The Scrolls of Tenjinmon: Kasumi's Gameplay Thread

Allan Paris

Ohhh I see. That's too bad. The throw combo looks so badass to me. I'll probably throw it in there just to mess with somebody lol

If you do 66T and press throw again. Kasumi will teleport behind her opponent with frame advantage (+10). She is allowed guaranteed damage 6PKK, 6P2K, 6PK 66KK, 4PK then do whatever juggle you can come up with. There are untechable setups you can do once are back there. Look in the untechable thread for those.

If your opponent breaks the grab, then you get nothing everything resets back to neutral. You will know when the throw is broken because Kasumi will not teleport behind your opponent.

SenjuGkage

If you do 66T and press throw again. Kasumi will teleport behind her opponent with frame advantage (+10). She is allowed guaranteed damage 6PKK, 6P2K, 6PK 66KK, 4PK then do whatever juggle you can come up with. There are untechable setups you can do once are back there. Look in the untechable thread for those.

If your opponent breaks the grab, then you get nothing everything resets back to neutral. You will know when the throw is broken because Kasumi will not teleport behind your opponent.

Cool thanks for the heads up. I usually just follow up the 66T,T with another 66T from behind as soon as I touch the ground. I'll try those out.

JiYoon

Hey,

I'm kinda new to the forum but more importantly I'm fairly new to DOA (5 and in general), I've played the first one, just mashing button lol and I played dimensions and 4 but only to mess about with and never really learnt or even attempted to learn the games properly...

Anyway I am trying to learn DOA5 properly and get to a level that I can play it to a good level and be competitive within the scene. In Dimensions I used Kasumi an Kokoro (hence me picking Kasumi as my character), again I can't stress enough I never learnt to play them correctly just enough to have fun in the story and arcade mode lol...

I have a background in fighting games and can and do play some to a "decent" level. Anyway this was a pretty long hello and way to set up asking a really basic question and one that no doubt I'll get hassle over asking but here goes...

I've looked through a fair few bits of this forum, the combos section etc... and here (which is as close as I can find to a Kasumi general discussion thread) but I can't find or be sure of what her BASIC gameplan, BnB's and pokes are..

If someone could either link me to stuff that will be useful for me as a pretty much total beginner to Kasumi or even write me a quick list of 4 or 5 BnB's how to set them up and generally how to fish with her for openings etc... That would be proper ace....

If not and instead I just get hassle for asking such a stupid set of questions, then fair enough but I am honestly trying to learn the game and play it (if I get good enough) competitively like I do the other fighting games I play...

Cheers either way and err Hi :)

Murakame

I've looked through a fair few bits of this forum, the combos section etc... and here (which is as close as I can find to a Kasumi general discussion thread) but I can't find or be sure of what her BASIC gameplan, BnB's and pokes are..

Did you skip over the last page? I made a post that answers some of your questions and others have as well. With the way DOA is set up BnB combos can't be given from start to finish. For example a combo like 4PP 3P 6P+K 236P PKK7K 6P+K KK isnt going to work all the time because the first 3 hits can be held by the opponent. Instead its important to learn what your launchers are and what juggles you can do from them at a specific height. You should also learn the properties of your stuns. I'll get you started.

Recommended Stun Extenders:
H+K*
4H+K*
4P / 4PP
3P / 3PP
6P
P/ PP
1P / 1PP

The moves marked with an asterisk are unholdable stuns meaning once you connect with them the opponent can not do anything to stop your combo. Check the combo thread to see juggles for those moves.

Kasumi launchers:
33P
3H+K
4KK
236P

Here are some juggles after her launchers:
P+K 6KK
4PKK
PP7K P+K or P+K KK
PKK7K P+K or P+K KK

Keep in mind that most of your combos as Kasumi will be started on counter hit. She has few normal hit stuns and throwing those out in the open is unsafe. Kasumi in general is unsafe. Her only safe pokes are P, PP, 2P, and 6PK. 1P is also safe. Everything else is asking to be punished on block.

Allan Paris

There are other threads in Kasumi's sub-forum that will help you get started. If you have any questions feel free to ask in those threads.

KuRuPt

Premium Donor
Welcome to the FSD, JiYoon!

You've found the right place. The people here are composed of different skill levels, but we've all got things in common, such as the desire to compete, learn, and improve. And of course, we're all Kasumi fanboys/fangirls XD

JiYoon said:

Kasumi's most defining characteristic is her speed and mobility. She's also unsafe--most of her moves are punishable on block and she is lacking in range. Thus, she is best described as a pressure/rushdown character, who focuses on fast attacks and interrupting your opponent. As a rushdown character, the basic gameplan is to overwhelm your opponent and force costly mistakes either by using fast, confusing setups or by taking advantage of their impatience as they are forced to play defense for prolonged periods of time. By doing this, you severely limit their options and allow yourself (the attacking player) to force high-risk guessing scenarios.

You'll want to start out by getting familiar with her move list and their properties. Turn on move details in training mode and pay particular attention to the type and frame information. As with most characters, the basic moves are the ones that are most effective and will be the ones you use most often. Check out The Eternal Heroine's Top 10 Moves! for some of her most useful moves. For juggles and combos check out the The Art of Tenjimon: Kasumi's Combos/Juggles thread. In particular, check out Murakame's recent post which outlines her optimal juggles off some key moves. Besides that, go out and play some actual matches, have fun and experiment--there's no better way to learn.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Your speed will almost always beat out your opponent's options, but guessing wrong will leave you very unsafe. Whiffing will be one of your biggest points of concern. Basically, your goal is to never relent (hopping over downed opponents with 9P is very nice for avoiding the wake-up kick game and punishing their whiff, and should be used far more than 7P in similar situations). Since a lot of her combos have good mix-ups (see her various 2K trips from punch combos), aggression is usually rewarded. Only break your attacks to keep the opponent guessing. 3H helps for getting out of tight spots, as do her crushes. 4PP and 1PP are very useful. You're mobile, but you actually don't want to be caught too much in the spacing game. Keep in tight, where your speed will thrive.

Also, NEVER use 66T.

That's what works for me, anyway.
Actually, 66T is viable. Mash A/X which ever 1 you play, 6PK 66P 8K PKK7K 6P+K KK or KK7K KK... Or of course, KK7K 6P+KP (vortex if done right) PKK7K 6P+KP (Same thing)..

Also remember that you have to add 2 frames to any attack so :6::K: is actually a 17 frame attack. I remember I tested it out and I believe the kick will only hit if you're in open stance.

This seems a little unreal lol. Is the first 6K supposed to launch them or stun them?

I use :3::P::K: a lot against opponents that don't slow escape so I can reset the critical stun. I'll either do a raw :3::P::K: in anticipation of getting a counter hit or I'll stun the opponent first and then follow up with :3::P::K:. After it hits, I'll followup with:

:6::6::P::5::K::K::7::K::5::6::P::+::K::5::P::K::K::7::K::5::6::P::+::K::K::K: (Damage: 103)

:3::P::K: is +19 on hit and :6::6::P: takes 20 frames (18 + 2 extra) to hit. So just as the opponent recovers from :3::P::K:, they are left in a back turned state and it takes 5 frames for them to turn around. So when :6::6::P: hits, they are put into a new critical stun. So they have have to slow escape at least 5 frames to get out. You can also do :6::h::+::K: but that leaves you at +20 on hit so :6::6::P: might hit before they recover from the first critical stun. But depending on the stance, it requires an extra frame or two for the :6::6::P: to hit if the opponent is pushed away after :3::P::K:

I'll usually do it on people who spam low counters since that avoids :h::+::K:.
Wow... I'm just now seeing this lol.. PPPK 6K.. You free cancel after K then 6K then you can follow up with PKK7K 6P+KKK..

My bad for the late response lol

JiYoon

...Snip...

Thanks for answering my question and offering me at least a starting place for things to get down to memory, I really am grateful for any and all the help as I know (from many different angles) that its easy to just ignore someone new to a game you play.

So I'll really make sure I do get these things down as to not make your help pointless :)

There are other threads in Kasumi's sub-forum that will help you get started. If you have any questions feel free to ask in those threads.

Yeah I will for sure and sorry for taking ages to get back to people I've just had a lot on in "real-life" lol and currently my spare time has been taken up getting ready for a tourney in my area (where I won't be playing DoA as my main game obviously) so I've been working on certain areas of certain MU in a different game...

But as soon as I get more time I will be asking a lot ad hopefully eventually contributing at least something where I can ha...

Welcome to the FSD, JiYoon!

Cheers :) and also thanks for the basic gameplan breakdown, as mentioned above I really haven't had that much time to invest in the game but I will be. I'm kinda interested to see how my game style and general inbuilt gameplan mentality translates across to this game as I have a feeling I'm going to need to make massive adaptations. Which is a good thing for me as I always fall into a a set way of tackling all fighting games and and generally pick characters that are defensive...

Anyway cheers for all the replies from everyone and with any luck I'll be around here a little more often. When I get time with the game I will be back with questions :)

Cheers everyone and thanks for te pretty warm welcome

Ridge

Man I am happy with what they did with kasumi's 9K, I havent found super awesome stuff with it yet but has anyone tried experimenting with extending combos with it. I think it is viable to use 9K after a PPK or PPPK string to extend a combo with a ground bounce. So Im messing with these combos during matches

PPK 9K PKK7K 6P+K KK or
PPPK 9K PKK7K 6P+K KK

Its so fun to chase down a combo string with 9K :)

Princess Kasumi

So i took like one month break from doa5, started playing it again since yesterday.
Here is a replay of me vs an S+ rank Tina player.

comments please :D

Allan Paris

Well the skill level between the players here was clearly visible. You did everything right to beat out this player. It would be better if you showed a match where the opponent is at least at your skill level or maybe better. All this video shows is you picking a part someone that was not as good as you.

In this match you weren't really reading what the Tina player was doing, especially on wake-up. Which is why you got counter blown and then force teched up twice by 2 linear setups. At the beginning of the first match you got crushed by Tina's :3_::P: because you tried to put Kasumi's kick on the screen. Most Tina players buffer in that punch because it crushes highs (of course) and some mids will get beat by it, so watch for that.

I really don't know what else to say, good game.

Nuke-Nin

When you dont space and try and rush down a Frustrated kasumi player in a 1-bar zone I will 66H+K you're lying down stance and freaking H+P+K the hell out of you... He proceeded to call me a faggot Spammer.

hounddog75

lots of good information - I am in information overload.

I now have more information and more questions but not I can't even form questions. I wish I would play wanted to play this game months ago. I feel like i'm late to the party

ErickBello

Any regards on 1.04 Kasumi?
The patch notes are still unreleased...
EDIT: 6K now has Sidestep Tracking, the only "buff" for her.

Princess Kasumi

I tested kasumi alittle bit out in training mode and her 1pp used to be 14- block i guess and now it is only 10- on block but still its throw punishable. So today I uploaded a match of me vs an S rank Mila player.
What do you think? =D hehe~!

Allan Paris

I tested kasumi alittle bit out in training mode and her 1pp used to be 14- block i guess and now it is only 10- on block but still its throw punishable. So today I uploaded a match of me vs an S rank Mila player.
What do you think? =D hehe~!

It seems that TN is taking her frame data back to what it s was in DOA4 for certain moves. 1PP and 4PP were both -10 in that game. I didn't know it was at that much of a disadvantage in 5 (-14) I just know it's unsafe as shit and still is even being at -10. It's funny though because every Kasumi player I play against will whore that move out as if it is safe, lol, I guess since it's online and punishment is not consist why not whore it out.

This video is also a prime example as to why rank means squat shit in doa and never will amount to anything except for adding to your gmaerscore if it gives points for it or giving you some dumbass title for it. If this is a S rank Mila it is a shame. Although, Princess Kasumi you did attempt to fight someone better or on the level as you, if you want to go by the ranking system in this game.

On your part it is the same as before, you don't read anything you just all out blitz and get hit by stuff by doing that. You got put into a sitdown stun @0:45 for running up and trying to do her running throw. Then @1:33 you tried to do her 8H+P and got counter blown out of the air for it. This person is obviously hitting buttons avoiding being throw in the neutral game. Yet you kept trying even though it's putting you in terrible situations.

After landing 6PKK near a wall and it wall splats; pp6p6k is the juggle you should be doing. The recovery of the last kick will not allow Kasumi to do the juggle you kept trying and missing.

You were paying attention round one fight, low jabbing and prevent Mila from sweeping with her 1P again.

You failed to punish Mila on multiple occasions but this player was allowing you to do it by just hitting button themselves, so I guess this was fine......

Good game to you, you got the W at the end of the day and that's all that matters. Just know that when you play someone with a brain, they will blow you up for the stuff you are doing. I don't mean to be mean to you I am just being straight forward and honest with you coming from a competitive standpoint. If you're a casual gamer, please, fuck everything I have said.

Murakame

It seems that TN is taking her frame data back to what its was in DOA4 for certain moves. 1PP and 4PP were both -10 in that game. I didn't know it was at that much of a disadvantage in 5 (-14) I just know it's unsafe as shit and still is even being at -10. It's funny though because every Kasumi player I play against will whore that move out as if it is safe, lol, I guess since it's online and punishment is not consist why not whore it out.

These are the same Kasumi players I usually see turtling most of the match and just poking, throwing out the occasional 66H+K while neglecting her jabs, 6PK and FC mixups lol. I'm not going to lie though I like to throw 4P out as an interrupter because 6P gets crushed by some high crushes. It could just be online though but it happens. I layed off 4PP and 1PP because you and other high level players would just low hold the second punch when it stunned and make me look like an ass lol. What would you say her best interrupters are?

Edit: Also whats a good strategy against characters with parries? Should I play a bit more conservative and mix more throws into my offense in order to discourage use of them? What I've been doing is taking note of when they tend to parry, which is usually at small disadvantage, and respond with either a strike or a throw lol. That's a bit too risky for me though and I don't like getting the feeling that I have to guess every time I want to start an offense.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD