The Scrolls of Tenjinmon: Kasumi's Gameplay Thread

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Kasumi (I think) has a better defensive gameplan than an offensive 1. Just can't sit still a lot waiting for an opening or you're a dead man walking. I still think she's 1 of the better characters on the game but not like DOA4. If she's in the right player's hands, she's a monster.

Allan Paris

Kasumi (I think) has a better defensive gameplan than an offensive 1. Just can't sit still a lot waiting for an opening or you're a dead man walking. I still think she's 1 of the better characters on the game but not like DOA4. If she's in the right player's hands, she's a monster.

What?

Kasumi is purely an offensive rush-down character. If she had a "better defensive gameplan" then most players in here wouldn't be having an issue with characters who actually do have a defense when zoning. She is still just good as her Doa4 version, and the more I sit in the lab and break things down with her she's proving to be better.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
What?

Kasumi is purely an offensive rush-down character. If she had a "better defensive gameplan" then most players in here wouldn't be having an issue with characters who actually do have a defense when zoning. She is still just good as her Doa4 version, and the more I sit in the lab and break things down with her she's proving to be better.
You may know a lot more stuff than I do about her. Maybe I need to dig a little bit more deeper with her than I thought. Most of the time I use her defense to open up her offense except for the slower characters. It's good to know though

Murakame

When you guys have your opponent in stun do you use attack strings? like for example, stun the opponent and then do something like PP6K to get them into red stun then launch or do you switch up the moves you use to extend the stun like 6P, folowed by 4P then maybe a 6K or launcher?

Shinigamimatt

When you guys have your opponent in stun do you use attack strings? like for example, stun the opponent and then do something like PP6K to get them into red stun then launch or do you switch up the moves you use to extend the stun like 6P, folowed by 4P then maybe a 6K or launcher?
Both. Keep them guessing. Usually, I personally like to extend the stun. Just know, that that gives them more chances to guess a hold. In DOA5, though holds are nerfed good. You actually get punished for guessing wrong now.

In DOA4, it only took about 3 or 4 holds to win a fight. That's what made Kasumi so stupidly unsafe. Kasumi pokes for 5 damge. Hayabusa laughs and counters with Izuna for 90 damage. GG

That said, launches are always your best bet. The sooner they go into the air, the sooner guaranteed damage happens.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
You may know a lot more stuff than I do about her. Maybe I need to dig a little bit more deeper with her than I thought. Most of the time I use her defense to open up her offense except for the slower characters. It's good to know though
False alarm! Allan Paris opened up the playbook right in front of my eyes when we sparred! Anybody would be a fool to drop her. Her juggle combos are godly! I can't believe I even said what I said about my own main! What kind of loyal "brother" am I? Like I said in the last sentence (with the false alarm). If she's in the right person's hands, she's a monster!

Murakame

False alarm! Allan Paris opened up the playbook right in front of my eyes when we sparred! Anybody would be a fool to drop her. Her juggle combos are godly! I can't believe I even said what I said about my own main! What kind of loyal "brother" am I? Like I said in the last sentence (with the false alarm). If she's in the right person's hands, she's a monster!

Damn I need to see some of this tech. You're making me feel like I've barely learned anything with her lol.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Damn I need to see some of this tech. You're making me feel like I've barely learned anything with her lol.
Don't give up on her. I'm practicing right now & found some newer moves without having to use critical bursts, but I still need to learn more on the moves he showed me last night

Murakame

Don't give up on her. I'm practicing right now & found some newer moves without having to use critical bursts, but I still need to learn more on the moves he showed me last night

Lol don't worry I don't intend to give up on her. I love using this character. We should play a couple of rounds sometime I'll add u on psn.

extravagant

I fucking give up on DoA5 and mainly I give up on Kasumi.

This character is fucking trash, unsafe as fuck, shitty damage, shitty hp, and requires so much bullshit to know in order to use. Sure, she's fast. But being fast does not cover for the trash that she is.

At least in SF4 Chun Li was absolutely a dominant female character. she had absolute fundamentals and setups that would always be safer and more guaranteed damage/combos/setups.

For Kasumi, it is super risky, and most of the time none of it is ever FOR SURE or absolutely safe to do.

She has no diversity in her moves, all strikes tend to be fucking bland and boring. She sucks against Jann Lee especially, and she gets punished the shit out of everywhere.

What the fuck was Team Ninja thinking when they said "oh, she's the face of DoA." Face of DoA my fucking ass! she fucken sucks

gg Kasumi but as much as I like you as a character, you just suck balls

Murakame

I fucking give up on DoA5 and mainly I give up on Kasumi.

This character is fucking trash, unsafe as fuck, shitty damage, shitty hp, and requires so much bullshit to know in order to use. Sure, she's fast. But being fast does not cover for the trash that she is.

At least in SF4 Chun Li was absolutely a dominant female character. she had absolute fundamentals and setups that would always be safer and more guaranteed damage/combos/setups.

For Kasumi, it is super risky, and most of the time none of it is ever FOR SURE or absolutely safe to do.

She has no diversity in her moves, all strikes tend to be fucking bland and boring. She sucks against Jann Lee especially, and she gets punished the shit out of everywhere.

What the fuck was Team Ninja thinking when they said "oh, she's the face of DoA." Face of DoA my fucking ass! she fucken sucks

gg Kasumi but as much as I like you as a character, you just suck balls
You sir are tripping. Idk how she can have shitty health I always thought everyone had 300 health on normal setting. if it is indeed 300, ~30% damage from basic easy execution combos is shitty damage given how fast and dominating she is when played right? She is only as unsafe as you make her. If you play like a moron mashing PPPPP or use unsafe strings for pressure you will get bodied. If you are predictable you will get bodied. Learn how and when to use your pokes. Learn how to free cancel. If you get a counter hit strike in you can get as much as 110+ damage if you complete the combo. Critical Burst is even more rewarding and she can get to the threshold quick as fuck with 3PP and PP6K despite not being based on critical burst.

If getting your ass handed to you on a silver platter incites this kind of behavior from you then just stay away from characters that are not for beginners. Use Kokoro or something she seems pretty easy mode. Either way your mindset is terrible and you won't ever improve if you think like that every time things aren't going your way.

Kaigen

Ok so this may sound wired but I have a lot of issues keeping constant pressure on people using kasumi. If I'm being blocked it seems like no one has any issues finding when I stop my combos so they they can unleash there combos (I say it like that because I have the most issues with spammers =_=; ) and on the other hand if I do get them in a string stun lunch juggle, or 33 throw then I feel at a loss for my options to put then back under pressure.
Thoughts, suggestions for me? thanks

Shinigamimatt

Ok so this may sound wired but I have a lot of issues keeping constant pressure on people using kasumi. If I'm being blocked it seems like no one has any issues finding when I stop my combos so they they can unleash there combos (I say it like that because I have the most issues with spammers =_=; ) and on the other hand if I do get them in a string stun lunch juggle, or 33 throw then I feel at a loss for my options to put then back under pressure.
Thoughts, suggestions for me? thanks
6PK is a great poke at neutral. Safe on block since it pushes the opponent back. Mix it in with some of her poke strings to open them up.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
^ She's definitely not for beginners anymore. But with your mentality, you'd probably lose with any character.
To follow that up, she's NOT an easy character. For beginners, she may be straight forward with her basic combos, but if you wanna main her & compete, then you gotta know her inside & out. Once she gets mastered by a good Kasumi player, everybody that doubted her is gonna eat their words because she definitely a force to reckened with! Her juggle combos are godlike & add that in with the stage damages, oh boy!

Kaigen

I play against a lot of Bass and Busa where I am and I can't keep 6pk going on them they can make the reach after the move is done so if I don't have a good follow up I get tagged putting them on the offensive. I have tried using 6k had nice reach pretty quick likely not to be countered, I have tried 4 h+k not quite quick enough and limits my options for follow up again... Anyway my friends tell me that there is no reason that I should ever lose to Bass or Busa while playing kasumi and I'm trying to figure out why. I've been told then the pressure games the problem or just the I should be able to interrupt anything they do but I have not seen these things work out that way.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I play against a lot of Bass and Busa where I am and I can't keep 6pk going on them they can make the reach after the move is done so if I don't have a good follow up I get tagged putting them on the offensive. I have tried using 6k had nice reach pretty quick likely not to be countered, I have tried 4 h+k not quite quick enough and limits my options for follow up again... Anyway my friends tell me that there is no reason that I should ever lose to Bass or Busa while playing kasumi and I'm trying to figure out why. I've been told then the pressure games the problem or just the I should be able to interrupt anything they do but I have not seen these things work out that way.
Bass is slow character & has trouble with faster in-your-face type characters. That's prolly why he says you shouldn't. But you just have to be careful to avoid his crush moves. Busa is literally over the top. But you can beat him. Keep your distance. If you play up close, then you have to have good mix-ups. He normally lunges towards you with all of his moves. Even when he teleports & attacks. All you really have to do is sidestep him or just move around to avoid that, & he's vulnerable for attack.

Kaigen

To follow that up, she's NOT an easy character. For beginners, she may be straight forward with her basic combos, but if you wanna main her & compete, then you gotta know her inside & out. Once she gets mastered by a good Kasumi player, everybody that doubted her is gonna eat their words because she definitely a force to reckened with! Her juggle combos are godlike & add that in with the stage damages, oh boy!

I watched Shade swift-eye lol-minate (lol dominate) at Richmond and trust me he is one of, if not the best kasumi player in the US. but he is just that good he only used kasumi in his final, mach he rofl-stomped everyone else with ayane >_> and playing a few casuals with him he played hitomi and I could barley touch him. anyway point is that some people are just that good and could make any character look like the deadliest weapon. The cast has some pretty good balance this time around I I my opinion.

Shinigamimatt

Her 3K should beat out Bass and Hayabusa's attacks after the 6PK. I'm not sure why you're getting hit after it though. You can block after the attack if you feel an attack is coming.

Kaigen

Her 3K should beat out Bass and Hayabusa's attacks after the 6PK. I'm not sure why you're getting hit after it though. You can block after the attack if you feel an attack is coming.

My issue may just be that I'm not quick enough to the free cancel, because if you hit that next ( k ) too early you'll end up doing the 6pkk not very safe attack, I've always waited on the move to cool down before going into 6k so that might be whats making the gap I'll have to try actually hitting "free"/h then going into 6k.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD