DOA5U The Official Tier List with Discussion Thread

ninjaguy446

May I ask how Helena has gotten to A Tier. Wasn't she fairly low in DOA5?
Lol you must have been gone for a long time. People thought Helena was bad at first in Vanilla DOA5 but then BlackMamba discovered her psuedo force techs. Add that to her insane mixup capabilities and how she uses the stun game; she's definitely up there in terms of tiers.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Ayane doesn't need 6P or 6K in this match up at all, unless she gets a critical stun. Neutral P and 2P are more than enough to keep him defensive and in check. If he tries holding one, he's open to 6P and 6K then.

Really? Poor Bass then... Lol. Can this apply to any character slower than Ayane?

Codemaster92163

Who thinks the Christie v Pai matchup is 5-5? Pai has the same issues as Kokoro in that her tracking is almost nonexistent, especially considering her strings are mostly highs, making Christie incredibly difficult to hit sometimes. Christie also has a higher damage output, similar speed (but with the added benefit of more mix-up), and better evasiveness. Pai has better throws, counters, and lows, but that doesn't make much of a diffference. It should be 6-4 in Christie's favor.

The Mila v Pai and Rig v Pai matchups should both be about 5-5, though Mila v Pai could potentially be 4-6 now due to things we've found out with Pai.

synce

Who thinks the Christie v Pai matchup is 5-5? Pai has the same issues as Kokoro in that her tracking is almost nonexistent, especially considering her strings are mostly highs, making Christie incredibly difficult to hit sometimes. Christie also has a higher damage output, similar speed (but with the added benefit of more mix-up), and better evasiveness. Pai has better throws, counters, and lows, but that doesn't make much of a diffference. It should be 6-4 in Christie's favor.

The Mila v Pai and Rig v Pai matchups should both be about 5-5, though Mila v Pai could potentially be 4-6 now due to things we've found out with Pai.

I agree that Pai vs Christie should be in Christie's favor.

Also I'm not sure who gave Pai all those 6-4's but I disagree with most of them. 1.05's Pai is a solid mid tier AT BEST.

Codemaster92163

All of those matchups (save for the 5 newest characters) were discussed by Allan Paris and myself, and unless he's changed his mind on some of them, we agree with most of what's there.

Pai's not a bad character. You have to work hard with her to win, but that doesn't put her at an overall disadvantage with the cast. She has the speed and crushing to deal with most of the cast, in addition to a few other pluses here and there.

Again, she can be difficult to win with, and the person using her has to make quite a few correct guesses, but overall, she's still pretty good.

I don't agree with the Mila/Rig/Ein/Christie MUs, though.

Brute

Standard Donor
Pai's amazing the minute you get someone with a brain behind the controller.

Codemaster92163

Because it's true =P that's why we say it. I mean, all characters have problems, but, well quick example. Rig players know he has a few problems, but since everyone thought he was so bad, they explain that he's actually really good. Pai players know she has a few problems, but since everyone thinks she's amazing, we have to explain that she's just rather good xD

In no way is she a bad character, but she's not as good as people often give her credit. Zack is the opposite story xD

Brute

Standard Donor
Because it's true =P that's why we say it. I mean, all characters have problems, but, well quick example. Rig players know he has a few problems, but since everyone thought he was so bad, they explain that he's actually really good. Pai players know she has a few problems, but since everyone thinks she's amazing, we have to explain that she's just rather good xD

In no way is she a bad character, but she's not as good as people often give her credit. Zack is the opposite story xD
Everyone says their character is really hard to use and has a plethora of weaknesses and requires a brilliant chap to use them competently. When that is applied to every situation (in this case, characters), it is no longer a variable, but a constant, and not really worthy of repeated addresses given its inherent application.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Well most people that can deal with her speed & pressure, and can comfortable zone her out (like, well, Ayane for example...) can screw her over since she almost always has to fight in order to get greater damage.

Brute

Standard Donor
Well most people that can deal with her speed & pressure, and can comfortable zone her out (like, well, Ayane for example...) can screw her over since she almost always has to fight in order to get greater damage.
True. What I said is also true.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD