The Witcher Thread

Jadeinchains

So even before launch of the original game they had things planned out, that's great! That trailer was amazing even though I have no idea what that woman was since she was like a version of a Siren or something.

Beauclair looks a lot bigger than I originally thought as well. But that's good because I enjoy walking around the city streets.

I wonder if since blood and wine is the last piece of dlc they will include some sort of set up to the next game?!

Tyaren

Standard Donor
So even before launch of the original game they had things planned out, that's great! That trailer was amazing even though I have no idea what that woman was since she was like a version of a Siren or something.

Beauclair looks a lot bigger than I originally thought as well. But that's good because I enjoy walking around the city streets.

I wonder if since blood and wine is the last piece of dlc they will include some sort of set up to the next game?!

She's supposed to be a Bruxa (a female vampire):
http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Bruxa

The Witcher 3 was supposed to be the last game. So far it's just rumored CD Projekt Red might think about making a game about Ciri. Considering they've worked on Hearts of Stone after game release and now on Blood and Wine and their team being actually pretty small, I doubt they even had much time to think about another game yet.

Jadeinchains

Okay well I won't be expecting a tie in to the next game then. Though I still hope they do something.

And yeah I actually looked it up on the wikia just a couple of days ago. It looks quite a lot different but maybe that's just the graphics looking much better.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Lol, and suddenly there are brand new screens appearing for Blood and Wine. Don't mean to doublepost, but I guess i have too. :/

ENYLyXD.png

Z5dGAAT.png

MOyYHfx.png

Dgp4PMb.png

CUJdeTs.png

And a pretty grisly one... :x
ke694Ui.jpg

I wished they would have shown more of the city Beauclair... >__<' Can't wait to explore that beauty.

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Omg that's beautiful... Minus the last picture. But wow I didn't know it would be so much more bright and vibrant. Those massive mushrooms are amazing! Those giant centipedes are cool to even though I'd be disgusted in real life.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
But wow I didn't know it would be so much more bright and vibrant. Those massive mushrooms are amazing!

Well, Toussaint is supposed to be "the land of eternal summer". It has to be bright and vibrant. ;)

In other news:

3EXiQrF.png

zDwaonr.png

J2J9nVm.png

Did you get into Gwent after all? XD

Jadeinchains

Well, Toussaint is supposed to be "the land of eternal summer". It has to be bright and vibrant. ;)

In other news:

3EXiQrF.png

zDwaonr.png

J2J9nVm.png

Did you get into Gwent after all? XD

...*looks to the ground*... No.

I swear I tried to get good at triple tri... I mean Gwent but I was so terrible and was losing way to much money! For people who are fans of the game ( you among them I'm guessing? ) then its good news.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
tumblr_nhqa5nxKuw1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

Lol, I am not that big of a fan as well. XD Back then I recommended it to you because it fleshes out the world even more and because it is easy to miss if you just never try it. And it is actually a good and fairly deep game...I've heard people say that do like this type of game.

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Lol okay well atleast I'm not the only one! I've tried it a few times since I wanted to atleast know if I liked it or not. But it isn't something I'll be playing unless I have to in the future.

ShinobiGuy

I also never got into the Gwent part. All my undone secondary missions from the main game are all Gwent or races. Maybe once I finish the expansions I'll give it a try :p
Hoping for a cool new armour set in Blood and wine though. The Ofieri set in in Hearts is not really my style, but was a fun scavanger hunt. Anyone else got it yet?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Witcher 3: Blood & Wine will be about as big as all islands of Skellige combined, graphics have improved and release will be before E3 (June 14th). :)

Some more infos about Blood and Wine from a recent interview with CD Projekt Red and Gamestar magazine:
  • New area of the expansion will be about "as big as all islands of Skellige combined"
  • New gwent deck SKELLIGE will come out (was already confirmed at PAX EAST)
  • They haven't seen any trailers/teasers yet
  • Release should be before E3 (because that would make most sense)
  • Talked about (in their opinion, fair) "price/content"-ratio for the exapnsion pass
  • They don't plan to go on sale with the exp. pass right after release
  • Graphics for the new area have been improved and CDPR was thinking if they should replace for example the grass on the WHOLE map with the new, better grass

Jadeinchains

That would be amazing if they went back and improved the graphics in the base game! I'm wondering how you'll get to Touissant, if you'll just go on a boat or if a passage will open between them by land?

Good to see that the graphics in the expansion be better as well!

Tyaren

Standard Donor
That would be amazing if they went back and improved the graphics in the base game! I'm wondering how you'll get to Touissant, if you'll just go on a boat or if a passage will open between them by land?

Good to see that the graphics in the expansion be better as well!

I'd be wary if the graphics improvement even affects the console versions much. The interview was conducted by a PC only magazine... Apparently consoles are already at their very graphical limit. ;)

The Blood and Wine questline will very likely start in one of the current regions and then like with Vizima, Velen, Skellige and Kaer Morhen you will be automatically transported to Toussaint. From that point on it will be part of the fast travel system of the rest of the game.

ShinobiGuy

Finished the expansion last night. Great story! Depending on some choices taken during the last 2 missions you do get quite the different ending. I had to keep a save and retry some stuff after the first ending. Might do another one before Uncharted comes out. How is everyone else faring?

Jadeinchains

Yeah keeping what happened to me as vague and spoiler free as possible, I did the same thing after not being pleased with the ending I got. I feel like there's a path that's the more "canon" one or atleast that the developers preferred. The expansion was amazing though and had so much crazy stuff that set it apart from the main game.

Tyaren how far are you in the expansion now?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Oh, there are different outcomes like with the main story? Good to know that. I'd be pissed if I again get a "bad" ending. >__<

Tyaren how far are you in the expansion now?

I didn't come any further. I'm right now concentrating on finishing the main game in a second playthrough with a good ending and one of the women by my side. ;)
(Lol, I'm kinda scared of that toad by now. ;__; Before I will tackle it in the future I will try to outlevel it by at least 10 levels. XD)

Jadeinchains

I just have to say that after looking at this picture more, the lady wearing the crown is honestly the best looking character in the whole Witcher universe! Even if she turns out to be evil I'm still sparing her.

MOyYHfx.png

Also yay it comes out next month!

Chapstick

Okay I got the game and am I the only one that was put off by Geralt's clunky movement? 5 minutes in chasing after Ciri I walked right off a ledge and died when I didn't even have the analog stick held down anymore and turning feels like a chore like in GTA 4 and 5

Jadeinchains

It is definitely clunky to a degree, I took a while to get used to the controls and the way the character feels but after a couple of hours I was settled completely into the game.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD