The official Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown thread

Argentus

So I accidently bought this...and...ehm....meh?

It's not that I dislike the game, but maybe I haven't played it enough, but while I do so love Vanessa and Eileen...the game feels too sluggish to me. Is that just newcomer syndrome, or what?

Jyakotu

Standard Donor

It's not that I dislike the game, but maybe I haven't played it enough, but while I do so love Vanessa and Eileen...the game feels too sluggish to me. Is that just newcomer syndrome, or what?
Compared to previous VF titles, VF5: Final Showdown is actually the fastest VF game IMO. Once you learn the mechanics, you'll see just how fast the game can be.

IcKY

Definitely newcomers blues, eventually you'll get the hang of getting movement down with dashes, crouch dashes, and offensive moves for positioning like all things it takes time, try looking for Japanese players that use your characters for examples

Argentus

Definitely newcomers blues, eventually you'll get the hang of getting movement down with dashes, crouch dashes, and offensive moves for positioning like all things it takes time, try looking for Japanese players that use your characters for examples

Okay well...i'm not a fast mover in fighters. I tend to be stationary, zoning, let the opponent come to me and counterattack. Been using Vanessa, and she works fairly well for that, but not for Eileen, obviously.

Just not sure that playstyle is really suited to Virtua Fighter . And I'm not sure that is a good (or bad) thing yet.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I got these dorky figures today:

BdT6z06CUAA0KJZ.jpg:large

BdT68gQIYAAmdtq.jpg:large

BdT8qhfCIAEXusV.jpg:large

And they come with 19 year old candy!

BdT9rkaCcAAFCfK.jpg:large

IcKY

Okay well...i'm not a fast mover in fighters. I tend to be stationary, zoning, let the opponent come to me and counterattack. Been using Vanessa, and she works fairly well for that, but not for Eileen, obviously.

Just not sure that playstyle is really suited to Virtua Fighter . And I'm not sure that is a good (or bad) thing yet.
Being stationary and defensive could work in aoi/vanessas favor since it will make your opponent come to you to make initial strikes But, in vf ring placement can make or break a round for you.

Oh your near a wall? Wall stagger, splat, now your watching yourself Get wall comboed
Oh your near the edge? Catch throw, carry combo, now your outside the ring.

These can happen and will happen against opponents who fully utilize the ring and aware of their positioning, ask seikuken ;) lol

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Being stationary and defensive could work in aoi/vanessas favor since it will make your opponent come to you to make initial strikes But, in vf ring placement can make or break a round for you.

Oh your near a wall? Wall stagger, splat, now your watching yourself Get wall comboed
Oh your near the edge? Catch throw, carry combo, now your outside the ring.

These can happen and will happen against opponents who fully utilize the ring and aware of their positioning, ask seikuken ;) lol

Any super duper awesome tips to play Brad Burns? :cool:

IcKY

Any super duper awesome tips to play Brad Burns? :cool:
Sadly no, im no brad expert, but i suggest you research a player named ChinoBrad, arguably the best brad in the world. Brad is a high damage character with a ton of great moves and mix ups that lead to 45% damage combos, some say he's in the top 6 chars

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Well, Virtua Fighter 20th Anniversary website updated once again, this time with 3 videos. 2 of them are different intros for the Arcade version of Virtua Fighter 4 and the gameplay of it.

Also, interviews with Katsuya Terada and Hirokazu Hamamura on Virtua Fighter's 20th Anniversary.

Tricky

Hi folks. I'm writing Eileen's Wiki page at the moment (as are a lot of the other character content managers) and I wanted to reach out to the players here. 1st of all I wanted to let ya'll know Eileen and other characters will soon have highly detailed information about how to play with them. That should help a lot of people out. The second thing is I have a question for you all. What would you want to know about Eileen? What kinds of things would make it easier for you to play with her and what is it that would help you best. Like what's some questions you have or things You would like to see on a wiki page about her. I'm going for a really broad base of input so that players from all skill levels and from different games can get a handle about how to use her.

So yeah, what's your wish list of things you'd want to see in an Eileen wiki page written by me?

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jyakotu said:
Compared to previous VF titles, VF5: Final Showdown is actually the fastest VF game IMO. Once you learn the mechanics, you'll see just how fast the game can be.

-Oh, oh no lol. VF5FS is far from being the fastest VF. VF2 followed by VF4/EVO are the fastest VF's. Shit DOA's whole fast paced momentum is based all on VF2. I swear the DOA Series is the true chiled to VF's VF2. Now matter how good(DOA2/3.1/5/5U) or how bad (DOA4/4.1), the series always utilized that VF2 flow!

-I never understood why the VF team didn't just stick with that formula! They got back to it perfectly with VF4/EVO, but kinda lost it with VF5 and on.

IcKY

Hi folks. I'm writing Eileen's Wiki page at the moment (as are a lot of the other character content managers) and I wanted to reach out to the players here. 1st of all I wanted to let ya'll know Eileen and other characters will soon have highly detailed information about how to play with them. That should help a lot of people out. The second thing is I have a question for you all. What would you want to know about Eileen? What kinds of things would make it easier for you to play with her and what is it that would help you best. Like what's some questions you have or things You would like to see on a wiki page about her. I'm going for a really broad base of input so that players from all skill levels and from different games can get a handle about how to use her.

So yeah, what's your wish list of things you'd want to see in an Eileen wiki page written by me?
Detailed nitaku setups :3 w/options listed

Tricky

Detailed nitaku setups :3 w/options listed

I was going to do something on this but I'll go into even more detail and make it more clear since it's something you mention. Getting feedback like this really helps me decide what to focus on first with her explanations.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD