Thoughts on Diego and NiCO

Lycanthrope -R-

I keep seeing this but all you is trading one stereotype for an even bigger, more ridiculous stereotype...

Atleast admit the fact that you just don't like more anime in your anime game.
No problem.
570.gif

Xhominid The Demon Within

When Soul Calibur makes Soul Calibur Xtreme give me a call. Thats why DOA gets such a bad rep. Its not the default costumes, its the fact the spin off is so damn pervy. In DOA5 that private paradise DLC was stupid af.

giphy.gif

... That wasn't even what the hell I asked nor what I stated. The hell does DOA's reputation with how Talim or Amy is depicted since Soul Calibur 4 vs. How people lose their shit because Kasumi, Ayane and Kokoro was underage? Or that people apply ridiculous standards to Marie, Honoka and NiCO?

At the very least if you are going to your diatribe, actually ANSWER my question during it.
Marie, NiCO nor Honoka has gone nowhere near the scandalous treatment neither Talim or Amy go into from Soul Calibur and bringing up "Well DOA has Xtreme" doesn't stop that question in the slightest since it wasn't pertaining to the sexualization of DOA, but how Talim and Amy get away with so much of what they do.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

I think the whole "tittie game" is just a way to trigger people easily. They wouldn't play DOA anyways, like I wouldn't play Call of Duty even if the next game is a cel shading one like Valkyria Chronicles.

Back when BlazBlue was the main Arc System Work game (before they got back Guilty Gear) this happened for it as well. You had characters like Litchi, Makoto and Mu-12 and even the "loli" character, Platinum.

I remember a lot Street Fighter IV players trying to attack BlazBlue with the same """"arguments"""" and you know what, now no one remember it and it isn't an argument against BBCT anymore.

People just like to attack what they don't play.

Last edited:

Why are you always so hostile to people?
I'm not being hostile to anyone. I asked a question and @etherealsadness gave me an answer that didn't even pertain to the question itself.
That's not hostility when I told them that s/he virtually deflected my question with an entirely useless answer.
Me being hostile to them would be cussing him out entirely and tell them that they are an idiot and never actually say why.

That would be hostility, this is me simply further emphasizing my question and alongside questioning why he gave me a worthless non-answer.

EDIT: I could have very well brought up Lost Swords with all of the complete nonsense that happened with that game as a real counterpoint if I chose to.
https://soulcalibur.fandom.com/wiki/Soulcalibur:_Lost_Swords
The game in which it was so P2W, it makes people say nothing about how overpriced DLC was for DOA ever again with ridiculous Ecchi-Tier/Hentai Tier outfits that you had to either pay huge cash for because they was needed to clear the highest tiers.
And yes, Amy was in that game)as well as Leixia) and some theorized Talim was going to be and you can dress her in all of those outfits and one of them was recently ported to SCVI.

And I know because I played Lost Swords so my info isn't wrong at all and anyone who played it would say the same thing.

Last edited:

Macca Beam

When Soul Calibur makes Soul Calibur Xtreme give me a call. Thats why DOA gets such a bad rep. Its not the default costumes, its the fact the spin off is so damn pervy. In DOA5 that private paradise DLC was stupid af
some sluts wiggling on the beach isn't any more pervy than exploding clothes and exploding """""""clothes""""""""
but my guess is since costume breaking and customization require actually playing the game, casuals and secondaries couldn't easily notice them from outside. meanwhile over here you can just go "yeah xtreme existed now i have to be on edge about everything in this series ughhhhHHH!"

some sluts wiggling on the beach isn't any more pervy than exploding clothes and exploding """""""clothes""""""""
but my guess is since costume breaking and customization require actually playing the game, casuals and secondaries couldn't easily notice them from outside. meanwhile over here you can just go "yeah xtreme existed now i have to be on edge about everything in this series ughhhhHHH!"

Honestly my biggest issue with his reply is that it's a non-answer to a question I didn't ask... but the fact he legit doesn't perceive that people saying that Soul Calibur is even more ridiculous at it's fanservice than Dead or Alive isn't even NEW.

Hell, it's even on TvTropes, for goodness sake, as there's a good chunk of people in and outside of DOA that doesn't believe that it's anywhere near the fanservice levels people say it is and it's at the typical levels you would see in SF, KOF and otherwise. When people's best bet is to use the Xtreme series, it comes off as a supreme cop out because it's still the nature of trying to supplant the spinoff into the main series, something people rarely ever do because that's the point of a spinoff, to be it's own separate thing.

I know what the response will be... but I don't even agree with that, to be honest. Even fans of Soul Calibur has issues of where Soul Calibur has been going fanservice wise but most keep it to themselves.

Marteze

Diego is basic and a bit unoriginal. I mean, they didn't even try to step out of the box for a new male character. His persona almost like Rig's. His fighting style is uninspired as well. Doesn't seem like much thought was put into the character.

As for Nico, her fighting style is unique. But her look is not unique and she apologize while fighting. It's no from me.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I think his fighting style is a lot of fun. Now that I can put things to better easier in training mode I feel confident with the character. IMO he's designed for newcomers, and I think Ein players would also consider using him.

giphy.gif

... That wasn't even what the hell I asked nor what I stated. The hell does DOA's reputation with how Talim or Amy is depicted since Soul Calibur 4 vs. How people lose their shit because Kasumi, Ayane and Kokoro was underage? Or that people apply ridiculous standards to Marie, Honoka and NiCO?

At the very least if you are going to your diatribe, actually ANSWER my question during it.
Marie, NiCO nor Honoka has gone nowhere near the scandalous treatment neither Talim or Amy go into from Soul Calibur and bringing up "Well DOA has Xtreme" doesn't stop that question in the slightest since it wasn't pertaining to the sexualization of DOA, but how Talim and Amy get away with so much of what they do.
Ah I understand now. Sorry I misunderstood what you said.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Also, let's not forget that in DOA you can:

A) Turn off titties physics.

B) Turn off sweating which mean not semi transparent materials.

C) To see the more lewd costumes you have to download manually catalogs data from the store.

So, what is left in the base Last Round game that is so disturbing for """"serious"""" people? a couple of bikinis? I mean, you will also watch that in several other fighting games in online play and you won't even be able to turn off physics.

So as I said, for me the whole "tittie game" is just a way to trigger people or the easy way to say "nope, I won't want to try it, I will keep playing my main game where I will see breasts shaking and bikinis in online mode".

Is there a softcore subseries out there?, yes, that is for what spin off concept exists. You don't even have to play them to follow DOA story meanwhile to follow Persona 4 story you have to play those Project Diva wannabe spin off games. You can COMPLETELY ignore Xtreme subseries, not like in other franchises where spin offs are way more important than here.

Team Ninja is offering you a lot options to how to experience the game and that's something than other companies don't do, if you don't like something in their games you have to eat it.

Ah I understand now. Sorry I misunderstood what you said.

It's cool now, atleast you understood where I was going with.

Also, let's not forget that in DOA you can:

A) Turn off titties physics.

B) Turn off sweating which mean not semi transparent materials.

C) To see the more lewd costumes you have to download manually catalogs data from the store.

So, what is left in the base Last Round game that is so disturbing for """"serious"""" people? a couple of bikinis? I mean, you will also watch that in several other fighting games in online play and you won't even be able to turn off physics.

So as I said, for me the whole "tittie game" is just a way to trigger people or the easy way to say "nope, I won't want to try it, I will keep playing my main game where I will see breasts shaking and bikinis in online mode".

Is there a softcore subseries out there?, yes, that is for what spin off concept exists. You don't even have to play them to follow DOA story meanwhile to follow Persona 4 story you have to play those Project Diva wannabe spin off games. You can COMPLETELY ignore Xtreme subseries, not like in other franchises where spin offs are way more important than here.

Team Ninja is offering you a lot options to how to experience the game and that's something than other companies don't do, if you don't like something in their games you have to eat it.

Exactly. It's funnier because even with all of the DLC, DOA5 was an OUTLIER in terms of the fanservice that you could get due to the DLC in general as the base outfits themselves are ultimately nothing to cry "too sexual" over at all.
The only other games that could compete is DOA1++ I believe and DOA2U... and neither of those had any overtly sexual outfits that the DLC in DOA5 reached.

I have always stated that Soul Calibur's outfits are far more ridiculous because they was usually the BASE outfits of the characters(meaning it's usually their defaults) and that's not counting the legion of costume parts which usually means you can go as full heavy on the fanservice as much as put everyone in a suit of armor which more and more leaning on the side of fanservice. That's not going into it having the first armor breaks of the series, going even harder in IV to the point Hilde was made as a COUNTER to all of the females being sexualized by her having armor and VI going even further beyond that, now officially incorporating a SC:LS outfit which blows virtually everything DOA has done out of the water and even gives some of the more sexier Xtreme costumes a run for their money as we know they are going to start to add even more with each costume pack.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Is this thread even about NiCO and Diego anymore? The DOA6 newcomers really fit DOA and look amazing. I do wish that Diego was added in 5 instead of 6 though.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD