DOA5U Tina's nerfs, buffs and QA in DOA5U

Koompbala

^ I want 8P back more than anything else. I dont know if TN noticed or not but her juggling capabilities are garbage. Shes like the only character that "cant" get more dmg on alpha in combo challenge her re-float capabilities is just pure ass. It would not surprise me if everyone has a kill combo but Tina. I can deal with the 66K nerf this 8P nerf is too much though.

KK I really really really hate it too but I can deal with it. Doing 8P like that is not okay. I also want her to have BT air throw she can combo from BT I feel it only makes sense to give her an air throw from BT.

PacManila

^ I want 8P back more than anything else. I dont know if TN noticed or not but her juggling capabilities are garbage. Shes like the only character that "cant" get more dmg on alpha in combo challenge her re-float capabilities is just pure ass. It would not surprise me if everyone has a kill combo but Tina. I can deal with the 66K nerf this 8P nerf is too much though.
Agreed. The 8P nerf really hurt since it was a good set-up for combos. With no guaranteed follow-ups, you can only hope that your opponent doesn't SE fast enough to avoid 33K. Her limbo stun from (P)KP is her only reliable unholdable, but even then you have to be at the right stance to get the limbo.

When I first heard about the additions of bounds and re-floats, I was excited to see what Tina could potentially do and wanted to experiment with new combos. I was greatly disappointed when I found her bounds to be terrible and having no re-floats whatsoever post launcher (not including PL). It's weird that the other wrestlers have re-floats but not Tina.

TRI Mike

I honestly don't care much about refloats because she can get excellent damage from any launch heigh via air throws. The problem is getting the launch, there's no good set-ups to use without avoiding the stun game.

PacManila

I honestly don't care much about refloats because she can get excellent damage from any launch heigh via air throws. The problem is getting the launch, there's no good set-ups to use without avoiding the stun game.

True. I just find it kinda odd that with all these new additions to stuns and combos, Tina didn't benefit from any of that.

I like to set-up my opponent to continue my offense post-launch. A lot of characters have ways to do that effectively, with some only sacrificing some damage. But with Tina, she lost those types of setups from Vanilla. And with the changes to the ground game, no matter how you end her combo, she is basically in no position to FT them if they just decide to lay there. It's like every time I finish a combo, I will inevitably reset the situation >_<.

Koompbala

Thats my problem with it its just decent and yet everyone else is more than decent. I also dont like how I gotta use her 4T air throw for maximum damage. She cant wall carry people with that throw cause she's always throwing the opponent behind her. If you always use that throw you never leave the same spot. I also what her guaranteed 33K back from 8P that launch wasnt even good and yet it got nerfed. Besides even if we got KK 6H+K back all we would be able to do is ground grab since she has no FT's anymore.

PacManila

Besides even if we got KK 6H+K back all we would be able to do is ground grab since she has no FT's anymore.

You actually still have a FT opportunity from :6::H+K: using :3_::P: to tech. In order for the opponent to escape it, they have to tech at the exact frame they are capable of teching from :6::H+K:, kinda like a "just frame" tech. Mashing wake-up kick or tech will only get them FT'd by :3_::P:. The dummy in lab seems to tech rather quickly when they receive a hard knockdown. When I tried teching out of it myself, I couldn't mash out of it and could only escape it with really precise timing.

Koompbala

^ I actually disregarded that because of the dummy teching every time but never actually tried it on myself. good to know

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
This character would be so much more fun if her stuns were changed to be either shorter or longer. Or if her 2K in stun would stop pushing them away.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
More stun would return her to her vanilla 5 stun game so that's obviously good. Less stun would make it easier to do throws during stuns. Like if something stunned for 13f or so before slow escape, you can do a throw without delaying. Like Kokoro's 6PP 214T.

AkaShocka

I think Tina is fine as is. Only thing I may asked for is probably a tiny jab of better speed. Other than that I think she is good. 3p and hold3p are good lift stuns. She even have other moves that do great in stun like 4k, 4p, 66k, BT 7k, 9p, and even 1p. Yea it doesnt have anything guaranteed after it on CH but its good for pressure.

EDIT:Her KP is also very good. It can cause limbo stun (depending on open/close stance. I forget which one) and that there is free BT damage.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
I would be completely fine with her if she had a fast (15f or so) attack (preferably not high) that left her crouching at around +5 to +13 on hit in stun.

The way she is now, I wouldn't say she's bad, but I think I'd rather play any other character. I already decided to play her in my next local tourney, though. I've already been playing a different character every month for a bit now. I've gone through Kokoro, Rachel, Leifang, Sarah, Gen Fu, Eliot, and this month is Tina. I literally just finished a month of Eliot and I still think Tina needs buffs. Maybe I'll find some secret tech that'll lead me to change my opinion, but I think she's easily the worst character in the game.

Her 44P is godlike, though. So good. Soooo good. I'd give up all of Leifang's expert holds for it.

synce

I haven't used Tina too much since I had a problem with her crappy reach. She doesn't have to mess around with stuns thanks to a scary 50/50 but you really have to get in close, which is never fun with slow characters. If she had better reach or some good oki like Bass or Rachel I'd definitely use her more. Either that or make her 1P stun deeper on CH

TRI Mike

I still think her main problems are the shit she lost from vanilla. I'd dare to say she could have been high-tier with the tools she had there + forced tech.

GarryJaune

I do believe Tina can still win without :6::H+K:,cause :2::3::6::K: still GB and~~~~she has so many hard-to-getup throws and holds,just like :4::H+P:,:H+P:,:7::h:,:6::6::H+P:...etc. so I think she still do good job on groundgames.Meanwhile shes so powerful on everything(hold,strike,grab,OH).

PS: Tina is too slow on her weight,AKA,she needs a 10f :P: or Rachel's weight,but she does not,I can sure say,Rachel is faster than Tina for now,so i think this is the real weakness and every Tina player gonna suffer it

Last edited:

PacManila

What are some of Tina's best options off her 4PPP bounds?

Not much really. They send the opponent too far to really follow up with anything. I messed around and saw that you could follow up with :6::H+K:, but it seems real inconsistent. Not to mention the bound will only occur if you happen to hit someone with a fully-charged :P: at the end, which I don't think has ever happened, at least in my experience.

I do believe Tina can still win without :6::H+K:,cause :2::3::6::K: still GB and~~~~she has so many hard-to-getup throws and holds,just like :4::H+P:,:H+P:,:7::h:,:6::6::H+P:...etc.

:2::3::6::K: is safe on block at -4, but it doesn't really help her lead into anything offensively. Not to mention that scoring that dropkick on hit can actually put you at -6 if the opponent techs up. Also, the only throw that guarantees a ground throw is :6::6::H+P: when the opponent is against the wall. If you were able to do a follow-up ground throw after her other throws, it's usually because the opponent either chose to stay on the ground or they messed up the timing to tech up/wake-up kick (which is more of an online lag issue than a personal timing issue).

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Well, I actually have been hitting a fully charged 4PPP, probably because I'm playing online (or because I'm manipulative), but still what's the point of throwing in a worthless bound animation if only one move can work inconsistently? Incomplete Tina.

Speaking of guarantees from the ground... how situational is a ground throw after her neutral, because I never seem to miss 2T if the range is right after the 5T.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD