"This ends now. By my hand!" Kasumi's DOA5LR Discussion Thread

panicitstylor

WoW really ? :eek:
Do that many people already know those aren't advantageous guard breaks ?

I thought you could still use it as a Bluff. :(
Well, most of my friends i play with, even though i've told them to grab me, they don't. But, they know that they can "press a button" after it and usually beat Kasumi out. For the most part, people see a GB and instantly think you are +.

Lulu

Well, most of my friends i play with, even though i've told them to grab me, they don't. But, they know that they can "press a button" after it and usually beat Kasumi out. For the most part, people see a GB and instantly think you are +.

People like to punish with Strikes even if they don't have enough advantage to actually guarantee their fastest Strikes....... its a habbit people carry over into DoA from other games where this actually works.

Sometimes it works in DoA because people also try to attack out of disadvantage...... it must be because of playing online.

DoA gets really weird when you factor in the human element.

UprisingJC

Forget about her guard breaks that make her transition into the hoshinpo stance. Not really that useful.
I personally don't even use 66PP that much now as the high-level players will just duck it and Kasumi's at EXTREMELY LARGE DISADVANTAGE thanks to its recovery.(66PP's recovery frames = 50f)

During my day as a guest player in DOA festival in Japan, I only used 66P to bait or whiff-punish my opponent.

All the moves in hoshinpo stance don't track except the 2 throws, and you're not using them too often.
Hoshinpo K isn't worth using if you're not doing air juggles, the other moves hit high and can be sidestepped.

Lulu

LoL.... yep. Shes a deceptive one.

You can probably get away with this type of trick on a few of the less popular characters.

After all even in High level play the best players can fall into the "Fake Advantage" trap.

I think Jacky's one is still viable.... the one from his Chopping Blow (:2::P+K:) its +3 on Block but if you cancel into his Side Slide Shuffle stance... its +6...... but that only applies to his Slide Shuffle :P:. That advantage Dissapears if he doesn't attack from that stance...... ofcourse the game doesn't tell you that in the Move Details.

Sneaky.:jacky:

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Yeah none of her guard breaks are reliable.:( 66PP GBs are what people use since most people don't even know when it's coming or how to defend against it. I still use it, but I try not to often because it's easy to read & gets predictable even though she does get a mid kick as a follow up too.

PMS_Akali

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Premium Donor
I was sad when I first realized her 66PP could be blocked and crouched. One of my favorite moves.

Lulu

I was sad when I first realized her 66PP could be blocked and crouched. One of my favorite moves.

The AI will do that almost every chance it gets.... it also Constantly Side Steps my :9::P::K:....

I think thats a cool way to test how Solid a strategy is..... simply set the AI to Level 8 and see how it deals with it. It will show you when to crouch and when to Side Step. ;)

panicitstylor

I have no idea, but i love it. Kasumi actually has a lot of moves that end with a High and the opponent cannot crouch it. :) I just now read my post and it says, "Crunched" LOL Damn autocorrect!

KING JAIMY

Okay I've got one question about Kasumi. How do I approach? I keep using 66P and 66K but they are not safe. Any insights please?

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
Mhm ... when you use 66K, always use the follow-up K as long as you notice the opponent does not try to hold, due to safety. Unfavorably if it misses though. You can use PPK(K) / H+K + Hoshinpo cancel or 3P+K to cover big gaps. Other than that ... you propably have to run up to force a guess. 4H+K and 4P are your tools of choice when you want to whiff punish rash decisions of your opponent.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Okay I've got one question about Kasumi. How do I approach? I keep using 66P and 66K but they are not safe. Any insights please?
I would explore more of 3K & 3P+K. 4P as well. You can use 4P at ideal range, but anything outside of 4P range, it needs to be either 66P or 66K. 3K has more range than 4P& doesn't get punished out in space due to pushback much like 6PK but can be punished near the wall or by grapplers. 66K~K is safe. If your fear is that they'll hold it, then don't be afraid of being held because most of the time, the hold doesn't do a ton of damage. It's much worth risking hold damage from that than being unsafe & then paying for it,losing from 90 to 100 pts of damage. 66PP6 & the follow ups can be used too, but you can't rely too much on it. 66H+K you should use more, too. Although it only cause a little bit of damage, it's a responsive tool to make them respect that you have a low that you can use to get in.

Soaring Zero

When approaching with Kasumi it usually depends on my opponent. If they are trying to catch me coming in and whiffing moves, 66K and 66P all the way. Other than that, I like to use 6PK a lot due to the range of it and the fact that its safe. 3K is also good for this. But I tend to weave in and out of their range to try and bait something. You can also TRY hoshinpo but only if you can correctly space it so you do NOT end up close enough to be punished. Sometimes when players see that move they will expect an attack of some kind and respond accordingly giving you an opportunity to make something happen. 9PK I would only suggest if the opponent is being very defensive and trying to space you out. Even then only use it sparingly because they could react to it and side step.

Chapstick

Is Pai right at the edge of 6K's hitbox or is she literally ducking a "mid"

tUcRHVn.gif

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD