DOA5U Tina's nerfs, buffs and QA in DOA5U

PacManila

Well, I actually have been hitting a fully charged 4PPP, probably because I'm playing online (or because I'm manipulative), but still what's the point of throwing in a worthless bound animation if only one move can work inconsistently? Incomplete Tina.

Speaking of guarantees from the ground... how situational is a ground throw after her neutral, because I never seem to miss 2T if the range is right after the 5T.

If I'm not mistaken, the only way you can get a ground throw after neutral throw is if they just lay there. I'd have to check if it's any different if they're against a wall.

Yea unfortunately she didn't benefit much from the new mechanics additions. Her 2 bounds, the last charged :P: from her :4::P: string and :8::P: during critical state (or if it lands twice in a row) are impractical. For the latter, it would be better to do just the CB since they're both mid punch and about the same speed, and unless the opponent doesn't know how to SE, you'll never get :8::P: twice in a row during stun.

Koompbala

:2::3::6::K: is safe on block at -4, but it doesn't really help her lead into anything offensively. Not to mention that scoring that dropkick on hit can actually put you at -6 if the opponent techs up. Also, the only throw that guarantees a ground throw is :6::6::H+P: when the opponent is against the wall. If you were able to do a follow-up ground throw after her other throws, it's usually because the opponent either chose to stay on the ground or they messed up the timing to tech up/wake-up kick (which is more of an online lag issue than a personal timing issue).

I'm glad you brought that up cause I was to lazy to correct that. I do have a question about the move though. After all these patches they made 4K hit more often finally. I know they apparently did it with 236K also. Does it actually hit more now? I remember in vanilla that crap felt slower than what? 22i and it seemed like a high even though it's mid. I haven't played any games in general for a while. So I have 0 experience with 236K now.

GarryJaune

Not much really. They send the opponent too far to really follow up with anything. I messed around and saw that you could follow up with :6::H+K:, but it seems real inconsistent. Not to mention the bound will only occur if you happen to hit someone with a fully-charged :P: at the end, which I don't think has ever happened, at least in my experience.

:2::3::6::K: is safe on block at -4, but it doesn't really help her lead into anything offensively. Not to mention that scoring that dropkick on hit can actually put you at -6 if the opponent techs up. Also, the only throw that guarantees a ground throw is :6::6::H+P: when the opponent is against the wall. If you were able to do a follow-up ground throw after her other throws, it's usually because the opponent either chose to stay on the ground or they messed up the timing to tech up/wake-up kick (which is more of an online lag issue than a personal timing issue).
:2::3::6::K: you can do it while running bro,and the attack range ,start frames are very similar to :6::H+K: If you hit opponent,and he doesn't tech up,do a :2::H+P: bro,thats hurt

and...yeah,her :6::6::H+P: is great,even the opponent isn't against the wall,she can still get +10f , :1::P: might force them up.If not,its ok she‘s safe
Tina has so many ground tricks LOL
For example,in juggles,after her :6::P::P::P: you can do a :2::H+P: ,If opponents tech up,Tina's safe +0 But the fun part is,I can usually continue press opponent and her :4::K:often win the dual after this.

Meanwhile Tina's so powerful and she can get rid of wakeupkick after her ground throw

PacManila

After all these patches they made 4K hit more often finally. I know they apparently did it with 236K also. Does it actually hit more now?

I can't really say since I almost never use that move unless it's on accident while running. :6::H+K: and :4::K: are better choices for crushing lows and are better moves overall compared to :2::3::6::K:, which can put you in a disadvantageous situation by the opponent simply teching up.

and...yeah,her :6::6::H+P: is great,even the opponent isn't against the wall,she can still get +10f , :1::P: might force them up.If not,its ok she‘s safe

Her OH is good with decent speed. However, she is out of range for any possible FT unless the opponent just decides to lie there. Even then, they would be able to see if Tina is going to try to do anything to them on the ground. If she whiffs :1::P: , she'll actually be at -6.

For example,in juggles,after her :6::P::P::P: you can do a :2::H+P: ,If opponents tech up,Tina's safe +0 But the fun part is,I can usually continue press opponent and her :4::K:often win the dual after this.

Meanwhile Tina's so powerful and she can get rid of wakeupkick after her ground throw

Interesting find. She is safe after that whiffed ground throw, but be aware that she is in a truly neutral situation. If the opponent uses a faster move than Tina after the whiff, she will get hit. This can be real useful against certain characters (basically characters without 9f jabs or 11f mids).

Her ground throw doesn't get rid of the wake-up kick. The opponent is still capable of doing the kick after the ground throw.

GarryJaune

I can't really say since I almost never use that move unless it's on accident while running. :6::H+K: and :4::K: are better choices for crushing lows and are better moves overall compared to :2::3::6::K:, which can put you in a disadvantageous situation by the opponent simply teching up.

Her OH is good with decent speed. However, she is out of range for any possible FT unless the opponent just decides to lie there. Even then, they would be able to see if Tina is going to try to do anything to them on the ground. If she whiffs :1::P: , she'll actually be at -6.

Interesting find. She is safe after that whiffed ground throw, but be aware that she is in a truly neutral situation. If the opponent uses a faster move than Tina after the whiff, she will get hit. This can be real useful against certain characters (basically characters without 9f jabs or 11f mids).

Her ground throw doesn't get rid of the wake-up kick. The opponent is still capable of doing the kick after the ground throw.
yeah,they can kick,but Tina gonna back roll a little,basicly they cant hit.

PS: sorry for my Chinglish bro,hope you guys can read it LOL:cool:

TRI Mike

I like using the throws that leave her + a lot. 64T,6T and a raw 44T without the follow-up. They're nice.

PacManila

I like using the throws that leave her + a lot. 64T,6T and a raw 44T without the follow-up. They're nice.

Careful with using :4::4::H+P:. Despite the nice frame advantage, almost any possible follow-up can be avoided by simply back dashing. This is also the case for her advanced mid-kick hold if the opponent isn't close to a wall.

GarryJaune

Careful with using :4::4::H+P:. Despite the nice frame advantage, almost any possible follow-up can be avoided by simply back dashing. This is also the case for her advanced mid-kick hold if the opponent isn't close to a wall.
yup,:4::4::H+P::H+P:damage is 72,and starts at 8 frames,its great.
For Tina,I think better stable damage than frame advantage,seriously

And..why not try :4::H+P: bro,not only great damage(68),but also very hard to techroll for human players,AKA,:2::H+P: is almost guaranteed,thus damage should be 68+30=98,cool as hell,dude,use it wisely

And Tina really has so many hardly-getup hold and throw like:4::H+P:,I might collect them all in a new topic,She is queen of Throw

PacManila

And..why not try :4::H+P: bro,not only great damage(68),but also very hard to techroll for human players,AKA,:2::H+P: is almost guaranteed,thus damage should be 68+30=98,cool as hell,dude,use it wisely

And Tina really has so many hardly-getup hold and throw like:4::H+P:,I might collect them all in a new topic,She is queen of Throw

Those "hard to get up" situations mostly apply online due to latency (or if the opponent just wants to stay on the ground). Offline, they're very easy to get up from and put her at a disadvantage.

GarryJaune

Those "hard to get up" situations mostly apply online due to latency (or if the opponent just wants to stay on the ground). Offline, they're very easy to get up from and put her at a disadvantage.
well...you mean,techroll those throw needs a good net quality?I just feel the timing is so strict...

PacManila

well...you mean,techroll those throw needs a good net quality?I just feel the timing is so strict...

Basically when playing offline, people can easily techroll or wake-up kick to avoid the ground throw after throws like :H+P: and :4::H+P:. Online, the delay messes with the timing to tech and wake-up kick, allowing Tina to get her ground throw in despite it not being guaranteed. I've tested this in training mode as well and got the same results.

Koompbala

Have you seen yourself post? like have you read what you said in this thread. It appears your whole play style is based off "ifs". It's not a good thing I would win a lot more myself "if" my opponent didn't do anything most of the time. As Pac has been saying online is not a good way to test things. Even playing the computer on the hardest difficulty is no way to test things either. Cause even on the hardest difficulty the computer won't tech roll, or punish highly punishable moves. Yeah Tina may have the most ifs in the game. But this game in general has enough luck involved as is. Last thing you wanna do is add even more luck to it.

GarryJaune

Basically when playing offline, people can easily techroll or wake-up kick to avoid the ground throw after throws like :H+P: and :4::H+P:. Online, the delay messes with the timing to tech and wake-up kick, allowing Tina to get her ground throw in despite it not being guaranteed. I've tested this in training mode as well and got the same results.
Have you seen yourself post? like have you read what you said in this thread. It appears your whole play style is based off "ifs". It's not a good thing I would win a lot more myself "if" my opponent didn't do anything most of the time. As Pac has been saying online is not a good way to test things. Even playing the computer on the hardest difficulty is no way to test things either. Cause even on the hardest difficulty the computer won't tech roll, or punish highly punishable moves. Yeah Tina may have the most ifs in the game. But this game in general has enough luck involved as is. Last thing you wanna do is add even more luck to it.
DOA series are "If" game ,its not like tenkken dude,how to win "If" is the key:cool: NOT luck

Koompbala

Whatever it's cool I'm not trying to tell you how you to play. Play how you want. You did revive this thread though. For a while not just this thread but this board was dead.

PacManila

Maybe we should make a strat thread (like footsies, general spacing, etc)? Seems like every Tina I play (the very few anyway) play quite differently. It could at least stimulate some discussion in the board.

GarryJaune

for me its hard to techroll 4T offline too its just has a different timing than any other knockdown and even in practice couldnt get it consinstenly
Me too,and so do my friends.Nomatter offline or what.And not only 4T,She has several throws,holds carry the "hard to getup"buff.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Took Tina online today... big mistake. I had so much fun playing with my bf offline, and I just kept getting throw punished or reversed online. Any hiccup of lag and Tina is fucked.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD