The Official SoCal DOA Thread

JINXHAND

I'm going out on a limb here, if anyone who lives in Southern California and are looking for local comp. I guess online matchmaking can be done here as well to help the latency of the netcode...

If you have sessions in your area, places that are willing to hold DOA sessions, or are simply just a DOA player in SoCal looking for comp in some form (offline/online), post up!!!

I currently live in San Diego, and I currently do offline sessions for KOF (and hopefully VF5) in my area, but am willing to hold sessions for DOA if there's people willing to come... Post up if you're interested...

Tenren

there is a good chance I might be moving to SD some time in April till then im stuck in KS lol

Keylay

I'm in Pasadena but I haven't played DOA in a long time. I started going to a meetup group recently and they play different games but I play mostly Street Figther 4 and MvC3 with them. They have a few setups so people can play DOA too. I go there instead of Wednesday Night Fights because I would get owned there.

JINXHAND

It would be nice to see some players in the 2D FGC jump onto this game... I'm kinda responsible for the KOF scene down here in SD, and I'm starting to branch out to VF and a few other games to "open people's eyes" down here, that there's more than MvC3 and SF... Eventually I'd like to get people interested in DOA5, 'cause I know it's gonna be harder to get people interested in the previous installment (the same thing happened with KOF)...

Anyway, sessions are being held here at Comic Odyssey in San Diego... We're doing KOF, Capcom games, and Soul Calibur 5, but I'm coming in earlier to showcase other fighting games worth playing, and doing some VF tutorials... If anyone is available, post up and let me know. Here's the address for those interested:

3400 E 8th St # 106
National City, CA 91950
(619) 479-0965

$3 for house fee, and they also sell soda and chips for like a dollar... Aside from that, bring your A-game...

Keylay

Anybody in the Los Angeles area want to play the DOA5 demo? There's video game meetup this Saturday at the Microsoft store and they'll also have VF5, SC5, DOA4 and whatever other fighting games people bring.

JINXHAND

Oh snap!!! You guys need to host that stuff down here... There's a Microsoft store in our area that does the same thing, but they've been pushing Capcom games so far... You have connections to get that started???

Keylay

I've only been to one of their meetups. Most of them play shooters but a few of them play UMVC3 and SF4. But they mentioned on this meetup that DOA4 will be one of the games so I'll see how it goes.

JINXHAND

Hopefully something good comes out of that... I know it's DOA4 and all, but DOA3 is backwards compatible... Is there a way to convince them to play that perhaps??? A man can only dream...

Hey Tenren, are you in the area now???

Talim JP

Leifang practitioner
Premium Donor
GL to ya guys- I'm from the San Gabriel valley (Temple City)!

If I was there I'd join.

ikodomo

I would join today if not for the UFC and boxing events going on today. We should try to set up a meet up next week or this month if anybody is interested.

Keylay

There was only three people confirmed for the meetup so the organizer cancelled it. I would be down for something next week or whenever.

ChampTang

Hey I'm thinking about hosting casuals just to get people together for DOA5.

What do you guys prefer: DOA4 or the DOA5 demo?

Also, are you guys mostly 360 or ps3?

I had a 360 but sold it for ps3 so I'll be getting DOA5 on ps3.

ChampTang

ah ok. Yeah I'm talking to a card shop right not at bellflower to hopefully host casuals and tourneys as soon as July.

I can bring 2 doa4 setup with the asus monitor and everything.

I wonder where most of the doa players are in socal.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD