"This ends now. By my hand!" Kasumi's DOA5LR Discussion Thread

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Honestly, unless they're going to do another patch update with the new character in March, I really don't see it getting touched. The move isn't totally useless. I still use it within the PP6KK string & certain situations for combo extensions, but not near the wall. The move is -7 & you can OS it when someone tries to grab you. If you use the shoulder P+K button, & if someone neutral throws, you'll tech the throw by default. If they use a 7i throw or more, then you can jab them & then go into your offense. Your best bet is to stick with stuff that doesn't whiff like that near the wall. Like 9K, 3PK, 6P6K, 4K, 3KK, etc.

When they changed the hitbox in a previous patch, it messed with the move some other way, causing it to whiff in certain situations. It's not even a legitimate BNB combo filler, either for her launch grab. You're better of using 66K-K 7K6KK with 236T & then using that combo route near the wall.

Last edited:

Chapstick

ln0sDTi.gif

???

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
Are you referring to the fact that you still get beaten out although you should be at ~+10 due to the parry?

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
Yeah, didn't see that at first. Maybe the game said "Ayane is backturned so her front is her back which means Kasumi has to port to her front". Condition satisfied when Ayane turned around, haha. Mindfuck.

Just tested a bit around though, this does not seem to happen on other characters / backturned attacks.

Chapstick

Why would she even deserve to get invincibility frames after that whiff, especially against an overhead-like attack 4H+K is.

View attachment 21222

I like how Christie is able to attack instantly after getting backturned, still avoiding 6K.

View attachment 21223
1st one, it could be 4H+K going ever so slightly to the side of Lisa because of her recovery animation and whiffing for that reason which is still bull. The Kasumi trio has some odd issues with that in my experience (particularly 9K for Kasumi & Phase/6K for Alpha but I could imagine it extending to 4H+K)

2nd one, infamous 6K issues. Was this the level 8 AI because that SE was quick

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
1st one, it could be 4H+K going ever so slightly to the side of Lisa because of her recovery animation and whiffing for that reason which is still bull. The Kasumi trio has some odd issues with that in my experience (particularly 9K for Kasumi & Phase/6K for Alpha but I could imagine it extending to 4H+K)

It would be interesting to check how other mid kick moves with a kinda similar hit box behave in that situation, like Hayates 3H+K for example.

2nd one, infamous 6K issues. Was this the level 8 AI because that SE was quick

Yeah, that was a match against level 8 AI. Always good for some "wow, wtf" moments, haha.

Zero Beat

Ah yes, level 8, a.k.a., "Yeah, I'm reacting faster than any human could and reading your button inputs so I can do a perfect counter most of the time. What are you gonna do about it?"

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
Ah yes, level 8, a.k.a., "Yeah, I'm reacting faster than any human could and reading your button inputs so I can do a perfect counter most of the time. What are you gonna do about it?"

It's still providing me a lot more fun as wonky online matches recently do though. I like that those perfect counters lead into more even matches. Like you can go 2-0 against the AI and then expect to get countered more often almost for sure, resulting in an 2-2 quickly.

I find it helps for not falling into auto-pilot mode which often happens when playing online because many players don't adjust and punish you that well for things you do repetitive. It's also useful to train reacting to individual things like sidestepping since the AI will play every character in a different manner but mostly with putting an emphasis on a specific move (e.g. AI Momiji loves to sidestep or AI Hitomi loves to hold/parry).

Last edited:

Lulu

This is Team Ninja's way of forcing you to play online. Which would be fine if the online was decent (for me).

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
This is Team Ninja's way of forcing you to play online. Which would be fine if the online was decent (for me).
I don't really like online...I love playing online with friends and my senseis because it's fun, but I don't like fighting random people, nor people in ranked because the game likes to pair me up with people who just got the game and are still learning, which I deem unfair.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD