The Official NorCal Thread

Tokkosho

I'ma bump this cause i wanna see some activity, Daman you still planning on doing the offline play in Yuba?

NukNuks

What up folks I'ma hit you guys real soon with some info on a San Jose DOA5 tourney. I have a few surprises for yall so stay tuned. All you Sacramento greater area players I suggest you start saving up to travel to this.

CrimsonCJ

What up folks I'ma hit you guys real soon with some info on a San Jose DOA5 tourney. I have a few surprises for yall so stay tuned. All you Sacramento greater area players I suggest you start saving up to travel to this.

Hm... I may actually try and make this to show up and support. May the bells of good fortune ring with decent timing.

daman077c

I'ma bump this cause i wanna see some activity, Daman you still planning on doing the offline play in Yuba?

There isn't a scene here; I'm trying to get something going but it's very slow. Gotta get a tournament with at least two games up around the Yuba City/Marysville area, or something. With PowerPlay closing it's going to be a bit tougher; but it's still doable, I'd just need a bit of help with consoles; I can do the character unlocks (via save reassigning), and getting monitors is easy around here as well. Money is the only thing holding me back right now.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Just to give a heads up I'm having hard times right now, but hopefully by sometime next year I'll be in a good place in my life where I'll be able to hang out and get some games in with you guys and hopefully help organize some stuff myself. I hate DOA online, and I feel DOA5 is too great of a game to let the competitive community die because of an unstable online. So hopefully by time next year things will be kicking. Hopefully you guys in NorCal that can get some things done will do it. Offline is where it's at and it's time to show the FGC that we are fighters lol.

I use to help get stuff going for DOA4 and there was a lot of no shows. I hope people will be taken it more seriously. Californians are known for showing how competitive fighting games are. I think DOA5 definitely deserves the same.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
If anybody down we should get a online NorCal lobby going this weekend for those with the game on ps3.

Tenren

running a SoCal stream but if anyone wants in msg me, Its on now and will prolly be running it most of the weekend twitch.tv/tenren

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor

CrimsonCJ

Hopefully I can make it to this. I'm definitely going to try. We'll see what's up by then.

Later today I'm going to host a lobby for NorCal players(SoCal players are welcome as well). It will be private so if you're interested you can post here, and/or add me on PSN if you haven't already.
Make it a habit and I'll keep showing up! (Out this weekend, though)

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Boo you for only being on xbl. If I had an xbox right now I would want in. But I'll at least be watching.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Is there a possible spot for NorCal players to meet up at regularly(every 2 weeks, or once a month) to play DOA? This could be good to get used to playing offline more competitively and possibly get more people into the game.

NukNuks

Is there a possible spot for NorCal players to meet up at regularly(every 2 weeks, or once a month) to play DOA? This could be good to get used to playing offline more competitively and possibly get more people into the game.

I'm open to setting time aside for offline casuals/get togethers often. Only problem is I'm not mobile so I'm not really available to leave SJ too much to meet up for casuals. To make things crystal clear, anyone interested in offline casuals in San Jose just needs to message me and we'll work out a date. I'm down to play an offline sesh or two before the December 1st SJ tournament.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD