Things that make you go hm...

Star

Ok guys I need some help. I'm trying to get better with hitomi and I'm at a bit of a loss. As you guys know 6T is +10. I need your help with good follow up to it so I can turn it into real damage.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I use Hitomi every now and then, and I discovered from matches online that a lot of players expect you to do high or mid hits following that throw.(I like to think of it as a reset throw). To throw them off and not run the high risk of getting quickly held, I would say:2::K::K: is a good move to trip them up so that you can continue to apply pressure with her high strikes. If you see that they attempt to hit you following the throw, try :P::P: which will stun on counter hit, and bait them to hold so that you can follow it up with more combos to maximize some serious damage, or if they throw out a hold, just do the throw again so you can "condition" them to not just throw out holds, and you can combo without worry....unless they hold on reaction, in which case I would avoid :6::6::K::K::K:, and especially :6::6::K::K::P:.

I hope this helps you get a start.:) hopefully some other Hitomi players who actually main her and know her well will give you some more in depth information.

Star

I try following up with :1::K::P: To try and keep them stunned but the :P: usually gets blocked. :/ If by chance I do land the :P: I launch into combo. Thanks. ;)

Fallen_regime

Well u can't usually follow up with a second throw lol, since it's a reset most people block after that reset throw, I remember one time I did the same 6T 4 times in a row and they just kept blocking. And to make sure u don't get throw punished, try 1k6p2k rather than 1kp because generally they don't look for low sweeps and I believe this leaves u at negative one rather than the 1kp -14 on block. After that u could follow up with hitomi punch parry if they attempt a jab or a 6p. But all this is based on how ur opponent reacts. :)

Fallen_regime

I have yet to try that
Not a Hitomi professional by any means, but this is what I usually do:

:4::6::K: > :6::H+K: > :6::P+K: > :3::3::P: > :4::K::K: > :P::P::4::P::P::P:
but the throw only grants +10, and if they block 46k it would leave hitomi open for a throw punish right? Or am I forgetting my frames? But if u mean, like the enemy starts hitting buttons and then u execute the combo then it would make sense. Also I am working on a combo video and I never knew the 46k gave chance to anything but 236p so thanks! :D

KING JAIMY

I have yet to try that

but the throw only grants +10, and if they block 46k it would leave hitomi open for a throw punish right? Or am I forgetting my frames? But if u mean, like the enemy starts hitting buttons and then u execute the combo then it would make sense. Also I am working on a combo video and I never knew the 46k gave chance to anything but 236p so thanks! :D
You're welcome. I have no idea if 46K is unsafe but I know this combo from a Hitomi main. If they lose one frame while stagger escaping the whole combo is guaranteed.

Kirito

+10 is simply that - frame advantage. Nothing guaranteed, sadly, and is not as much of a pressure tool as people make it out to be.

You have two options: throw or strike.
If you think your opponent will block or hold, throw.
If you think your opponent will strike, perform any move 19 frames and below (18 if dealing with 9-frame jabbers).

Preferably, go for a mid or low tracking strike that's safe on block to cover most of their options. 6H+K is excellent (-2 on block) and stuns on both NH and CH. Another good move is P+K, which pseudo-tracks as a 2-in-1, and is safe on block. 4P is also just as useful due to its good stun and pseudo-safety (has delayable followups).

Raansu

Ok guys I need some help. I'm trying to get better with hitomi and I'm at a bit of a loss. As you guys know 6T is +10. I need your help with good follow up to it so I can turn it into real damage.

Recovery times prevent any real follow up. You're at +10 which means most of your moves will beat them out if they try to attack after the throw, but aside from that its all guessing games on whether they are going to block or not. Really your only option is to read the block or follow up with tracking safe moves so they don't side step you.

I've been saying for years now that she needs her old pressure back with the throw giving her +15 on hi counter throw allowing her to get a unblockbable 46p but TN wants to continue making her a weak character given they keep nerfing her every update even though she was never that good to begin with.

NightAntilli

The best move after :6::H+P: is :2::P+K:. It crushes highs, hits sidestepping opponents and is fast enough to not get hit by almost anything. And it has two follow-ups for mixup in case you do get blocked.
Obviously, abusing it will get you held. So you can mix it up with :2::H+K:, the :4::6::K: combo mentioned above, another grab, :6::H+K:, :9::P:, :6::6::K:... There's lots of things you can do.

Last edited:

Lulu

Hmmm... I don't remember what it looks like.... I'l see when I play the game again.

But yeah.... lows are good after :6::F:.

I would also go for :4::P+K: guard break..... thats the one that guarantees :4::H+K: right ?

Fallen_regime

Hmmm... I don't remember what it looks like.... I'l see when I play the game again.

But yeah.... lows are good after :6::F:.

I would also go for :4::P+K: guard break..... thats the one that guarantees :4::H+K: right ?
Yea but that often is easily seen and held at least by me. I would usually follow up with 1k and depending if i get a good stun or not the follow ups to that string is different and 2H+K looks similar to pp2kk if that may joggle any memory

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD