"This ends now. By my hand!" Kasumi's DOA5LR Discussion Thread

Lulu

The double 66K~K is something I've never seen anyone use outside of the lab so I wouldn't worry about it.

Thats Good enough for Me.... thanks for the Pep Talk. :) Its just what I needed to hear (or read, I guess).

But if I see Kwiggle or anyone else pull it off then I'm dropping her..... :mad:

Chapstick

I typically only used that one if I got 33K on a counter hit but if it does more damage go for it. Does 236P KK7K~9PK~KK do more damage than that tho? If you're in open space I'd go for that. Near a wall I like 33K 33P BT PPKK but that one only works on lightweights after CB

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I typically only used that one if I got 33K on a counter hit but if it does more damage go for it. Does 236P KK7K~9PK~KK do more damage than that tho? If you're in open space I'd go for that. Near a wall I like 33K 33P BT PPKK but that one only works on lightweights after CB
I think the 236P one does more damage, I can tell since if it has 9PK6~KK it'll likely deal more damage XD That lightweight one I also like to use too

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
The amount of crap that's I've been discovering with Kasumi now guys.....oh my god....These are probably already known but here's something I discovered myself:

:2::K: is VERY similar to :1::P: and has decent launchers you can use if your opponent falls for the high follow up bait! You can use 33P and 3H+K! ♡.♡ This is good to know they have good reach since I always was afraid to use 2K since it's not as good as say Phase who has hers do a trip on butt stun, Kasumi unfortunately has that stun where the opponent is actually getting farther away from her

Lulu

I need to work on my Stun Launch Juggles with Kasumi.... I noiced I get very Greedy by always going for CL3

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Has it always been known that whether Kasumi is in closed or open stance affects whether or not her 4P will be able to continue the stun after one of her lows like 6P2K, because I just realized that:

UprisingJC

Has it always been known that whether Kasumi is in closed or open stance affects whether or not her 4P will be able to continue the stun after one of her lows like 6P2K, because I just realized that:
I think not, and it's really not useful info. (No disrespect here.)
Her 6P2K on NH gives her +14. Even if in this case 4p can be followed after to continue the stun, it barely happens in real game play unless you really face an opponent who doesn't press anything at that moment...

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
The double 66K~K is something I've never seen anyone use outside of the lab so I wouldn't worry about it. I managed to do it ONCE online but it was down the desert wasteland slope and I was so shocked it landed I dropped the PP6PK. The fun thing about it tho is it even works on the superheavies when it really seems like it shouldn't. 236T KK7K~ PPKK does I think 1 pt more damage but it's harder to pull off (imo) than 66K~K 66K~K because of the 0.00000005 second microdash you need to do
I'm really late on this, but there's a solution to this issue. I use it all the time but when I drop it, I revert to another route for insurance. Sorry :( @Lulu

Once you land the 1st 66K-K, you have to pay attention to how far they are off the ground. When you see their legs & torso come off the ground, you have to land 66K at the highest peak before you can land the rest of the sequence. It's not easy at 1st, but once you notice the timing of the bounce animation after the 1st one going into the 2nd 66K-K, it gets easier.It's going to take some time. It's a really good route because it's universal & it carries them across the screen. If you get them near the wall, you have the option to wall slam them with 6P6K as an ender with PP6P6K or just do PP6PK & play with your advantage. So it is a big deal to use, but you don't have to take this route. You can't delay the input either.

Last edited:

Lulu

I'm really late on this, but there's a solution to this issue. I use it all the time but when I drop it, I revert to another route for insurance. Sorry :( @Lulu

Once you land the 1st 66K-K, you have to pay attention to how far they are off the ground. When you see their legs & torso come off the ground, you have to land 66K at the highest peak before you can land the rest of the sequence. It's not easy at 1st, but once you notice the timing of the bounce animation after the 1st one going into the 2nd 66K-K, it gets easier.It's going to take some time. It's a really good route because it's universal & it carries them across the screen. If you get them near the wall, you have the option to wall slam them with 6P6K as an ender with PP6P6K or just do PP6PK & play with your advantage. So it is a big deal to use, but you don't have to take this route. You can't delay the input either.

LoL... its okay Sweetness, I figured it out eventually. Its the same Story with Phase 4

Mayor-Of-Mustard

soo how do i win against a kasumi online? playing as anyone at this point, really. getting bored of ayane. would rather lose and have fun than win and be bored.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
soo how do i win against a kasumi online? playing as anyone at this point, really. getting bored of ayane. would rather lose and have fun than win and be bored.

What does this even mean? Do you only fight opponents that fall for the same shenanigans?

How do you get bored of Ayane also? She has the second largest moveset in the game.

To fight Kasumi online, stay out of her face and mash 4P when she gets close. The shittier the connection, the harder you mash 4P.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

How do you get bored of Ayane also? She has the second largest moveset in the game.

To fight Kasumi online, stay out of her face and mash 4P when she gets close. The shittier the connection, the harder you mash 4P.

i dont like playing as the same character all the time just for your information m'kay??. look i was in a bad mood ok i've had a really horrible week but thanks for the advice. i get bored easily it's not my fault plus im in a better mood now

i fight anyone i can find it's really hard with my connection what do you mean by 'fall for the same shenanigans' some of them do some dont oh wow not all people are the same

Last edited:

Chapstick

What I find amusing about Kasumi online is it feels physically impossible to throw or interrupt her after she does 66K, it’s basically a +5 poke there

PMS_Akali

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Premium Donor
What I find amusing about Kasumi online is it feels physically impossible to throw or interrupt her after she does 66K, it’s basically a +5 poke there
Yeah, I don't think I've ever been punished once for using 66K online, lol

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD