The Witcher Thread

Jadeinchains

Maybe I'm not quite as close to the end as I thought I am?!

A desert environment will certainly shake up the look of the game.

Edit: page 2 yay!

Edit again: Here's the pictures I took today. Well some because a few others just didn't come out as I wanted or I thought might be spoilers.

Kaer%20Morhen_zpsc4laoaa6.png

Undvik_zps8qst6yiq.png

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

I shouldn't double post but last night I managed to complete the Witcher 3's main storyline at level 32!!!

I've just bought the expansion pass and hearts of stone is downloading right now. Thanks for recommending this game/series @Tyaren I'm definitely a fan now. I also like the theme I got for the PS4 main screen with it, nice landscape shots. :)

Edit: And I saw that desert! That quest was really great.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
OMG, you are such a speed runner! You finished the game in 2 days. O: Can anyone else here please agree with me that this is crazy. XD

What ending did you get? o___O

Jadeinchains

OMG, you are such a speed runner! You finished the game in 2 days. O: Can anyone else here please agree with me that this is crazy. XD

What ending did you get? o___O

Lol I can't help but try to complete games as fast as possible.

In my ending I was with Tries in Kovic or whatever its called and Ciri stopped the white frost and returned.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Lol I can't help but try to complete games as fast as possible.

In my ending I was with Tries in Kovic or whatever its called and Ciri stopped the white frost and returned.

Did Ciri become a Witcher or the Emperor?

In my current playthrough I want her to become her the former the latter just seems so sad for someone free and rebellious like her. >__<

Jadeinchains

Did Ciri become a Witcher or the Emperor?

In my current playthrough I want her to become her the former the latter just seems so sad for someone free and rebellious like her. >__<

She became a Witcher! And yeah that seems much better for her and also what's probably canon.

The story for heart of stone has been incredible so far and they've done lots of interesting set pieces etc. I'm looking forward to what they will do with blood and wine since that's arguably the main expansion.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
She became a Witcher! And yeah that seems much better for her and also what's probably canon.

The story for heart of stone has been incredible so far and they've done lots of interesting set pieces etc. I'm looking forward to what they will do with blood and wine since that's arguably the main expansion.

OMG, don't tell me you are already done with it? o . O How did you beat the toad, when I couldn't even on easy? XD

Jadeinchains

OMG, don't tell me you are already done with it? o . O How did you beat the toad, when I couldn't even on easy? XD

No I'm still playing through it right now. That Toad was such an asshole to fight. I finally managed to on my fifth go on easy though. Have you not beat the toad yet? If not I want mention any potential spoilers.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
No I'm still playing through it right now. That Toad was such an asshole to fight. I finally managed to on my fifth go on easy though. Have you not beat the toad yet? If not I want mention any potential spoilers.

No I haven't yet. ;__; I died at least 10 times and the loading time after each loss made me crazy. x__X Then I learned of the golden oriole potion (superior version) that turns poison damage into health regeneration, so I wanted to get hands on that. But I had to brew the two less powerful predecessing potions before and had to get an insane amount of rare incredients from all over the world. So I kinda gave up for now and as you know I started a new playthrough. I wanted to play alongside you...but we know how that ended. XD

Jadeinchains

That's a shame but I'm sure you'll defeat it! :)

A kind of just jumped around everywhere and used my shield sign then burnt him while eating bread. And yeah the loading screens where annoying! I'd of won on my forth go but the game crashed. Tell me when you defeat him though. :)

Argentus

I got this but haven't played much of it yet. I got up to the first village and was doing side quests then mgsv claimed me lol.

Feels like one of those games like Kingdoms of Amalur where there's so many side quests it takes forever to progress.

Though the game is certainly detailed, it gave me a pretty meh first impression

Jadeinchains

I got this but haven't played much of it yet. I got up to the first village and was doing side quests then mgsv claimed me lol.

Feels like one of those games like Kingdoms of Amalur where there's so many side quests it takes forever to progress.

I haven't played mgsv but I did also did caught up in other games when Witcher 3 came out so it just was like in the background for me. You should play further in if you already own it, I started to really enjoy myself once I'd got to a point where you're sort of settled into the game.

ShinobiGuy

I finished the story of Witcher 3 last night and started the Hearts of Stone expansion right after. Got past the toad and the next incident. Took me at least 100 hours to finish the main story, it was really easy to just get lost in the world.
I was very sceptical about getting this game in the first place, since I don't particularly like RPG's,but do love open world games. Very happy I did get it though. Took some warming up and getting into the gameplay and all the options, but it's ended up being one of my fav games of all times!

Tyaren

Standard Donor

The first village is like only 10 minutes in the game... o__O

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Tyaren have you got past that toad yet?

I'm afraid I haven't even played the game at all anymore in the last couple of days. ;) I lost a bit of drive since I'm now playing through it alone again. I'll probably will be slowly catching up now. But in time for Blood and Wine I will have finished it and then I tackle Blood and Wine and Hearts of Stone together in one go. That will be awesome! :) I'm just really afraid of that toad, lol. XD Well, If nothing else works I can always significantly outlevel it and together with that one potion I should be able to beat it. ;)

Lol yeah. Got up to that area and did various bounty board missions then switched over to mgsv

And you judged the game world in the Final Fantasy thread so unfairly a while back, which annoyed me very much. I knew you either didn't play it at all or just for a very short while. ;) With that little time and just the first village you practically know nothing about the game and it's world. You basically just played the tutorial and didn't even finish it. The game world is actually very compact, multilayered and detailed with lots to see and do at all times. The greatest thing about the Witcher 3 is that none of the things you do is just filler material. Quests, may it be main story quests or sidequests, are never just: kill monster X, bring me item Y. Each time that you tackle a quest there are multiple choices and ways and each comes with a small or bigger story adding to the whole game's story, characters and lore. Sometimes optional side quests can affect the game world as much or even more than the main story quests. Like the quest line to assassinate King Radovid. I wonder if @Jadeinchains did it when rushing through the game. XD

Last but not least a few more atmospheric images I made:

25931825233_ddb6508c2f_h.jpg

26534711885_f78046ead2_h.jpg

26534740105_1e239a9cbf_h.jpg

26508817426_193eeeeba0_h.jpg

Jadeinchains

Yep I did that sidequests about King Radovid. :) in fact I did all of the storyline secondary quests.

And yeah you should try to do it before blood and wine and then on the day of release you can instantly get into it.
Also did you get the expansion pass?

And those photos are great! I especially like that one at night with the moon coming through the buildings.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
The back cover of Blood and Wine has been leaked (unfortunately for now in pretty bad quality:

MpLWiFM.jpg

Ri5Kvk1.jpg

Now the lauch trailer of the Witcher 3 finally makes sense:

I must admit I hadn't even seen this trailer until now. Wow...it was very intense and so beautifully dark. The last scene shows Geralt riding towards Beauclair in Toussaint. Beauclair does look a little different now, but from the screens that we already saw and the tiny pic on the back cover it will look amazing in it's own right. :)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD