The Scrolls of Tenjinmon: Kasumi's Gameplay Thread

Ridge

So, one thing I've been toying around with is teching people off the ground with 9k. No, this isn't guaranteed, but few of the force techs people are finding are. If I can get someone into stun and mix them up with pp2k, ppp2k, etc. I find I can usually use 9k to pop them off the ground and continue my offense, until they guess right.

From what I've seen it's pretty rage-inducing, and once you start conditioning people to expect the lows, you can begin mindgames with Kasumi's comboable low throw. Fun, fun ^_^

I like this idea of using 9K to force tech, Ive also tried using 2k also but Im never consistent with both. I tried testing when its possible to hit them while there down but I cant grasp what Im missing. Its almost random to me when I can hit them off the ground or not. Does anyone have a solid idea when its for sure possible to use 9k or 2k to force tech someone? I think if we find out guaranteed ways of executing a force tech with 9k or 2k with kasumi she will become very strong.

Allan Paris

Unless you are setting up one of her untechables in a juggle, you can't really force tech players. But her untechables brings in problem if you always do them or dont know when to do them with her.

You are not going to consistently force tech people because of the stupid ass ground game. If the wake up kicks get patched then you'll be able to keep up an offense.

Ridge

Unless you are setting up one of her untechables in a juggle, you can't really force tech players. But her untechables brings in problem if you always do them or dont know when to do them with her.

You are not going to consistently force tech people because of the stupid ass ground game. If the wake up kicks get patched then you'll be able to keep up an offense.

Yeah its more of a problem then anything trying to guess if I can force tech them with 9k or something like that. I figure there was no consistent way, hope that changes with patches also.

kerokun

Hi all.

I'm new to this forum, thanks for all the tips on Kasumi so far. I was playing DOAU before DOA5, so am still trying to pick up the ropes again. Unfortunately there are not many DOA5 players in my region, so most of my online matches have lag, since I am playing with people who are far from me.

Like to ask a few questions on Kasumi
1. What is a good combo after 33K launcher? I usually can only do 6P6KK which does not do much damage. Some people mentioned 33P 2P PP7K but I can't seem to get anything connected after 2P. (low punch?)

2. I am having some issues facing characters like Hayate, Kokoro and Brad. Especially Hayate, I have issues facing his jumping mid kick, low kick ad mid punch combo. Due to lag, I can't low counter hold his low kick even if I see it coming. For Brad, it just seems like even my mid punches and kicks misses him when he is in his sleeping stance. Any tips on how to tackle these characters online?

Allan Paris

Hi all.

I'm new to this forum, thanks for all the tips on Kasumi so far.

Hello, welcome to the forums.

Like to ask a few questions on Kasumi
1. What is a good combo after 33K launcher? I usually can only do 6P6KK which does not do much damage. Some people mentioned 33P 2P PP7K but I can't seem to get anything connected after 2P. (low punch?)

P+K6KK is the BnB for that launcher on any hit. You are always going to miss the juggle you are trying because the opponent will be too far away from you to connect the rest of it. Juggling from that launcher will take some finest because the juggles change from the type of hits you launch on (NH, CH, and HCH).

2. I am having some issues facing characters like Hayate, Kokoro and Brad. Especially Hayate, I have issues facing his jumping mid kick, low kick ad mid punch combo. Due to lag, I can't low counter hold his low kick even if I see it coming. For Brad, it just seems like even my mid punches and kicks misses him when he is in his sleeping stance. Any tips on how to tackle these characters online?

Since you are playing in lag it will be hard to deal with the problems you are coming across. I don't know what problems you are having specifically with Kokoro so I can't really tell you anything. For Hayate's cartwheel kick you have many ways of defending against it. You can parry it, hold it, SS, or throw punish it if it is free cancelled. The low sweep cannot be delayed as much as it was in DOA4, so if it doesn't come right after the mid kick, throw him. But since you are playing in lag you really can't properly deal with that setup that is being done to you.

For Brad Wong it will be difficult to hit him in his laying down stance but you have moves to get him out of it. 2P, 9K, 1P, 66F+K (use this only at range when approaching him on the ground), she has other lows that will hit him but you want to stick to quick moves. You will get counter blown (launched) being too slow to hit him out of it, so be aware of that.

Unless the mid is a true mid you are not going to pick Brad Wong up off the ground from his laying down stance.

If you have anymore questions on character match-ups, ask in the character match up thread: http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/you-cant-defeat-me-kasumi.1326/

kerokun

Hello, welcome to the forums.

P+K6KK is the BnB for that launcher on any hit. You are always going to miss the juggle you are trying because the opponent will be too far away from you to connect the rest of it. Juggling from that launcher will take some finest because the juggles change from the type of hits you launch on (NH, CH, and HCH).

Since you are playing in lag it will be hard to deal with the problems you are coming across. I don't know what problems you are having specifically with Kokoro so I can't really tell you anything. For Hayate's cartwheel kick you have many ways of defending against it. You can parry it, hold it, SS, or throw punish it if it is free cancelled. The low sweep cannot be delayed as much as it was in DOA4, so if it doesn't come right after the mid kick, throw him. But since you are playing in lag you really can't properly deal with that setup that is being done to you.

For Brad Wong it will be difficult to hit him in his laying down stance but you have moves to get him out of it. 2P, 9K, 1P, 66F+K (use this only at range when approaching him on the ground), she has other lows that will hit him but you want to stick to quick moves. You will get counter blown (launched) being too slow to hit him out of it, so be aware of that.

Unless the mid is a true mid you are not going to pick Brad Wong up off the ground from his laying down stance.

If you have anymore questions on character match-ups, ask in the character match up thread: http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/you-cant-defeat-me-kasumi.1326/

Thanks AP for the tips. Newbie question: What is a "true mid"? What are Kasumi's moves that are considered "true mid"?

Shinigamimatt

It was unsettling to find out how much I have to respect Brad compared to DOA4. Kasumi laughed at anything Brad did, especially if he used his sleeping stance.

Allan Paris

Thanks AP for the tips. Newbie question: What is a "true mid"? What are Kasumi's moves that are considered "true mid"?

A true mid is a mid that crushes high and low attacks. Kasumi does not have a true mid. An example of a true mid is Lisa'a 4F+K.

True mids are vertical - downward movs as 7k or 9k

These are not true mids. True mids are also not defined by an attack being "vertical".

It was unsettling to find out how much I have to respect Brad compared to DOA4. Kasumi laughed at anything Brad did, especially if he used his sleeping stance.

The only thing she had on his laying down stance was that she had an OH. Which made the stance pointless to use in general because the whole cast had them. If she didn't have an OH then like she doesn't now she would have to get him off the ground with the moves I pointed out given that I missed a few. like 7K or 1K, etc.

Shinigamimatt

The only thing she had on his laying down stance was that she had an OH. Which made the stance pointless to use in general because the whole cast had them. If she didn't have an OH then like she doesn't now she would have to get him off the ground with the moves I pointed out given that I missed a few. like 7K or 1K, etc.

True, but he's got some nice things now. Even without OH, like you said, she has everything else. Which was even more useful with DOA4's mechanics.

FatalxInnocence

A quick question, if the Kasumi player does :6::6::K::K: :5: :4::H+K: :5: :6::P+K: is that a free way into critical burst if both attacks leading into it are unholdable stuns? Seems a bit silly. I always thought the second hit of :6::K::K: was holdable. But I guess if it hits, it's a different story... I think I might go into training now and see if you can counter it now.

Edit;; Okay nevermind. :4::H+K: isn't an inescapable stun lol you can counter out of it so ignore me.

kerokun

A quick question, if the Kasumi player does :6::6::K::K: :5: :4::H+K: :5: :6::P+K: is that a free way into critical burst if both attacks leading into it are unholdable stuns? Seems a bit silly. I always thought the second hit of :6::K::K: was holdable. But I guess if it hits, it's a different story... I think I might go into training now and see if you can counter it now.

Edit;; Okay nevermind. :4::H+K: isn't an inescapable stun lol you can counter out of it so ignore me.

Thanks for the info, that confused the heck out of me. I read from somewhere that :4::H+K: was a unholdable sitdown stun, but after :4::H+K: my :6::P+K: can sometimes still get countered online

Dallas1088

I think it depends on which way the :4::F+K: connects. If it connects to their front then you get the sitdown stun, but if you connect it when the opponent is already hunched over and it hits their back then they go into the drop on their hands and knees, which is holdable.

phoenix1985gr

A true mid is a mid that crushes high and low attacks. Kasumi does not have a true mid. An example of a true mid is Lisa'a 4F+K.

These are not true mids. True mids are also not defined by an attack being "vertical".

Helenas bko duck is supposed to evade all but true mids, does that mean that kasumi cant hit her with any mid?

Allan Paris

Helenas bko duck is supposed to evade all but true mids, does that mean that kasumi cant hit her with any mid?

Kasumi's 9K can hit her while she is doing her lower duck. But Kasumi's 9K is low crush and it will not crush highs nor will 7K. So those moves are not true mids and again, Kasumi does not have any true mids.

Ridge

Alright so I was messing with force teching again and I noticed after a CB then going into 4KK I can almost gaurantee that this is untechable. At least I think Im testing it right. Im not sure if anyone has mentioned this before but just wanted to bring it up just incase. The problem Im having is utilizing my advantage after 4KK. Well I guess the hard part first, is landing a CB. But if you do manage to land it and go into 4KK she will use the second kick to hit the person on the ground for the force tech. A problem with this is that im forcing myself into a back turn situation. So this force tech kinda works and kinda doesnt. Lol I guess this would be a kind of pseudo vortex for her.

Im debating if im ever going to ever use this to mix things up in match. I can for sure gaurantee more damage after a CB, or cancel a wake up kick with 4KK. What do you guys think is this even viable?

Dallas1088

I dunno... if you go through the trouble of landing a CB, then just give up all the guaranteed damage for a pseudo-force tech I'm not sure it'd be worth it. Have you looked at the Vortex thread in the Kasumi section? Some very interesting stuff in there you might be interested in.

It seems like very few force techs in this game are guaranteed, so it'd probably be the better option to do something a little safer, or go with :4::K::P: into Kasumi's vortex :)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD