'. Also, tournaments could be held on that version if the organizers agreed to do so. It could be hard to pull, tho.

On a semi-related note, I ordered the PS3 version just to have a taste of DOA5 with an actual decent amount of damage guaranteed situations. I hope TN goes lazy mode, so I can have more time to test and play it :D

You know in BlazBlue Continuum Shift when making a lobby you could choose between version 1.01 and version 1.02. Choosing to play on the original version of the game or the newly rebalanced one, I see no reason DOA5 could not have this feature added in.
That would be nice, but for whatever reason I don't see TN doing something like that. Sorry for the pessimism...

Awesmic

Standard Donor
People who was the chance to play it offline can remain with 1.03 'glitch edition'. Also, tournaments could be held on that version if the organizers agreed to do so. It could be hard to pull, tho.

On a semi-related note, I ordered the PS3 version just to have a taste of DOA5 with an actual decent amount of damage guaranteed situations. I hope TN goes lazy mode, so I can have more time to test and play it :D
No you don't Sypha... no you don't. Not the way it currently is now with Christie.

Remember those unholdable stuns we were supposed to get in those patch notes? Missing. You'd best pray we not only get that glitch kept, but the missing patch notes filled. Otherwise...

FakeSypha

No you don't Sypha... no you don't. Not the way it currently is now with Christie.

Remember those unholdable stuns we were supposed to get in those patch notes? Missing. You'd best pray we not only get that glitch kept, but the missing patch notes filled. Otherwise...
Let me dream, man... let me dream. Maybe there is something to be found with Christie in this patch. Some way to take proper advantage of the sit-down stun and other long 'unescapable' stuns. Maybe... :(

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD