The official Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown thread

IcKY

Puño de Leyenda

^There's my buddy Icky! The tourney will be awesome and for those of you that are just getting into VF or deciding on playing it more-It'll be a great way to get introduced to the online community! I won't be there myself, as I'll be in an offline DOA tourney that day, but if you are able to do so-Go for it!

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
1461869_634936846570136_306606796_n.jpg

The Evolution of Akira Yuki

Puño de Leyenda

While I'm at it-More random VF vids! This time, videos of VF's elusive "story mode"...In a pachinko game of all places! Enjoy!:

Jacky/Sarah Story:

What are the 2 tracks called that are played on Jacky's? I could of sworn I heard them before..I must know. It's 10:35 - 10:52 and the other one is from 11:30 - 12:12.

Ah-ha! Found one of em-Enjoy!

Andddddd at long last, the other song has been found-Enjoy!:

Ghosty-J

A little late with the update since I went offline for a while. Anyway, I decided to take on the task of clearing all of License Challenge over again on Hard Mode. The AI is starting to give me a run for my money. It's challenging, but at the same time not cheap *coughdoacough*. I made it halfway at this point. Completing 60 rose my class up to SUPER and 75 boosted my class to EXPERT. The next class is at 100, so I should rank up by the time I complete all of Hard Mode over again.

It's taking me a little while since I felt compelled to chase after the platinum trophy for Bayonetta for some reason. Which I managed to win by the way : D Now I'm doing the same for Lollipop Chainsaw as I still have a few trophies left to earn on there. I'll get back to VF eventually! Then again it just further halts my return to DoA5U. This is quite a pickle :U

Hey guys, I've been organizing a Vf5 PSN tourney called Poverty cup, its on Dec.15, a purely just for fun event,no entrants fee at all the winner gets a $20 psn card, if your interested in playing the full details are in the thread made on vfdc
http://virtuafighter.com/threads/vf-poverty-cup-vol-1-psn-na-netplay-tourney-12-15-2013.18419/

Theres a link to the challonge sign up page on that thread, if there's interest ill organize a doa net tourney as well!
WELL HOTDOG! Sign me up :3

Puño de Leyenda

A little late with the update since I went offline for a while. Anyway, I decided to take on the task of clearing all of License Challenge over again on Hard Mode. The AI is starting to give me a run for my money. It's challenging, but at the same time not cheap *coughdoacough*. I made it halfway at this point. Completing 60 rose my class up to SUPER and 75 boosted my class to EXPERT. The next class is at 100, so I should rank up by the time I complete all of Hard Mode over again.

It's taking me a little while since I felt compelled to chase after the platinum trophy for Bayonetta for some reason. Which I managed to win by the way : D Now I'm doing the same for Lollipop Chainsaw as I still have a few trophies left to earn on there. I'll get back to VF eventually! Then again it just further halts my return to DoA5U. This is quite a pickle :U

WELL HOTDOG! Sign me up :3

lol That's awesome! What would you say is the best license challenge so far aside from Dural?

Ghosty-J

lol That's awesome! What would you say is the best license challenge so far aside from Dural?
It definitely has to be the Special Rules challenges with half gravity and attacks canceling into one another. The latter really does it for me since you can pull off some really cool combos out of nowhere. If only it were set as a system option outside of License Challenge, it would make for some hilarious party moments XD

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
So the Virtua Fighter 20th Anniversary website has been updated once again. Here are some new additions:

• Intro for Virtua Fighter 2 and 2.1 (plus gameplay videos from VF and VF2)
  • Interview w/ Yu Suzuki
  • Asapon Kumite Event
  • For the DOA5 Ultimate Core Fighters Owners: Akira, Jacky, Sarah, and Pai are free to use from 12/14-12/24.
  • Virtua Fighter music from the entire series is now available on iTunes.

Last edited:

Puño de Leyenda

It definitely has to be the Special Rules challenges with half gravity and attacks canceling into one another. The latter really does it for me since you can pull off some really cool combos out of nowhere. If only it were set as a system option outside of License Challenge, it would make for some hilarious party moments XD

Nice! I agree with you on that-It should definitely be available outside of that mode! lol

Oh yea, I also left out one detail: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...kira-joins-dengeki-bunko-fighting-climax-game

Akira Yuki is the Boss Character.

No surprise there-Akira is a boss. :akira:

Last edited:

Ghosty-J

Welp, I finally got Bayonetta's and Lollipop Chainsaw's Platinum trophies! Now to make my way back to Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown, clear those last 25 Hard trials, then make my way back to DoA5U.

Also, I really wanted to enter that PSN tourney, but I play on Wireless. So I had to skip it : (

Puño de Leyenda

Welp, I finally got Bayonetta's and Lollipop Chainsaw's Platinum trophies! Now to make my way back to Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown, clear those last 25 Hard trials, then make my way back to DoA5U.

Also, I really wanted to enter that PSN tourney, but I play on Wireless. So I had to skip it : (

Awesome-let us know if you find anything else cool in the trials!

About the tourney-It's cool bro-There'll be a Vol. II!

As for me, I wasn't able to make it to the DOA tourney today, so I wound up making it to The Poverty Cup-It was an awesome event!

If you guys wanna check out the archived stream(From the beginning of the loser's bracket onward), head over to Icky's twitch page:
http://www.twitch.tv/icky99/profile/pastBroadcasts

And as mentioned, for those that didn't enter, there will be a Vol. II! So join up if you can and enjoy some VF! :)

Last edited:

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Been playing VF5FS lately and I've gone back to using Aoi as my main. She's kind of tricky to use, but her defensive tools are just so amazing. So many reversals.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Don't forget: this Thursday is the roundtable discussion on Virtua Fighter 20th Anniversary.

Also, Virtua Fighter music is now available to download on iTunes and Amazon MP3. Get it now!

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
After getting VF5FS years ago on PS3 for free, I now have it on my most active system; and for only 3.70. I went in with Pai and won ten matches in a row. It felt good to be able to properly force tech my opponent.

Now what's this round table thing about? Finally a new VF?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD