The Official NorCal Thread

NOOOOO! MY MILA MATCHUP! Those are my favorite... Oh well, I'm sure I can't be the only Mila going to this.

Anyways if any of you guys are on PSN feel free to send me a FR for some games. The connection should be smooth as well. PSN - Kidvicious707.

We can even play some Mila mirrors if you want too lol.

thrust07

Yo guys, it looks like every one here is pretty spread out, and many of us don't have rides.

I talked to the owner of Game Center Arcade in San Mateo. http://www.gamecenterarcade.com/

47 South B Street
San Mateo, CA 94402

He's totally open to hosting DOA5 sessions whenever we can get a gathering date set up.
I know it's a trek for a lot of people, but it might be a good idea to get a journey to mecca going every now and again. Maybe once a month or so, depending on everyone's schedules.

CrimsonCJ

Yo guys, it looks like every one here is pretty spread out, and many of us don't have rides.

I talked to the owner of Game Center Arcade in San Mateo. http://www.gamecenterarcade.com/

47 South B Street
San Mateo, CA 94402

He's totally open to hosting DOA5 sessions whenever we can get a gathering date set up.
I know it's a trek for a lot of people, but it might be a good idea to get a journey to mecca going every now and again. Maybe once a month or so, depending on everyone's schedules.
Would be all for this especially once I fully make the move to the area myself!

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
It may be more difficult getting to San Mateo. I know that's pretty much by Hayward which is out the way for me. But we'll see.

Sixmsj

47 South B Street
San Mateo, CA 94402

I'll be there to support the scene if sessions are hosted.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Are there any trains that head out that far? I need to know the schedules of these things.

Well I know you can catch the Bart to Hayward and you can go across the San Mateo bridge from there. Maybe there is a train or something that goes from Hayward?

AegisOrnus

47 South B Street
San Mateo, CA 94402

If something's set up, I'll be there. I'll let my work know, I will get that day off regularly, I'LL BE THERE.

Well I know you can catch the Bart to Hayward and you can go across the San Mateo bridge from there. Maybe there is a train or something that goes from Hayward?
Are there any trains that head out that far? I need to know the schedules of these things.

Go to Google Maps, type in the addresses, click the option for public transportation. Hayward BART apparently can take you all the way to the Game Center Arcade.

Sixmsj

Hayward stops on the other side of the bridge. You need to go to the other side crossing to San Francisco and making a transfer once you reach the last stop.

NukNuks

I'm down to attend gatherings in San Mateo if someone were to organize one.

Does anyone want to get a pre-tournament offline gathering going a week or two before the San Jose tourney???

Amtrak.com
So basically I can go Richmond > Hayward (Transfer) > San Mateo? :eek:
Richmond to San Jose diridon station. Take CalTrain from SJ to San Mateo.

thrust07

I live in Pittsburg...
I really want to do some regular offline stuff. I live in Mountain View now and I have a job (Yay, I'm not homeless anymore and I have something of an income)...
I'm down to attend gatherings in San Mateo if someone were to organize one... San Jose.

Would be all for this especially once I fully make the move to the area myself!

Arright then, all of us definitely need to get a session going! San Mateo seems to be the most centralized location for us.
How does this Saturday, November 10 @GameCenter San Mateo sound?

Personally, I'd love to do this again on Thanksgiving weekend, but I'm pretty sure I'll be having family stuff going on.
Game Center opens at 3pm, closes at Midnight (usually at 1am if we go that long).

Sixmsj, You're right across the bridge. You got this, man.
Return of the Shadow, if you take Bart from Pittsburg, you could either stop at Millbrae (end of the line, about an hour ride) and I can scoop you from there. Otherwise, if Hayward is easier for you to Bart it to, you could get together with Sixmsj. I'm not going to impose upon him tho, just suggesting if you guys already happen to know eachother.
Aegis, Nuks: GameCenter is right in front of the Caltrain station! It's probably easiest for you guys to swing through!
CrimsonCJ, move out here already! ';)

thrust07

Damn, not gonna lie, bro. Your situation is tough.
I see it two ways:
Journey 1) You could find out how to get to Richmond Bart (end of the line)/El Cerrito Bart (I think it's safer here) and stop at Millbrae (other end of the line). I'd scoop you from Millbrae Bart which isn't that far.
Journey 2) You could find a way to get to San Francisco and take CalTrain directly into San Mateo. You're gold from there.
Alternate ideas: I'm not sure exactly where Greyhound runs from, or how much it costs. I see that there's a Greyhound in Fairfield/Suisun. That could take you to San Francisco, then hop aboard the CalTrain to San Mateo. Good luck, man!

P.S. Here's some tools for your search.
Definitely 511.org
http://www.bart.gov/stations/index.aspx
http://www.caltrain.com/schedules.html
maps.google.com

CrimsonCJ

Arright then, all of us definitely need to get a session going! San Mateo seems to be the most centralized location for us.
How does this Saturday, November 10 @GameCenter San Mateo sound?

Personally, I'd love to do this again on Thanksgiving weekend, but I'm pretty sure I'll be having family stuff going on.
Game Center opens at 3pm, closes at Midnight (usually at 1am if we go that long).

Sixmsj, You're right across the bridge. You got this, man.
Return of the Shadow, if you take Bart from Pittsburg, you could either stop at Millbrae (end of the line, about an hour ride) and I can scoop you from there. Otherwise, if Hayward is easier for you to Bart it to, you could get together with Sixmsj. I'm not going to impose upon him tho, just suggesting if you guys already happen to know eachother.
Aegis, Nuks: GameCenter is right in front of the Caltrain station! It's probably easiest for you guys to swing through!
CrimsonCJ, move out here already! ';)
If only I could move faster... hahahahaha. Not sure I could exactly afford room 5 days in advance. But I hope this kind of thing works out regularly, because I'd go for sure!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD